Anyone fancy a party

Aah Tories at play. reminds me...

I went to the Tory Conference in Blackpool in 2003 doing some media research for my old work and got to meet quite a few famous faces there. Boris of course was working the conference in his inimitable way and all the old dorises loved him, then I saw Steve Norris and Richard Whiteley (RIP) at another boozer, completely pissed, in fact, everyone there seemed to be permanently trolleyed, Lord Hurd dozing off in a corner, Oliver Letwin coming on to some fella on the other side of the room. Not that different to Westminster then. Despite the festive edge, it was obviously curtains for Iain Duncan-Smith whose speech was pretty dire and it was pretty telling, overhearing all the muttering going on and loads of nobodies enjoying their moment in the cameras.

On the final evening we found ourselves invited by an MP I know (married to a uni flatmate of mine) to local disco "Jellies" near the pier (jesus wept - v.funny mind) and you got to meet some (eek) young tories. Although the fogey quotient is inevitably quite high, there were also some decent people there too, a bit naive perhaps, and obviously surrey/horsey types who had never met anyone from the ghetto before, but they seemed keen enough to represent a new start and turn the page on the thatcher years. The problem was none of them really knew why they were in politics, a few saw it as a useful career move or something for the CV but there was no conviction there at all, nothing there to frighten the horses but at the same time, lacking views on anything at all. And it is a worrying sign of what might happen if/when Team Cam in... Everyone super-friendly, happy-clappy, creepy almost. They all to a man and woman loved ABBA though. We left them to it.

:lol:

dont you fancy the idea of doing a few lines with Dave?

There is a school of thought.....

I could easy get in there. Take a pic of us getting up to all sorts. Sell the pics, I can see the headline now....

David Camera - On - One

In fact no, thats awful, but feel free to improve!

all the old dorises loved him

photo_smiling_lady.jpg

This one is actually called Doris:

Doris%20%7B2003-1129%7D.jpg

Really liking this game - someone post more Dorises please. :eek:

Labour have lost the plot & the Tories will almost certainly make things EVEN worse

so your options as a disillusioned voter are not all that great:

1. emigrate - where to though? capitalism is EVERYWHERE apart from like North Korea or the Moon (and they've even found water THERE)
2. top yourself
3. smack
4. lib dems - but who really gives a monkeys about them?
5. draw a picture of tweetie pie on the ballot paper - ohh, aren't I hard
6. vote for the communists, nazis, flat earth, hugs-not-drugs candidates. Er...
7. vote for your local doctor, Ester Rantzen, Keith Harris & Orville in a populist smash the system tidalwave. Mmm that felt good. And what does the right honourable duck think about ASBOS?
8. do nothing and pray. See also 3
9. disengage from all interest in politics and go underground, hide in the trees, drink the rain, hunt boar, pillage dorset
10. do nothing and spend next 4/5 years complaining about everything on every internet forum in sight.

the choice is YOURS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Party politics doesn't and will never work.

This isn't cynicism it's reality...every politician is motivated by patriotism (nazism/nationalism whatever you want to call it), fear and greed and by it's very nature it's ego ego ego. :rolleyes:

Each and every decision is made on the basis of four years which means nothing will ever be done about climate change, the 'virtual' economy that is spiralling out of control and world poverty.

Indigenous cultures make decisions based on seven generations (a teeny bit longer than four years) - so it's little wonder they lasted as long as time. Yet we refuse to listen to their guidance and follow their lead because we think we know it all. Errr, we don't. :rolleyes:

Until we get rid of the need to be governed by politicians, corporate brands, religions (all the same principle in our cult of rational thinking - aka madness) and instead listen to that thing called truth then we're doomed. It'll probably do us good to learn this the hard way tbh.

But in the mean time, yes, don't vote Tory ffs. :lol:

Now for another Doris. :lol:

3_nobel_doris_lessing_sff.jpg

worst kept secret in the media. Murdoch's backing the Tories

the sun are arseholes, but this front page was a classic :D

sun_3_621051a.jpg

Party politics doesn't and will never work.

This isn't cynicism it's reality...every politician is motivated by patriotism (nazism/nationalism whatever you want to call it), fear and greed and by it's very nature it's ego ego ego. :rolleyes:

Each and every decision is made on the basis of four years which means nothing will ever be done about climate change, the 'virtual' economy that is spiralling out of control and world poverty.

Indigenous cultures make decisions based on seven generations (a teeny bit longer than four years) - so it's little wonder they lasted as long as time. Yet we refuse to listen to their guidance and follow their lead because we think we know it all. Errr, we don't. :rolleyes:

Until we get rid of the need to be governed by politicians, corporate brands, religions (all the same principle in our cult of rational thinking - aka madness) and instead listen to that thing called truth then we're doomed. It'll probably do us good to learn this the hard way tbh.

But in the mean time, yes, don't vote Tory ffs. :lol:

Now for another Doris. :lol:

Who's truth tho? Agree on everything above, your right - democracy ultimately does not work in the long term - but I have not heard a reasonable alternative that - taking into account mans inherent weaknesses, the greed, the envy etc - works in practice.

Your own. ;)

It's a good starting point.

Beyond that I can't help...ask David Cameron I'm sure he's got a few ideas.

Back