Anyone else hate their jobs / people they work with?

Aaron

All the nice people who I used to work with have now left. They have been replaced with TOTAL IT geeks who can’t talk about nothing other than IT! :eek: :rolleyes: :cry: They chat all day is about everything geeky......sooo not good. They even bring in their own laptops in to study at lunch time when they are not talking about the latest and greatest software on the market. Giving me such a headache. :evil: :twisted:

Would love to have a career change and get out of IT now as I am done with this. Lol. Anyone else feel like this? :confused:

Sorry…..just needed to rant.

I just work Part-time (cause I'm at Uni) as a Lifeguard. Some days are really bad, but then others are very easy.

Have three bosses who dont have a clue, and all the full time staff are, lets just say...very thick :confused:

When their all in a good mood, its a very nice easy job with good banter and very relaxed atmosphere(off poolside). However, if their in a bad mood :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

mambobirdette said:
Yes thats why i resigned and am leaving Friday.

Im counting down the hours, perhaps a time for you to move on too?

What you gonna do instead? Deffo time to move on but not sure if I wanna stay in IT to be honest but then I could not afford to take time out and study.

HHHhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............... :confused:

Totally, I have the same problem (IT too, IT'S JUST A JOB YOU SAD W*NKERS!). Trouble is, it pays quite well, and that shackles you. I've applied for some other positions this last week, don't expect to find anyone any different, but at least it'll be a change. And when I get bored of them, I'll go somewhere else.

You have my sympathies Aaron. Maybe we should start our own business.

gingerfreak said:
Totally, I have the same problem (IT too, IT'S JUST A JOB YOU SAD W*NKERS!). Trouble is, it pays quite well, and that shackles you. I've applied for some other positions this last week, don't expect to find anyone any different, but at least it'll be a change. And when I get bored of them, I'll go somewhere else.

You have my sympathies Aaron. Maybe we should start our own business.

lol - was just about to ask what line of IT work you do but then that would contradict everthing I have just said above. :lol:

Drew said:
If i last the day out without killing someone, it'll be a miracle!

:twisted:

Drew, I don't understand how being a free lance you are always moaning about your staff.
I know it's not easy to find good employees but it's a bilateral relationship so, and at the end of the day it's worth to pay the indemnification or whatever you pay in England, than living stressed because of them. And I know what I'm talking, my family business has 15 employees ;)

silvia said:
Drew said:
If i last the day out without killing someone, it'll be a miracle!

:twisted:

Drew, I don't understand how being a free lance you are always moaning about your staff.
I know it's not easy to find good employees but it's a bilateral relationship so, and at the end of the day it's worth to pay the indemnification or whatever you pay in England, than living stressed because of them. And I know what I'm talking, my family business has 15 employees ;)

Are you suggesting paying them more? Cos i pay them pretty good money and i even pay them £30 bonus a week if they attend work Monday to Friday. Money doesn't motivate them.

Their performance is not a problem when they actually turn up to work. The problems begin when they don't come to work.

Most of them have very complicated private lives :rolleyes:

We all have our problems but manage to work around these outside work hours. It's also funny how i've missed one day's in 17 years!! (due to food poisoning) yet a simple common cold is enough for them to not turn in.

The attitudes of the british workforce is at rock bottom, especially the youngsters.

:evil:

What I'm saying is exactly the opposite.
I'm sure there's lots of people with no job (hello babs :lol: :lol: ), it's the spanish case. It's good to remind your workers that if they can't be responsible it won't be a problem for you to find someone to do their same job with more sense of responsability.

I know small business are very complicated. I work in a huge organisation and if I have to stay in bed nobody will be traumatized, while in a small organisation with 15 workers, when there's one piece off then that's a problem.

Aaron said:
All the nice people who I used to work with have now left. They have been replaced with TOTAL IT geeks who can’t talk about nothing other than IT! :eek: :rolleyes: :cry: They chat all day is about everything geeky......sooo not good. They even bring in their own laptops in to study at lunch time when they are not talking about the latest and greatest software on the market. Giving me such a headache. :evil: :twisted:

Would love to have a career change and get out of IT now as I am done with this. Lol. Anyone else feel like this? :confused:

Sorry…..just needed to rant.

I used to feel like when I worked in a PR agency full of little hitlers ready to slip the knife in at any available opportunity. I resigned and got a new job. best thing I ever did! Make the move Aaron. Even within IT there will be nice people to work with. Having said that the IT guy at my work is a complete NERD :rolleyes: :lol:

Aaron said:
What you gonna do instead? Deffo time to move on but not sure if I wanna stay in IT to be honest but then I could not afford to take time out and study.

HHHhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............... :confused:

You need a nice man to support you if you were going to Study ;)

Ive got out of the Rail industry and im going to to work at a recruitment agency as a secretary. Looking foward to it, the girls seem chirpy and normal and not sad a boring like the people / work here.

You need to learn a new trade if your not happy doing I.T. Your at work 7.24 hours a day so you got to find something you like doing chuck :D

silvia said:
mambobirdette said:
Your at work 7.24 hours a day so you got to find something you like doing chuck :D

7.24 hours a day :eek:
Is it true? :eek:

Which is a standar work time in England?

An employer cannot make you work more than 40 hours, but if you wish to work more you have to sign a declaration.

Most people sign it.

Drew said:
silvia said:
mambobirdette said:
Your at work 7.24 hours a day so you got to find something you like doing chuck :D

7.24 hours a day :eek:
Is it true? :eek:

Which is a standar work time in England?

An employer cannot make you work more than 40 hours, but if you wish to work more you have to sign a declaration.

Most people sign it.

I do have 40 hours / week and it's 8.00 hours (8 hours x 5 days= 40 hours).
It's really shocking that 7.24 hours cos it's not a round number

Gonna get my CV in top shape for Dec for all the new jobs (I hope) coming out in January. December is such an easy working month anyway as most people are on holidays so it is mostly very long lunches in the pub. :D

Jan 05 though I am gonna get my head screwed on. :D

I'd just like to add that

A) I do actually like my job. My dept. is cool, my Boss and I get on like mates, and it's a really relaxed atmosphere, especially for an Insurance Underwriters in the City.

B) I'd like to add that the IT guys who monitor all of my web pages, emails and key strokes are some of the nicest, funniest, coolest people I have ever met, and it's a shame that I don't see them out that often because I'd love to buy them all a beer.

Back