Amsterdam

MauroPicotto

Anyone been? Going for first time at end of October for a 30th. Staying near Leeuwendalersweg (?) in a Best Western. Anyone any tips where to head etc? Not a smoker but will most definitely partake in other social activities :p:twisted:

Any advice appreciated :)

Expensive on the beer and red light district is always worth a walk down . Not done henienken mueseum not done anne frank house

Last edited:
You are staying a good bit out from the city centre, grab a taxi or tram into the city

escape niteclub is a good spot if its busy

bulldog cafe "Cafe Mack" serves alcohol(the one along the canal near red light district) and you can smoke as well. (Oudezijds Voorburgwal street)
I bought the woman behind the bar a drink and she asked if we smoked. we said we used tobacco in ours, she said "go ahead just try to not let anyone else see".
I have heard of people being told to go outside to smoke if tobacco is used in joints in most places so this approach could be good ;)

Avoid the bavaria bar, €18 for a pint of Bavaria

Off-licence "The Delter Liquor Store, McCarthys" on zeedijk street, Irish guy owns it and you can buy alcohol without being robbed by the supermarkets :)

Het Elfde Gebod (zeedijk street) also around the corner from that hotel, really cool old fashioned bar. Owner is a nice lady.

Durty Nellys irish bar, avoid. Unless you want to contract a disease. Beer tastes like crap.

Dam square is good for people watching, food and drink can be expensive though.

If you want more than weed, best bet is the African guys.

Get the fries they sell everywhere, they are really nice.

100% go get on a rickshaw, they are mental. They fly around the back streets ringing the bell and people do be jumping out of the way haha. well worth it and chearper than a taxi. Good fun.

the flying dutchman is supposed to be a good drinking a smoking spot but never made it there both times I have been

You are staying a good bit out from the city centre, grab a taxi or tram into the city

escape niteclub is a good spot if its busy

bulldog cafe "Cafe Mack" serves alcohol(the one along the canal near red light district) and you can smoke as well. (Oudezijds Voorburgwal street)
I bought the woman behind the bar a drink and she asked if we smoked. we said we used tobacco in ours, she said "go ahead just try to not let anyone else see".
I have heard of people being told to go outside to smoke if tobacco is used in joints in most places so this approach could be good ;)

Avoid the bavaria bar, €18 for a pint of Bavaria

Off-licence "The Delter Liquor Store, McCarthys" on zeedijk street, Irish guy owns it and you can buy alcohol without being robbed by the supermarkets :)

Het Elfde Gebod (zeedijk street) also around the corner from that hotel, really cool old fashioned bar. Owner is a nice lady.

Durty Nellys irish bar, avoid. Unless you want to contract a disease. Beer tastes like crap.

Dam square is good for people watching, food and drink can be expensive though.

If you want more than weed, best bet is the African guys.

Get the fries they sell everywhere, they are really nice.

100% go get on a rickshaw, they are mental. They fly around the back streets ringing the bell and people do be jumping out of the way haha. well worth it and chearper than a taxi. Good fun.

the flying dutchman is supposed to be a good drinking a smoking spot but never made it there both times I have been

Brilliant thanks for all that mate. I was looking more at the hotel side of things last night and think this might be up for debate with the crew I am going with as most want to be central. Can you suggest anywhere more central that is half decent?

Not a smoker but a few of the guys are so i'll be hunting down the Africans and they can all get stoned :spank:

Really looking forward to it - have heard lots of good things.

Will try keep myself away from the dirty woman but if the birthday boy wants to go, who am I to try and stop him?! :lol::twisted:

bring him to the banana bar haha

I stayed in Inntel Hotel the first time on a stags, nice hotel but has no bar. Good location though.

2nd time I stayed in the NH Barbizon Palace with the missus, got a good deal(got lucky) on it but its way too expensive now. Its a 5 star hotel but if anyone can afford to stay there its a great hotel.

next time we go would probably get a self catering apartment off the red light district or a hotel near Rembrandt Square.

Anywhere near Danmark Street would be ideal for a group (easy access to Train station, shops, food, drink, other stuff etc...)

the banana bar is lethal though, all you can drink in an hour for €50. the girls in there are a bit minging but its a good place to bring someone to make a fool out of them..

hint, a banana is involved.

Let me add to my original post, Also we struggled to buy bottles of vodka as it was under the counter stuff and was too stronger alcohol content to sell normally. But the crazy thing is he had shrooms in the next window.

My mate proceeded to buy a f*** load of high caffeine pills for some reason and he ate them like smarties he was 50 shades of grey on the plane as he was too wired to sleep. Poor fellow

Weed isnt my thing but in our group their was a couple of people who smoked it so we went in "Smokey Joes" coffee shop where they also served heineken.

€6 for half or €8 for a pint was the average price of bars/pubs we went too.

Onto the Red light district i was tipsy the one night a few my mates proceeded to go in for the kill, i was in one bar before going in , just as my mate came out from doing the deed i went in and had a BJ off the same women. As I was tipsy i didnt have a clue until later :lol::lol:
*enter jokes about sloppy 2nds here*

I only had enough for a blowjob and that was €50 i think.

Luckily i shagged that night anyways out on the pull ,a suiss bird with very good english who said i looked like tom cleverley, as you do i said i was his twin brother and had a huge contract at man utd and was here on a pre season tour , I proceeded to bang her back at my room my mate went for a sleep earlier in the day in the bed next to me due to a bad trip and still couldnt be woken with the sound of my balls banging off the fanny of this women :lol:

Fast forward 5 years later and Ironicly we was thinking about going with my girlfriend for my birthday next year. We shall see what develops :)

Come to think of it, Im pretty sure we was in a king size bed as the price of a twin was to expensive and I was "top and tailing" with my mate the whole weekend.

That mate is now my bro in law and he has never brought it up on what developed during those quick minutes of hardcore european action . Wether he was playing a crafty and awake or not remains to be seen.

If he was I doubt he would ever bring it up either especially infront of my sister:confused:

Great times indeed

:D

Also if you head down the alley next to the bulldog 90 in the redlight district there's a legal high shop at the end called smartzone. Ask for 5apb it's a kind of liquid mdma test tube.

Under the counter = quality :)

still couldnt be woken with the sound of my balls banging off the fanny of this women :lol:

:lol: Absolutely brilliant stuff!!

That mate is now my bro in law and he has never brought it up on what developed during those quick minutes of hardcore european action . Wether he was playing a crafty and awake or not remains to be seen.
:D

In bits reading that mate. :D:lol::twisted:

Back