Any DJs who might be able to help with my dilemma ...

AR_IBIZA

I currently have a DDJ-RX controller running Rekordbox DJ with a PLX-1000 going into channel 3. Since having the turntable I have deceived to ditch the controller and go vinyl!

So I'm looking to sell the DDJ RX and purchase an A&H Xone 43C and get another turntable.

But I would also like to have some way of playing all my digital library so I was thinking of getting a K1. I want to know if first of all you are able to control 2 decks within Rekordbox with a K1 going through the mixer I.e. decks 3 and 4 turntables, decks 1 and 2 digitally controlled with a K1

If this is possible I want to know if you can map this in a way where you can have abit more control over the actual track as opposed to FX. I'd like to be able to adjust the tempo up and down, not sure if this is possible with the fader on the K1 or one of the rotary knobs? And potential have a pitch bend mapped to one of the rotary knobs. Seeing as I only need 2 deck control I would use 2 of the channels per deck.

I want all the standard play/pause, cue, scroll and search, load, basic looping, a filter on each channel and maybe another effect but nothing major.

If anyone could shed some light on this and most importantly the tempo control/pitch bend that would be great!

Why don't you get the Pioneer DJM250mk2 £300, comes with Rekordbox DVS. So that is all you would need,

Flick of a switch from phono to USB, either have a record on the turntable or a control vinyl

What about a traktor x1, you can get a voucher to get traktor pro with it currently. Play digital via two channels on traktor then other two vinyl. There is a touch sensitive strip for pitch bend, a wheel for altering tempo and a Loop function built in. You would be best using the filters on the a and h mixer.

You can't use rekordbox for two channels unless you have recordbox dj I think.

Another option is a traktor s4 which has 4 channel mixer built in, 2 of which you could assign to your turntables. Or pioneer will do a 4 channel all in one controller?

Personally I'd go for X1 with the Allen and Heath

Last edited:
Am I being daft, can't you just buy another turntable and run that through the DDJ RX as well? Save you making too many changes? best of both worlds that way? Looks like it has 4 channels?

If you just have the 2 turntables and a mixer you'll need to look into Serato or Traktor with digital control vinyl.

Am I being daft, can't you just buy another turntable and run that through the DDJ RX as well? Save you making too many changes? best of both worlds that way? Looks like it has 4 channels?

The rx only has two channels albeit you can switch to line in

If you just have the 2 turntables and a mixer you'll need to look into Serato or Traktor with digital control vinyl.
You are correct, the DDJ-RX does have 4 channels and I could do this but I want to get an actual mixer instead of using my controller, I had controllers for 4 years now and would prefer a proper, decent mixer.

I have worked out exactly what I'm going to do and as said above I'm going to get an X1 and which back to Traktor. Ill have turntables running on channels 3 and 4 then use the X1 for channels 1 and 2 when needed.

The rx only has two channels albeit you can switch to line in
It has 4 channels, your thinking of the XDJ-RX. I have 4 channels so could do what your originally suggested its just id prefer to move away form a controller now.

I do hear you. Thing is with these pioneer controllers you basically get 2xcdj and a decent pioneer mixer all in one. I think if you take these away you'll miss them and they are the nearest thing to a standard club setup without dropping mega bucks.

Back