Amnesia VIP for 20euro extra - Is it really worth it?

Hi Spotlighters,

I read somewhere that the stand up VIP section (the 20 Euro extra part) wasn't actually worth it as it was as crowded (if not worse) as the main floor and drinks were more expensive by a few euros at that bar... is this true?

Not talking about the other VIP with the table service but just the one on top of the dance floor with apparently more space.

Let me know :)

I've got balcony VIP for Above and Beyond on the 13th so will post on here what it's like. Figured for an extra 20 Euros I'd give it a go to see if it's actually worth it.

I've got balcony VIP for Above and Beyond on the 13th so will post on here what it's like. Figured for an extra 20 Euros I'd give it a go to see if it's actually worth it.

Yeah let me know ...Cheers :D

I wonder if some of the others who have been to the VIP already have any comments

I've been up there before (I didn't pay, although a friend bribed the guard for us)
It's a place to go sit down and get a view of the club from above. I didn't see much else in it.

edit: just remembered I was up there a second time with a friend with connections. That time I remember there were some very nice dancers to look at :lol:

If you're having a night at Amnesia and you drink you'll already be resigned to spending hundreds of Euros on it. I managed to burn about 160Euros at the bar last Monday having arrived sober at 5am (by accident rather than design) .. so an extra 20Euros is probably a drop in the ocean to be honest.

Yes it can be crowded up there but usually a degree less than downstairs and when it is rammod even that is a help. You can't always use it to ease getting from one room to the other (they closed off the through-way for an hour at peak time last Monday - were very firm about it too !). The drinks are about 10% more at the bar upstairs but if you are up there already a couple of Euros is a small price to pay to avoid fighting through crowds.

It comes into its own on the Terrace during the spell between the balcony clearing a bit and the downstairs still being way too crammed and 'bargey'. There are tables near the bar behind the cordoned-off zebra-skin sofa VIP booths where you can sit down and bosh your drink if you want to.

Atmosphere-wise really depends on the night. Last Monday every single person was dancing their nuts off after 6.30am - whether in VIP or on the floor and it didn't mater where you were the atmosphere was amazing. I hit the Terrace downstairs about 7.30am for the last hour and a bit when it had cleared out enough to actually dance without feeling like a mosh-pit. At that point it was far better downstairs.

See you up there :)

We've had balcony access the past 3 times we've been and it's well worth the extra €20 IMO.

Amnesia gets beyond rammed and boiling on these nights so it's great to be able to head up there every now and then for a bit of space plus I love looking over the crowd and seeing the ice cannons go off. We've always met some top poeple up there and everyone is still dancing it's not like a boring sit down area (that's the proper VIP bit).

We still spend a fair amount of the night on the dancefloor but I honestly can say that I wouldn't do Cream without it.

Just remember to wear full length trousers guys :)

Got VIP tickets for both final Cream nights and have my zippy trousers ready :)

I figure it's nice to get away from the dancefloor every now and then...

I got VIP access free through a good friend the first time i went to Cream back at the beginning of August (paid for it the next week as it was really worth it). As i said in my review it was dangerously busy especially trying to get into the terrace and everyone was pushing and shoving and some people fell and could have easily been hurt.

Getting up stairs (altought it was still busy) there was alot more room and everyone was still up for it just as much as the people on the floor level.
Its worth paying the extra for the drinks as you tend to get served alot quicker ( from what i experienced)

I wore trousers for initial entry then rolled them up into shorts once up there and they werent bothered about that either.

I switched to the vip tix anyway...gives me the option and I also get to see both downstairs and upstairs...
Also it makes switching between rooms much easier... can't go wrong with that :)

I wouldn't do Cream without the balcony ticket tbh. With taxis, tickets, drinks before and in there and any other stimulants you're looking at a £250 night minimum so an extra £15 for some space to chill out is a no brainer.

I wore trousers for initial entry then rolled them up into shorts once up there

:confused: :eek: Really ? !!! Ones you can unzip the legs from I could pretty much get but .... seriously ? How thick were the hems by the time you passed the knees ? !!! :lol:

:confused: :eek: Really ? !!! Ones you can unzip the legs from I could pretty much get but .... seriously ? How thick were the hems by the time you passed the knees ? !!! :lol:

:lol: they were pretty thin linen ones id purposely bought to wear from Amnesia VIP. Came with a button just above the knee and another piece of material on the inside to keep them held up. Two quick rolls and bobs your uncle.

:lol: they were pretty thin linen ones id purposely bought to wear from Amnesia VIP. Came with a button just above the knee and another piece of material on the inside to keep them held up. Two quick rolls and bobs your uncle.

The lengths one is driven to over being seen to comply with club dress codes, honestly :rolleyes:
... did you roll them down again before going back up the stairs if you went down onto the Terrace or outside for a breath of air ?

The lengths one is driven to over being seen to comply with club dress codes, honestly :rolleyes:
... did you roll them down again before going back up the stairs if you went down onto the Terrace or outside for a breath of air ?

No, left them rolled up, the security guy on the stairs didn't say anything upon my return. :eek:

Back