anyone been to Prague??

scoobynewby

HI, I'm going to Prauge in January and was woundering if any of you had been?
What are the best bars, restraunts to go to
any advice would be heplful

thanx :(

Haven't been yet, will be there next year tho.

My friend was there over this past summer, and he said both Prague and Budapest were absolutely amazing.

Sorry I don' know any specific places, but from what he told me, everything is great. :)

scoobynewby said:
HI, I'm going to Prauge in January and was woundering if any of you had been?
What are the best bars, restraunts to go to
any advice would be heplful

thanx :(

I have been to Praque many times, beuatifull city let me say, there are 2 good clubs to go Roxy and Radost Fx, if you are there for new year i reccomend Radost Fx, if it still as good as it was for new year 2001/2002 , we had a great party there!

And everything very cheap compare to western europe!

I went to prague last month.

Amazing place - can't sing it's praises high enough.

My tips - get to grips with the really cheap Metro system - i stopped and asked people for directions and everyone was very helpful.

Loads of bars and clubs - for all types of entertainment.

I went to one beside Charles Bridge - Lavka - it's got a terrace which opens onto the river - really cool. Also a bar called Double Trouble in the centre is really good too.

Can't remember the restaurant names, sorry but there are plenty to choose from.

Spend an afternoon drinking in Wencleslas Square (Spelling?) and watch the world go by.

Agree Taxi prices befor you get in though.

Hope you have a good time... i'm sure you will.

went to Prague last dec...

1st night ended up at the Karlovlazne... (4 floored club), was on a thurs night, quiet. only 2 rooms open... 1 upstairs quite banging... and most packed room was playing r n b - so good job the beer was cheap!

me n mate wandered home trying to score... no one wanted to know! he got lost for next 7hrs... got pickpocketed leaving him with the handsome sum of 12crowns... while i was wandering about prague looking for him, fearing something bad had happened.... police were useless... only people who would help my mate try and find hotel (which was located just off the south of most tourist maps) were tourists, locals who wanted to help, didnt speak english, my mate didnt speak czech...

word of advice on that front. keep valubles close to u, if something does go tits up, call yr Embassy direct... they are more than helpful...

went to radost fx on the sat.. dead as u like... dunno y! - no one there at all, and even the locals were telling me that its usually packed!

apart from that, beautiful city... recommend walking across bridge early in mornin b4 the stalls are set up...

oh, and i guarantee u will be sick of the smell of sausages by end of yr trip!

enjoy!

:p

thanks for the advice people.

Everyone keeps telling me how cheap prague is, is it really that cheap,how much is a beer etc?? N how much is it to get in to clubs?

going for 2 nights hope tiz long enough???
:?:

scoobynewby said:
thanks for the advice people.

Everyone keeps telling me how cheap prague is, is it really that cheap,how much is a beer etc?? N how much is it to get in to clubs?

going for 2 nights hope tiz long enough???
:?:

beer on tap - 50p...
beer in bottle (avoid cos it tastes horrid!) - 75p...

club entry, i think it was about £4-5... only a year ago and ive forgotten already!

http://www.pragueexperience.com/clubs/clubs.asp

i didnt get to goto Roxy, only radost fx and the karlovlazne... let us know how u get on!

:D

Just been Monday to Wednesday this week. Didn't go to any clubs as the 10 guys I was with were not interested. I never saw any either, although walking around at night, we were bombarded with flyers for lap dancing type clubs. Watch out for the pro's, they are after picking your pockets, we just shouted to each other "watch your pockets lads" and they ran away knowing they had been rumbled.

Cheap!!! Unbelievable, took £200, brought back £85. Spent £45 on T-shirts and duty free's. That means after 2 days non-stop drinking sessions, meals, transport (bendy buses, trams, underground) I didn't even spend £70!!!

Beautiful place, we did have a coupla hours off the drink to do the touristy bit and admire the scenery, etc. Very cold at this time of the year. Take warm clothing.

Go soon, as now that Easyjet have cheap flights to Prague, I have a feeling that it will get spoiled over the next few years. Prices will rise, our reputation will get ruined by the lager louts, etc.

Back