$$$ and Ibiza

S

SpaceNeedle

First of all, thank you in advance for the fantastic informational source you guys are.

I am an Ibiza Virgin and would like to pop my cherry in 09/04. Could you give me some educated estimates on total cost for a 10-14 day trip (perhaps with some time in Barcelona, maximum of 4 days). I'm not sure how much it'll cost to get there from Seattle, WA USA, but that's probably the easiest thing to figure out on my end.

Are there special flight/accommodations packages I should take advantage of? What's the best way to maximize bang for the buck? Are packages the best thing to look for? Are there promoters that sell club access passes like they do in Las Vegas?

Thanks, again!

Cheers,
Ben

I popped my cherry this year.

Are you going alone? If yes, then the cost of accommodation will be high. I went alone this year and for 9 nights it cost me 690 Euro's in a 3 star hotel in playa d' en bossa with no air conditioning (a/c wasn't necessary anyway) That price included breakfast and dinner.

You can expect to pay at least 75 euro's per night for a decent 2 or 3 star hotel room if you're going alone.

How many nights will you go clubbing? The majority of the bigger club nights will cost you an average of 35 Euro's entry ticket. If you go clubbing 8 nights, you can expect to pay around 280 Euro's just in entry tickets.

If you drink inside the clubs, you will pay an average of say 8-12 Euro's per drink.

Unless you get a hotel with meals included, you can budget for around 20 Euro's per day for food.

I wouldn't worry about package deals to clubs. Just shop around for the best priced tickets when you're there. I managed to pick up Pacha tickets for sasha for $33 from a pizza shop i had a meal at. cafe mambo was selling them just down the road for $44.

They are the big cost items. You do the maths.

Consider the following categories:

Lodging (Apartment, hotel, villa, or hostel) ??
Entertainment (100 Euros/day)
Food (40 Euros/day)
Car Rental (40-50 Euros/day)
Shopping ??
Incidental ??

SpaceNeedle said:
First of all, thank you in advance for the fantastic informational source you guys are.

I am an Ibiza Virgin and would like to pop my cherry in 09/04. Could you give me some educated estimates on total cost for a 10-14 day trip (perhaps with some time in Barcelona, maximum of 4 days). I'm not sure how much it'll cost to get there from Seattle, WA USA, but that's probably the easiest thing to figure out on my end.

Are there special flight/accommodations packages I should take advantage of? What's the best way to maximize bang for the buck? Are packages the best thing to look for? Are there promoters that sell club access passes like they do in Las Vegas?

Thanks, again!

Cheers,
Ben

Space Needle:

I was in Ibiza for 12 days, and here was my break down:

Plane Ticket From LAX (late Jun-03): $850
Room: 24E / day (I stayed in Sant Antoni)
Food + Clubbing + Bus/Taxi Fares: 900E

I went to Cream Opening @ Amnesia, Circo Loco Opening @ DC10, Empire Opening @ El Divino, Roger Sanchez (Release Yourself) Opening @ Pacha and We Luv Sundays Opening @ Space.

Bottom line is that if you are going to Ibiza only for about 12 days, the cost will be around $2,500.

Cheers,

LagunaBeachCA

Back