Amsterdam - Where to Stay / Go?

Stay in rotterdam its a much better city for everything;) you can get train to amsterdam for the day..you`ll have plenty to do in rotterdam some great bars and cafes there and alot cheaper too..

Like I said, you may still be able to get 'truffles'. IIRC there's some type called Philosopher's Stones.

Yeah I heard truffles are still about :twisted:, Philosopher's Stone never agreed with a 15 year old me though... And yes this Pinkster Weekend sounds very dubious.

Right I've applied for one of those apartments. Looks spacious has a kitchen, double bed, 20 min tram into the centre and smoking is permitted. £220 for 3 nights for two people. ****ing hope he accepts...

If so I am definitely taking truffles. It's been 6 years and I have fond memories. I wouldn't be able to handle walking around dam on that **** though.

i was over in amsterdam in feb. was great, i'd defo recommend going to the zoo and hit a coffee shop before you go there! just hop on a tram (maybe number 3) and it stops right outside.
in the little shops on some streets there were selling mushrooms, they weren't on show but the person behind the till would start talking to you and if you seemed interested in that sort of thing he would offer some. dont know how common this is though. the bulldog coffee shops was the best we went to i think. hope this helps

i was over in amsterdam in feb. was great, i'd defo recommend going to the zoo and hit a coffee shop before you go there! just hop on a tram (maybe number 3) and it stops right outside.
in the little shops on some streets there were selling mushrooms, they weren't on show but the person behind the till would start talking to you and if you seemed interested in that sort of thing he would offer some. dont know how common this is though. the bulldog coffee shops was the best we went to i think. hope this helps

Yeah I was hoping they'd still be available if you ask the right people, that's what it was like in Camden after the ban, but I haven't tried there in years.

Anyway after all the stress I got the place I wanted; http://www.airbnb.com/rooms/106761. Never stayed anywhere other than hotel/apartments before so renting from an actual person should be interesting. 220 is better than everything else I found and we can smoke + location seems decent. Sorted.

Back