Amsterdam-NYE

Lew

Looking for a bit of advice on Amsterdam if anyone can help, just booked for 6 of us to go to the Dam for NYE & dont reallly know much about the nightlife there.

So if anyone got any info or websites about the clubs/music policy that would be great!

Thanks

Looking for a bit of advice on Amsterdam if anyone can help, just booked for 6 of us to go to the Dam for NYE & dont reallly know much about the nightlife there.

So if anyone got any info or websites about the clubs/music policy that would be great!

Thanks

I went last November, also trying to go there for NYE this year but proving hard money and holiday wise.

I didnt actually visit any clubs while there :lol: but there are definitely some floating about. There was one on Rembrandt Sq that was meant to be good.

Sorry cant be more help :confused:

I was there for NYE 4 years ago and we went to a club called Panorama. They had Dubfire playing. Great atmosphere, the missus and I met all sorts of really friendly fun people. Champagne at midnight, of course. Good time all around. 8)

There is another club that we went to and liked (ended up there on an acid jazz night... not really our usual thing but lots of fun). It's a few meters off the Leidesplein on the sidestreet that starts at the back of the main building on the square (a theater I think, called the Stadschouburgm can't miss it). Sorry I don't remember the name of it though :oops:

If you want something a little different. I'm sure the Supper Club will have something special. It's a restaurant with a 5-course meal enjoyed on comfy bed-like sofas with DJ playing. People inevitably dance as well. They have one version in the city center and another on a boat.

Thanks for link grego. Off next Thurs for Amsterdam Dance Event with my man who will be working, this way I get to figure out all best places to go and party with our friends !!

Thanks for link grego. Off next Thurs for Amsterdam Dance Event with my man who will be working, this way I get to figure out all best places to go and party with our friends !!

well this one will be even more useful...have fun!

The Supper Club is a must for meal, music, drink and madness! You will have to book well in advance.

We saw Keri Chandler at Escape, great club!

There is another club that we went to and liked (ended up there on an acid jazz night... not really our usual thing but lots of fun). It's a few meters off the Leidesplein on the sidestreet that starts at the back of the main building on the square (a theater I think, called the Stadschouburgm can't miss it). Sorry I don't remember the name of it though :oops:

I think the club is " sugar factory" they have every sunday night Jazz nights.
Went there once on a thursday and it was cozy. Good music, relaxed people, but not much ambiance or partying.

I went to the ADE a couple of years ago. Good fun.

All the above, however the blanket statement that escape is the best club in amsterdam can only be made if you are into trance (and have been to the rest surely:confused:)

I saw Dave Clark at Melkweg - a brilliant venue. Followed by Sugar Factory on the same night - was more housey, and a good venue. Looks like clark is playing same place again - i would defo go to that one.

Saw PVD at escape, like i said - it is trance a go go go - lots of lights & screens etc.

I believe panama is the best tho - albeit from word of mouth.

I spent NY there a few years ago. With da missus & it was a lovely place. bridges lit up with lamps, loads of snow. Fireworks are banned apart from NY eve in a'dam, hence on that night everyone goes crazy. Get to one of the main squares for middnight.

I was there for NYE 4 years ago and we went to a club called Panorama. They had Dubfire playing.

Think you mean Panama! My Girlfriend at the times was there that night! He played Ministry the next day with Sharam!!

BTW, Dubfire's playing Ministry 16th November with Fancuilli! 8)

Back