Amsterdam

N

Neil

Anyone know a good site for a club guide in amsterdam or recomend any good clubs anywhere near the red light district?

Ta

Ah the land of milk and honey.

Paradiso is a very good club, find out whats on there first, also sometimes you might have to buy tickets during the day for that night show.

Also I heard a few weeks back that although it is still legal to buy hash/grass in the coffee shops, you can no longer smoke it in them, anyone hear anything about this?

That's rubbish, I was in Amsterdam last month and I smoked until the
cows came home - at least.... I think I saw cows!!! :lol:

Apparently its illegal to smoke it in public ie. outside the coffee shops but its been like that for years and the last few times i was there i wandered round smoking all the time and nothing was said

That's right - you can smoke it in the designated 'brown' cafes, but not
outside, but as you said, everyone does.

xpander said:

:D
Nice one, that place is like my second home

There has been talk of smoking in bars, cafes and restaruants (all smoking) in Amsterdam. Health and safety like in NY etc. Coffee shop onwers are talking to polititans

As from January 2004, it looks as though it will be illegal to smoke in ANY public place. This includes the coffeshops.

At present, it is just as illegal to smoke walking down the street as it is to do so in Britain.

the bann on smoking in places like clubs, bars and coffee shops is postponed to 2005, due to large protests from the bussiness out of concern for their turnover.

<<Nico>> said:
the bann on smoking in places like clubs, bars and coffee shops is postponed to 2005, due to large protests from the bussiness out of concern for their turnover.

I hope it never happens.

xpander said:
hahahha tash u nutter, sounds like me when i go to amsterdam!!!

i go to amsterdam twice a month (with work people not cause i'm a junkie :eek: )
aboslutely FINE to smoke in all smoking cafes, and really as long as your not loud or abusive you can light up most places!! obviusly not family orientated places etc

enjoy your cloud of smoke ;)

Back