Anyone been to Cuba on holiday?

My friend went here in April, they loved it, said it was real luxury (where they stayed anyway) they swam with dolphins, went on a few trips - one to Trinidad.......thats all I can think of for now but they both had a really good time so sounds worth going.

I have been twice, It`s only place I have ever been on holiday to a second time, I agree with Taffy on what he said.
We also did the two center thing, Guardalavaca for 10 day`s, up to Havana for the last 3, Amazing place, Amazing people.

We both time`s found deal`s with AI ( about £600 each ) Guardalavaca the First 10 days, then the Havana was B&B, There is not that much around Guardalavaca in the way of town / shop`s, So the AI is worth having, we went swimming with dolphins, Jeep Safari and skydiving onto the beach in front of the hotel, all throughly recommended.

Go there before the Americans can get in ! well they can , but they can not fly in from America, They have to go to Canada or there is some type of pass they can get, But too much grief for most tourists, The Canadians were great !!!

Have a good one
Tim

Edited to add
http://www.brisasguardalavaca.com/home.php is the hotel we stayed at, tell them it`s your aniverserary / whatever when you check in, We blagged a room upgrade both time`s, Both deals were through lastminute.com,

Last edited by a moderator:
Evidently not the case here, but my friend has a theory. Ask some one what they dream of. If they say 'to swim with dolphins'....delete from your phone list!

I have gone off the idea of Cuba now......

I am feeling romantic and sensible and fancy Italy / Amalfi Coast, Portofino Coast (or possibly still Croatia)

Thanks all for the advice :D

Checking out budgets, but looking for something towards the end of the year and this looks a possible - saw 2 weeks AI for £566 the other day, not sure what the hotel is like though, but could be worth it 8)

Back