any indian food in ibiza?

the cilantro in santa gertrudis is a spice lover's paradise.
right in the centre of the village with a lovely garden area.

spice and the sun is a bad combo imo, it always makes me breat out in sweat haha! but im sure the curry club is nice, the place looks lovely! not so far away from the sunset strip....

stephen said:
try deva in san antonio bay.

or the nautilus complex - mei ling et al
they're on this website

I've been to both and Deva is the better of the two. More expensive than the Complex but the food is good quality as is the service. You can have your meal on the terrace or inside.

i've NEVER EVER had indian food! i've had bulgarian food... is it similar? can u describe it too lol i wanna try it one of these days

indians

Bulgarian food is most probably cabbage, potatoes and other bulky foodstuffs which is common for the central euro area, Indian food has many different tastes depending upon which part of India (more accurrately Asia) you go to. By the way... the curry club is bang on.

the corry club is nice, its like a little oasis right in the middle of san an, the surroundings are lovely inside and especially out, the staff where extremely nice but the food was mediocre IMO, the chicken was too dry and the sauces all lack real flavour and where all the same consistency.

shanti shakti again:

324136.jpg

i've been to the curry club a few times and it is _not_ a great curry house in my opinion (unless all you're interested in is the setting and atmosphere, which is great).

the food is very average - chicken tikka starter dry, curries all taste the same - they shouldn't bother with the menu, just say 'which meat and how much chilli powder would you like?' Popadoms were greasy, dips were rubbish and clearly recycled, pilau rice flavourless.

That said, the staff are friendly and there is a good atmosphere plus we got really tasty gin and tonics. I've always had a good time there but the way people go on about this place you'd think it was a top balti in birmingham or bradford, or a gourmet curry joint like Shimla Pinks.

This year I'll be trying the one in Playa...

Re: yes

ksixty9 said:
the curry club..200 yars from the sunset strip.

about half way between the westend and the sunset strip.

have evan seen many an ibiza dj going their as well.. it's really good..

Silly question here!!! :oops: :oops:

Does the curry club do anything other than....curries?? I hate them and I just KNOW my boyf is gonna drag me there this year....I managed to dodge it the last time but have a bad feeling I am not going to manage it this time! :confused:

I will definitely be dining at the curry club this year

never really ate an indian but love a good hot curry

any recommendations?

truebluelad said:
I will definitely be dining at the curry club this year

never really ate an indian but love a good hot curry

any recommendations?

Balti, Madras & Vindaloo are your best bet mate.

Alternatively, choose a dish then ask for it Madras hot etc...

truebluelad said:
think i will try a vindaloo

they dont have lots of veg and stuff in them do they?

dont like veg at all

Nah not at all. The base of the sauce is onions and tomatoes.

I love vindaloo, will be making one from scratch for dinner tonight :p

Nah not at all. The base of the sauce is onions and tomatoes.

I love vindaloo, will be making one from scratch for dinner tonight :p

actually, an authentic vindaloo uses an acidic sauce based on vinegar or lemons. it's a pungent dish from goa/south india that normally has potatoes in it and the meat is usually pork. The goans leave the completed dish to stand for a couple of days after cooking to get it really sour and pungent. The answer above is accurate in this context though - no chance of an authentic vindaloo in Ibiza.

as an aside (if anyone's interested? doubt it somehow :lol:) curry houses in the UK and Europe do not serve authentic Indian food. They serve a commercial cuisine invented by indians/pakistanis for the UK pallette. Nearly all the curries are based on a single sauce made from pureed onion, garlic, ginger and tomatoes. Prepared meats, fish, vegetables and spices are fried in oil with the sauce and then simmered to create the different dishes. A lot of oil is used which emulsifies the sauce producing the silky texture and high calorie count associated with a good curry.

The terms 'madras' and 'vindaloo' are bastardised, being used as indicators of the heat provided by chilli powder. A chicken madras and vindaloo are the same dish just with different amounts of chilli powder.

There are some authentic Indian restaurants in the UK and the Balti houses of the midlands and the north are perhaps a halfway house between the two, although the origins of the Balti are somewhat confused.

ok that's my curry wisdom spent.....

Back