any1 stayd at Orvay Apartments?

E

Essexbabe

i ve looked all over d internet & havent found much, getting a bit worried now, they re based in san an & have a rooftop pool...
also, has anyone been with Escapades?

went with escapades last year there a good laugh, they try to sell you tickets all the time but thats there job so we'll let that slip. ;)

Hiya!
Yep, went there for a week 1n 1999 with escapades...needless to say, had an amazing week! the apartments are clean, fairly basic but the staff are (were) friendly and they do a cracking breakfast downstairs.
They are closest to the 'sunset strip' (mambo, del mar, savvanah and kanya) which are all THE place to go early evening. The west end is about a 10 min walk.
BEWARE of the rooftop pool...its evil. I swear someones put a magnifying glass above it cuz it attracts the heat...BIG TIME! I got severely burnt on the first day and suffered for the rest of the week. Wear sunscreen!!!!
Im going again 13th June with my mate, same apartments...half the price £200 all in..looking forward to it, obviously!
:p

I have been going with Escapades for the last 2 years and am going again this year. They do have their little faults in that they try to sell you tickets for different trips and nights which are a bit annoying at the time but all you do is say no and they seem to accept this!!

Anyway I didnt stay in the Orvay, I stayed in the Mar Y Vent apartments, which I have to say are top notch. They are clean, staff are friendly, clean pool, and they are on the same street as the sunset bars!! SWEET!!!

Hey wetfarm,
didn't get involved with their 'little trips' last time i went. However, im up for a laugh so is there 1 outing (god, i make it sound like butlins) thats worth going to.

I heard the water partys good (followed by the es paradise water party)

MrMambo, the water party one is alright in that you get a water party in Es Paradis thrown in all to just yourselves and another tour operator. Only thing is that the water park gets a wee bit boring after an hour of going on all of the rides!!

The only one I really go on is the bar crawl, although this is pretty crappy its a good way of meeting people!!

MrMambo said:
Hiya!
Yep, went there for a week 1n 1999 with escapades...needless to say, had an amazing week! the apartments are clean, fairly basic but the staff are (were) friendly and they do a cracking breakfast downstairs.
They are closest to the 'sunset strip' (mambo, del mar, savvanah and kanya) which are all THE place to go early evening. The west end is about a 10 min walk.
BEWARE of the rooftop pool...its evil. I swear someones put a magnifying glass above it cuz it attracts the heat...BIG TIME! I got severely burnt on the first day and suffered for the rest of the week. Wear sunscreen!!!!
Im going again 13th June with my mate, same apartments...half the price £200 all in..looking forward to it, obviously!
:p

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay are they really that close. I was getting so worried about being so far away from everything. Do the rooms have a fridge though? we stayed at Hostel Torres last year and we had to have warm drinks :cry:

MrMambo said:
wicked pizzas. ;)

Don't even go there Mr M - that's all my fella wanted to eat last time we went. Is the place you're talking about by the Catalina/Savanah next to a little minimarket?

Yep, fridge, for keeping the beers cold, balcony, for perving ;) ,and a maid each day (about 11am so beware!).

Boardgrrl, Im not sure where you mean...savannahs on the strip??? There was a really nice take away pizza place about half way up the road leading to mambos.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!! :p

Back