Anyone been to Release Yourself @ Amnesia?

Marsellus Wallace

Hey guys:)

Has anyone been to Release Yourself @ Amnesia?
What do you think about Roger`s decision to move from Pacha to the terrace on tuesdays alongside with Armada on the main floor?
Is there a good atmosphere/crowd?
What did you pay to get in?

I´m asking cause I´m goin` on the 1th of September...

regards

Yes I was there twice in July..
I've never seen Roger Sanchez at Pacha so I don't know how it's different, but Amnesia is a better place for dancing as Pacha has too many VIP-areas in my opinion.. In Amnesia it was never too crowded, but still lots of people.
For me Roger playing in Amnesia with Armin was perfect as my bf wanted to see Armin and I like house, so we got a little bit of everything. The crowd was wild in the room Armin was playing, not so much in the room where Roger was playing.. some people were dancing (actually ONE girl was dancing, but she was dancing her butt off, most people were just standing around watching this girl shaking her stuff - she knew people were watching but she obivously didn't care - good for her - after a while a guy joined in and it turned into dirty dancing 2009, but I don't know if those two were the reason nobody else danced - it was all very weird)

On the first night we paid 32 euro each, on the second night we paid 15 each with wristbands from the Amnesia crew at Salinas..

...The crowd was wild in the room Armin was playing, not so much in the room where Roger was playing.. some people were dancing...most people were just standing around....

I was there twice in July also and have to concur. In my opinion, Release Yourself is not the same party now that it is at Amnesia. I feel it was much much better at Pacha.... I hate to say it, but the main room was a lot more fun to be in with Armin playing. I was really looking forward to seeing Roger again this summer but it was a big letdown. I don't feel like the night was a waste though, because as I said, I had a lot of fun in the main room.

(actually ONE girl was dancing, but she was dancing her butt off, most people were just standing around watching this girl shaking her stuff - she knew people were watching but she obivously didn't care - good for her - after a while a guy joined in and it turned into dirty dancing 2009, but I don't know if those two were the reason nobody else danced - it was all very weird)

I was there also that night. Had fun time watching dirty dancing 2009 :D

Back to the original question. Roger is good as always, same goes for his music. Ticket price is 30-35 euro. Terrace is big, so there is lots of room to move and dance. And you must not forget about hot Amnesia dancers :D In my opinion atmosphere is at least good. But to be honest i liked Release Yourself more when it was in Pacha. I felt that the terrace is too bright for Roger's style and music. Dark Pacha was much more suitable. But good party and Roger is the man.

Btw here is bad video i took from Release Yourself http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjy64W1NyMI

Back