American's first time - June 25-30

beatpusher

This was my first Ibiza trip. I am a 24 yo American guy who has had electronic dance music in my heart for over a year and a half now, and have always had a desire to visit this island. It started out as a trip to barcelona and a side trip to ibiza to a trip to ibiza with a few days in barcelona.

As the airplane took off from Barcelona into the light blue skies and over the beautifully calm water, I felt as if we were flying into heaven. Less than an hour through we were approaching this magical island that looked like it has appeared out of no where. It was ****ing awesome. I tried to picture the thousands of people preparing for the night ahead as it was approaching 8 pm. I wasnt sure what to expect expect for an outrageous party atmosphere and a unique vibe. Ohhhh I couldn’t wait.

Landing was a breeze. They quickly let us out of the plane and in no time I got into the baggage claim. The firs thing I noticed were the ads for the big clubs. The cartoon characters on the Manitee @ whatever club poster, Space, Amnesia. Whoaa. LOL. I quickly collected my baggage and breezed through to the exit. People were as excited as I was- Dancing as they left the exit.

I called my illegal English taxi driver friend i met online and he was there within 20 minutes. Check into Ibiza Rocks Hotel. What a place. It was filled with 98% British people. British tourists are something else. But I don’t mind them because they do know how to have a good time. The hotel has 2 pools, with daily pool parties lasting until 6-7 pm. Really cool people. The only drawback with that is it kept me from exploring other parts of the island. Ex I wanted to check out the sallinas beaches and Ibiza town but never got around to it because I was too busy killin it in Ibiza rocks.

They were super strict about who they let into the hotel. I heard guests have to pay 30 euros to enter, which is pretty lame.

Within 30 minutes of landing I had met some cool people who introduced me to san Antonio. We walked around the west end. One of them gave me a free pass to the Monza opening party @ Privilege. I was planning on staying in because I was so tired, I am real glad that I decided to join them. We had to get in before 1 AM in order to enjoy the free pass. We got there about midnight and they had the doors closed so we waited outside as the que began to grow. One of the girls I was with just informed me that she got a text msg about micheal Jackson dying. I thought it was probably astupid rumor but after she got the news from another friend it began to sound like sad reality. RIP. I felt bad because the press had been ****ting all over for him for the past 5 years and now he was about to make a comeback.

Privilege is an awesome club. There I realized that one of my fav genres is Tech-house. Was a crazy time. Laughing gas sold at the bar?! What?! Awesome!
The next morning I woke up and ventured out to explore San Antonio. Had a decent breakfast/lunch at an English restaurant called Fatzos. Had spaghetti which was pretty decent.

After that went to the pool at the hotel and chatted up some people. The key to going solo and having a good time in Ibiza is meeting people. You can’t be shy and keep to yourself or else you will end up being alone all the time.
I called my my taxi driver friend and he told me about a boat party called Wonkey. I swiftly made it there 10 minutes before they boarded. It was 50-60 euros which included a pass to Eden that night. The wonkey boat party was pretty cool. They hada few rules- No drug use and no dancing on the chairs that wer along the edge of the boat. Fair enough. People were real friendly and there wasa ral cool vibe. The view was beautiful one we left the bay. Gorgeous water, pretty islands and what a beautiful sunset. Unfortunately, while breaking rule #1, I ended up getting really nauseous and had to sit down and close my eyes for a n hour or 2. Otherwise it was a great time.
I was too tired to go to Eden, and just went back to my hotel and got some sleep in preparation for the next day.

Next day: pool party at the hotel then the Zoo project. When I first got there I didn’t know exactly what the hype was all about. There weren’t that many people there. But as the hours passed by and the dark set in it began to be a lot more fun. Mopre people came in, the music got better and the atmosphere was insane. I didn’t dress too crazy, but a lot of others did. I really liked the girls dressed in skimpy sexy outfits. People were dressed as leopards, tigers, pussy cats, ;) I met quickly met a girl and before I knew it we let our animal instincts get the best of us in the back behind where those chill out beds were. We soon got kicked out but that was fine. I just began walking down the road and ran into some british people who were staying at my hotel. We walked a good hour from the zoo project to san Antonio and had a blast. Two of them almost got run over by cars though. We decided to get a quick drink in the “Girls Club” but changed our minds when we realized it was one big brothel.

Once we got back to San An we decided to go to the west end and noticed a Spanish guy running as fast as he could with what looked very much like a stolen bag.
We decided to go back to our hotel and get changed and meet at a bar called Kelseys (or kelties). It took a very long time to get out there and once I found the place I couldn’t find my new friends so I decided to explore the rest of the west end. What a ****hole. It was about 2-3 am by that time and the “chavs” I heard so much about were frantically out and about. I contemplated going to Defected @ Pacha and although the music sounded awesome, I was really tired and it was approaching 3:30. I ate a hot dog with onions and cheese on it and decided to call it a night and head back to the hotel to catch some sleep. That was pretty hard because there was constant noise until about 6 am every morning. Oh well that’s ok. I didn’t pick that hotel to have a restful vacation anyway.

I believe the next morning was Sunday. I woke up, and walked around san an for a bit. Caught the bus to Ibiza town on the way to Play den bossa. My plan was to hit bora bora and then space. In Ibiza town I waited for a good 40 minutes until I realized that the play den bossa bus goes to the other bus stop down the street. I thought that was pretty retarded. Anyway I got to the right bus stop/ chatted up some cute worker girls on their way to bora bora.

PDB was a bit different from San Antonio. I expected it to be a bit nicer. While it was less crowded, it didn’t impress me. Obviously the beach was a lot nicer and the crowd was more diverse but it had a similar atmosphere. After eating some pasta at a bar/restaurant nearby I went to bora bora to see what all the commotion was about. I definitely know what people meant by “Bora bora isn’t what it used to be”. I watched youtube videos of it and it seemed awesome. I almost booked a hotel right next to it just so I could go to it everyday. I am glad I didn’t because while the beach was cool and the inside was a lot of fun, it wasn’t that much more special than any other place in Ibiza. I thought it was lame how they had dividers to divide the beach from the bar. After about 2 hours of dancing and hanging around, I ventured to meet a fellow American who was also traveling solo. I met him through travbuddy.com. Him and I walked around and had a drink at a bar along the main road where space is. We watched the final minutes of the USA – Brazil game (respect to USA) and decided to hit up We Love @ Space. What a cool club. I loved the Acid House Happy faces hanging from the ceiling. It had a cool set up with a place on the terrace to chill. I love how most clubs in Ibiza have chill out places that aren’t part of the VIP section. The music was cool. Not my favorite though. I liked the music on the inside terrace the most until the main DJs (2 many Djs and I forgot who else) began their sets in the main rooms. I also liked the small chill out room on the bottom floor. The DJ was mixing a lot of Michael Jackson songs into his music which was cool. I almost suffered from a dangerous case of dehydration so folks be sure to constantly rehydrate yourself throughout the night. I loved the massage chairs. LOL they don’t bull**** around in Ibiza. I sat next to a sexy girl who happened to be staying in my hotel. We flirted and made out a bit until she had to leave. What a sexy little thing she was. If I had some brain cells that night I would have made some effort to meet up with her at the hotel but I was too busy enjoying myself at space. I left space around 3 or so. Was a lot of fun but not my favorite club.

Woke up to my last full day in Ibiza. Ohh I could feel it coming to an end but didn’t let the party stop. I went out to the pool, drank a little and chatted up some people. The hotel was heavily promoting Tiesto @ Privilege. They had a sneaky way of telling us they could get us a discount on the tickets (39E instead of 50 or so at the door + a free bus ride). It was bull**** because that was the standard price if you buy your tickets in advance and it comes with a free bus anyway. After chatting with some people in san an I could tell Cocoon was the place to go. I met up with a girl I met the first night (who gave me a free priv pass) and a friend of hers decided to join me at amnesia. We got some sangria and drank at their workers apt. They were playing a killer CD, not sure what it was but it might be a new space CD. Soon enough we were on our way towards the bus stop next to that amusement park. I passed by some of the people I met on the way out of zoo project- two pretty english girls doing the only good-hearted promoting in Ibiza- charity donations. After dropping a few coins into their box we were back on our way to the bus stop. What a ****load of trashed party people waiting for the bus. It was the same bus stop for both privilege and amnesia. After waiting for an hour the priv bus came though. Not nearly enough room for everyone and it looked like the bus was about to tip over with everyone banging around and yelling.

We decided to call up my taxi driver friend. As we did so the amnesia bus came and passed by! It didn’t even stop. So we took my taxi driver friend over and got in without waiting in the que. What a poppin place. The music was off the hook and so was the atmosphere. The ice cannon was amazing. Randomly stumbled into my American friend that I went to space with. We all danced, had some laughing gas hits and had a great time. They didn’t allow cameras but I got mine in and took some cool videos. The set ended 7pm. Whoa what a lot of fun. I have to say that amnesia and priv are my fav clubs, even though I only went to 3. I wish I had the chance to try pacha.

Went to an after party filled with a bunch of K-d out people. I was too wired to really enjoy myself so I left to get 1 hour sleep before I had to check out. I requested a wake up call but instead I had some loud housekeeper maid barge in telling me I am late for check out.

Within a few hours I was at the airport and as I landed back in Barcelona I already missed Ibiza. I didn’t spend enough time there. What an awesome, crazy island. I ****in loved it. I really want to go back but I don’t know if I will be able to until next year.

I did run into alot of people who were more into getting drunk than they were into the music. There were some hen parties and so forth that went to ibiza simply because it is a hard party zone. that's cool i guess, but i expected it to be more about the music. with that said, i liked how there was EDM being played in every place you go- grocery store, cars, rasturaunts, bars, you name it.

Best night: it would have to be my first night in privilege, but it is closely tied with cocoon.
Top tip: Take chances and meet people. Don’t be afraid of anything in Ibiza.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like you had a great trip man! I'm an American as well and was in Ibiza from the 16th-26th, but I still need to write up my review. Glad you had a good time!

Nice review! Based on the nights you went to Monza and Cocoon would def have been my top 2 as well.

I'm not liking that they have banned cameras in Amnesia though. How hard was it to get it in? Did you have any trouble with cameras at Space or anywhere else?

... It started out as a trip to barcelona and a side trip to ibiza
to a trip to ibiza with a few days in barcelona ...

2wfuy6h.gif

... I called my illegal English taxi driver friend i met online ...

2wfuy6h.gif

... boat party ... They hada few rules-
No drug use and no dancing on the chairs ...
... while breaking rule #1, I ended up getting really nauseous
and had to sit down and close my eyes for a n hour or 2.
Otherwise it was a great time ...

:lol:

... I met quickly met a girl and before I knew it we let our animal instincts
get the best of us in the back behind where those chill out beds were.
We soon got kicked out but that was fine ...
2wfuy6h.gif
2wfuy6h.gif

... we ... noticed a Spanish guy running as fast as he could
with what looked very much like a stolen bag ...

did he show you his passport ? :lol:

... I waited for a good 40 minutes until I realized
that the play den bossa bus goes to the other bus stop down the street.
I thought that was pretty retarded ...
2wfuy6h.gif

... I sat next to a sexy girl who happened to be staying in my hotel.
We flirted and made out a bit until she had to leave.
What a sexy little thing she was.
If I had some brain cells that night I would have made some effort
to meet up with her at the hotel but I was too busy enjoying myself at space ...

... bus stop. What a ****load of trashed party people waiting for the bus.
... After waiting for an hour the priv bus came though. ...
it looked like the bus was about to tip over
with everyone banging around and yelling ...

... I left to get 1 hour sleep before I had to check out.
I requested a wake up call but instead I had some loud housekeeper maid
barge in telling me I am late for check out ...

:lol: :lol:

... i liked how there was EDM being played in every place you go-
grocery store ... you name it ...
2wfuy6h.gif

Wondering where you'd got to lol didnt know you had already gone to Ibiza! nice to see you had a wicked time, wicked review too .. can I get your taxi friends number when I go lol 8):lol:

Thanks 4 that hun ! hope its not Pablo though... we rang him when we were in the UK and ordered a load of drugs to be brought to our room when we were pisd one night.. he rang back half hour later asking why we didnt open the door lol

Oh my god! Just watched the clip. It's confirmed one thing, there's no fookin way I'm going to Cocoon! What an awful racket (without sounding too much like my dad :eek:)

Seriously, does anybody really like that song\tune (i don't if I will get sued for calling it a song\tune)

The blonde looks nice though ;)

Lmao don't blame the tune blame the sound quality doh haha

Back