Any Old Skool Trance Nights about ?

ted glen

Hi guys,

Am off to the white isle in August with the Mrs, just wondering if there are any Old Skool trance nights about this year, doesn't have to be Superclubs, just anywhere that plays a classic or two,

Cheers

Tropi sounds class, been hammering you tube trying to find some vids, looks ace, also some good sets on Mixcloud from the DJ's that play there, think this is where i'll be hanging out for the whole 5 days im there, cheers guys

Check out Ibiza Trance Family for events and info as well.

Also, they have some great mixes up on Soundcloud

It's more a pre party venue for me. Loads of trance this year colours, connect, driftwood, full on ferry, armin, cream etc..

dont mind old skool trance but prefer house or hardcore.

new trance is utter cack however it went terrible after 1999,cheesefest!!

Tropi sounds class, been hammering you tube trying to find some vids, looks ace, also some good sets on Mixcloud from the DJ's that play there, think this is where i'll be hanging out for the whole 5 days im there, cheers guys

Played at Tropi four times now, this year will be my 5th (and 3rd time we've taken our club night, Transcend, to the island)
Follow Ibiza Trance Family for more info.

It's more a pre party venue for me. Loads of trance this year colours, connect, driftwood, full on ferry, armin, cream etc..
thank you so much now i didnt know about driftwood or connect.
its so hard to check where do they trance :( you have to have knowledge of the DJs when you read the calendar.
i plan to go to tropi some times too!

thank you so much now i didnt know about driftwood or connect.
its so hard to check where do they trance :( you have to have knowledge of the DJs when you read the calendar.
i plan to go to tropi some times too!

That's why this forum exists, to ask those questions. Any more about the trance scene, let us know.

There are a lot of trancenights this year. Probably the most in a long time in my opinion.

First of all Tropi trancebar westend, good place to meet and talk about this things whilst on the island. What DJ are on and what they play highly varies even in the same events such as ASOT were they sometimes do real proper trance and sometimes trouse all night long.

Cream, ASOT, Nemesis boatparty, Driftwood boatparty, Connect boatparty, Judgement by Judge Jules(sometimes), Colours Ocean Beach(maybe), Sunk, Tropicana Infrared, Captured Festival, Colors Festival, Ultraviolet, clandestin Full on Ferry, Connect, Psyence @ vetoclub(psytrance), could be some nights around Las Dalias not sure about this(look around for flyers there)

Last edited:
There are a lot of trancenights this year. Probably the most in a long time in my opinion.

First of all Tropi trancebar westend, good place to meet and talk about this things whilst on the island. What DJ are on and what they play highly varies even in the same events such as ASOT were they sometimes do real proper trance and sometimes trouse all night long.

Cream, ASOT, Nemesis boatparty, Driftwood boatparty, Connect boatparty, Judgement by Judge Jules(sometimes), Colours Ocean Beach(maybe), Sunk, Tropicana Infrared, Captured Festival, Colors Festival, Ultraviolet, clandestin Full on Ferry, Connect, Psyence @ vetoclub(psytrance), could be some nights around Las Dalias not sure about this(look around for flyers there)

Was thinking of doing a post listing the nights. Transcend (my own club night) is at Tropi in September.

Thats cool exact date decided? Will be in Ibiza during early september for trance week. Would be cool to meet up for a RB+vodka that night.

Thats cool exact date decided? Will be in Ibiza during early september for trance week. Would be cool to meet up for a RB+vodka that night.

Wednesday 9th September mate. Will have @Phil_Dicko, one of my other promoters and residents with me that night too

trance now is utter dog turd, cant beat the classics! hope to have a pop to tropi in september:)

Depends, there is still some good stuff released, but it's getting rarer and rarer and more often than not by the new guys in the scene.

The big guys like Armin & Ferry have had their day with Trance I think

What type of music are these guys playing now then?

A hybrid between trance and big room house. Usually slightly more melodic with the f***ing horrendous big room drops. (Has the nickname Trouse)
Meanwhile on the other end of the spectrum, guys like Bryan Kearney or Simon Patterson who were helping champion the sound only a few years ago, are now incorporating much more Psy in their sets. Some guys like Simon Patterson are producing what can effectively be nicknamed Psy-Trouse. 140bpm trance, with the psy triple beat but the massive big room drops in it as well.

Back