Anyone been to Kazantip?

Ooh. Just looked at the line-up.
Danny Howells, MANDY, James Zabiela, Paul Woolford, Dubfire, Booka Shade, Danny Rampling and Audiofly, along with top-notch Russian DJs Grad, Kolya and Spy.Der, all there the week of August 5. Tempting!

Also Laurent Garnier headlining closing weekend 8) And a bunch of the DC10 Circo Loco gang on the weekend of the 10th.

Really wanted to head over this year but doing Ibiza the first two weeks in Aug has put a halt to it

Well, I didn't make it to Kazantip last year but definitely considering it again this summer!

BTW, Rolling Stone ranks it up there with Burning Man :!:

941164_468783309879820_2051019747_n.jpg

I have questions- how is the weather compared to ibiza?

And given that this fest. Is rather new, would you say in all honesty that the degree of hedonism is much more concentrated, stronger, apparent, accepted or any other synonym that might indicate a more grass root level festival . In my opinion, these festivals are the ones that harbour more acceptance and tolerance to new things, thus they are exploided by others for their benefit. Sex, drugs, food, illicit acts, sports, etc...

Was this what ibiza was long ago??

I have questions- how is the weather compared to ibiza?

And given that this fest. Is rather new, would you say in all honesty that the degree of hedonism is much more concentrated, stronger, apparent, accepted or any other synonym that might indicate a more grass root level festival . In my opinion, these festivals are the ones that harbour more acceptance and tolerance to new things, thus they are exploided by others for their benefit. Sex, drugs, food, illicit acts, sports, etc...

Was this what ibiza was long ago??

It has been going since the mid 90s, i'd hardly say it was new.

Forget about the fact that it might not be new. What about the other question- I want to get a sense of the festival itself.
I read what someone above wrote about it, are the details and tales of hedonism of this festival overated?

I think last year was the 20th anniversary, so definitely not new!

I still here good things from people. It's plenty crazy.

But I also think it gets exaggerated a bit in some of the videos produced by Westerners.

Back