any feed back would be great..from an ibiza virgin

L

liverpoolgirl

staying by the Egg in san antonio....is that good /bad/ noisy/dirty/safe?
called Central Park.....any info would be good on the above or the following

* cost of going self catering...are the supermarkets expensive
*garlands...anyone know how far it is from the eg...a a true scouser this place is fab cant wait to try it in ibiza

*beach...whas it like , is it near

*cafe dl mar...how much to get in ...is it far from the egg

*westend...is it really as bad as ive been hearing

*mcdonalds..thats all one of my mates will eat...plz tell me thres one

*how far is san antonio from the airport...beareing in mind the spanish drive at like 200 mph

* IMPORTANT>>>DID YOU HAVE TO PAY BALERIC TAX WHEN U ARRIVED!
XXXXXX thankyou 4 helping mr lose it!

called Central Park.....any info would be good on the above or the following ........ the apartments will b a little noisy but there are a lot worse in terms of clenliness

* cost of going self catering...are the supermarkets expensive ....supermarkets r dirt cheap expecially beer
garlands...anyone know how far it is from the eg...a a true scouser this place is fab cant wait to try it in ibiza....hmm pass

*beach...whas it like , is it near.... very very near...little small and cramped but u can get a boat taxi to better beaches

*cafe dl mar...how much to get in ...is it far from the egg....bout 1/2 mile from egg...dont think u have to pay in but drinks are a tad steep

*westend...is it really as bad as ive been hearing.... i like it...its good if u want a cheap night out but can get rowdy

*mcdonalds..thats all one of my mates will eat...plz tell me thres one....havnt seen one in san an...there is a kfc and i think burger king

*how far is san antonio from the airport...beareing in mind the spanish drive at like 200 mph....bout 30kms takes bout 30 mins in coach

* IMPORTANT>>>DID YOU HAVE TO PAY BALERIC TAX WHEN U ARRIVED! ......me thinks so

* cost of going self catering- I personally wouldnt do it any other way it is so cheap. Food and drink in all the supermarkets are great which means if the money gets low you can always buy bread and that in and make sandwiches and all thats wot we do anyway and u will save a fortune.

garlands...anyone know how far it is from the eg - Yea it is but dont panic if there are a few of you u can get a taxi or indeed catch a disco bus which is just down the road from the taxi stand u wont miss it as its rite near the egg.

*beach...whas it like , is it near.... very very near...little small and cramped but u can get a boat taxi to better beaches

*cafe dl mar...how much to get in ...is it far from the egg....bout 1/2 mile from egg you dont have to pay in at all and ur best bet is to go to one of the supermarkets and buy some beer and bring it with u, just sit outside and u wont get into trouble and this way u can enjoy the atmosphere for nxt to nothing

*westend...is it really as bad as ive been hearing - B4 i went last year i was dreading even goin through the west end but trust me it is such a laff and none of the wee clubs cost anything and u really can make it into a great nite and you meet some great people as well so please sont listen to all you u hear it is a laff.

*mcdonalds..thats all one of my mates will eat...plz tell me thres one....havnt seen one in san an...there is a kfc and i think burger king

*how far is san antonio from the airport...beareing in mind the spanish drive at like 200 mph....bout 30kms takes bout 30 mins in coach

* IMPORTANT>>>DID YOU HAVE TO PAY BALERIC TAX WHEN U ARRIVED! We are staying at the Marian Apts which r near the westend too and we stayed there last year as well and we werent charged it the man just said he didnt want to so i just think it depends on where u stay but i dont think it costs that much.

Anyway hope that helps u. Have a great time xx

HIYA

THE EGG IS IN THE CENTRE OF SAN AN, BUSY ALL HOURS OF THE DAY BUT A CLASS PLACE TO STAY CAUSE YOU ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF EVERYTHING.

NOT REALLY,NORMAL REALLY. BEST BET OF BUYIN LOADS OF BEER 4 THE HOTEL.SAVE A LOAD OF MONEY THAT WAY-JUST KEEP TOPPED UP THROUGH THE NITE.

*garlands...anyone know how far it is from the eg...a a true scouser this place is fab cant wait to try it in ibiza

?????????????????

IF YOUR STOPPIN BY THE EGG, THERE R LOADS OF BEACHS WITHIN A THROWS DISTANCE.

DEL MAR IS FREE IN, BUT IF YOU DONT GET THERE EARLY EVENING TO WATCH THE SUNSET YOU WONT GET A SEAT. TO SAVE MONEY AGAIN JUST BUY LOADS OF BEER AND JUST SIT AND CHILL ON THE BEACH WITH AROUND ANOTHER 1000 PEOPLE DOING THE SAME. CLASS-GET THER AROUND 7PM THEN GO BK 2 UR APT AND GET READY TO GO OUT 4 THE NITE.

GOOD NITE OUT.SEE LOADS OF ACTION,NOT FIGHTIN, JUST PEOPLE HAVIN A LAUGH. IF UR LUCKY U MITE SEE A COUPLE HAVING A CHEECKY f*** IN THE STREET. GOOD IF YOU JUST WANT TO GET PISSED.

FROM THE EGG THE MC DONALDS IS ABOUT 5 MINUTES AWAY. BY bar m. KFC IN THE WESTEND

GLAD I COULD HELP YOU. AINT BIN THIS YEAR BUT GOIN IN SEPT 4 THE CLUB CLOSING PARTIES.

CHEERS

LEE.

liverpoolgirl said:

*how far is san antonio from the airport...beareing in mind the spanish drive at like 200 mph

XXXXXX thankyou 4 helping mr lose it!

supermarkets cheap as chips

Garlands is other side of island in Playa d'en Bossa at club called pinup. Do you go Garlands in liverpool? I love it there, especially sundays :)

Lots of beaches all over the island. Get a boat from san an to lots of different ones.

Cafe del mar free. Not v good though, the other bars on the same strip are better.

West end is a make your own mind up thing, some love it, some hate it. I dont mind it mysef, good for a pissed up night out.

Mc Donalds in Ibiza town.

San an 15-20 min taxi from airport.

dont eat the egg.u might get samonella.like everone said its central 2 everything.mcdonalds just across the road,mambo is only 10 mins walk away.supermarkets everywhere 7e 4 a large bottle vodka{yee haa}.ull have a great craic.

liverpoolgirl said:

Think you might have to pay this as last year I was allocated on arrival to a hotel from a choice of either Central Park or Club Paraiso...we ended up at Club Paraiso and did have to pay this tax, think it was the equivalent to 2 euros per day, which you pay in full on your arrival.

IMO the West end is good for a warm up in-between watching the sunset and going to a proper 'big' club....is a good laugh especially if there is a large group of you, PR's will offer you dirt cheap deals on booze. Also good for a "night off" ;)

The egg is right in the centre of everything in San An so thats a bonus..taxi rank is right near there too for getting taxis to clubs, etc.

staying by the Egg in san antonio....is that good /bad/ noisy/dirty/safe called Central Park

There'll be traffic noise and people noise as it's the very centre of San An

San An is a bit grubby IMO but I still love it there and it's no worse than any town centre.

As for safeness it's just about common sense - it's OK to walk around the main streets on your own at night if you have to but try and stick together of you can.

cost of going self catering - supermarkets are dead cheap but shop around as some can be a bit more expensive than others.

beach - the beach in San An has had loads of sand pumped onto it so it's a lot bigger than it used to be but the sea there can be a bit dirty from all the boats. There are much better beaches to go to - check out the main site for where to go.

cafe del mar -- it's about a 10 minute walk from the Egg to the 'sunset strip'. Del Mar isn't the best of the sunset bars IMO. Try Mambo (just next door to Del Mar), Coastline and Kanya. You don't pay to get in them, just grab a beer, find a rock and sit and watch the sunset - quality!

westend - it's the capital of cheese! It's good for a cheap night and dancing to tacky music with your mates, but it can get a bit rough and dirty (as in puke and rubbish on the floor!)

mcdonalds - there ain't one but there's loads of restaurants that do English food if your mate isn't very adventurous!

how far is san antonio from the airport - its about half an hour from the airport on coach - about 15-20 mins by taxi. Bear in mind that because a lot of the streets are quite narrow you may end up trekking for 5 mins with your case to your hotel but if you're staying where I think you're staying you'll be alright as it's on a main road.

Balearic tax - although they've announced that they are scrapping it I think we will have to pay it till November this year.

Have a good un! :D

Back