any venues open to dj's strolling through & dropping a s

MichelangeloNYC

Greetings... Im a DJ/Producer from NY & I will be in Ibiza Sept 5th- 13th. I would love to throw down a set somewhere. I open for Tenaglia here in NY & playing in Ibiza would be so memorable.
So does anyone know of any music bars that are open to such a thing?

Hi mate.
I'm out to play the Space Closing party and will be doing much the same as you, seeing as I have my records out with me !
Sunset strip is quite a tricky place to play, as they have dj's on all day (last year I had to hand in a cd and biog and they still couldn't offer anything due to such a tight schedule), but places like Bar M etc don't have dj's until later at night, so you might be able to blag something during the day or early evening.

Good luck !

Wow warming up for D.Tenaglia! Nice one :D If you really get stuck and feel like this isnt too much of a step down for you could always try a new bar that has opened in the west end of San An, it's not your typical crappy, cheesy pub/club and they have DJ competitions on I think every Friday night. The winner get to play a set in Priviledge. Im sure you could win that hands down if you warm up for DT! ;) :p

Rach said:
Wow warming up for D.Tenaglia! Nice one :D If you really get stuck and feel like this isnt too much of a step down for you could always try a new bar that has opened in the west end of San An, it's not your typical crappy, cheesy pub/club and they have DJ competitions on I think every Friday night. The winner get to play a set in Priviledge. Im sure you could win that hands down if you warm up for DT! ;) :p

Yeah, this is at the Plastic Fantastic record shop (believe it's a bar-come-shop etc now?). They hold heats every Friday with the winner playing the backroom at Eden that night. Well worth checking out if you have your records with you !

Stu Hirst said:
Yeah, this is at the Plastic Fantastic record shop (believe it's a bar-come-shop etc now?). They hold heats every Friday with the winner playing the backroom at Eden that night. Well worth checking out if you have your records with you !

Hummmmm, they told me Priviledge! Ok well maybe you would have to find that one out then, but it's a pretty much guarenteed back up plan since you get to do a set in Plastik anyway. I know that it IS the westend, but its OK I suppose if you cant find anything else that night. Good luck.

I went to plastik and really enjoyed it. Slipmat was djing in there too!!! Went up to him and said, " saw Laurent Garnier at Space on Sunday and he dropped 'On a ragga tip' on the terrace". Suffice to say Slipmat was well chuffed.

Back