Amazing DJs/appearances at your local townie club...

Many will have now heard of Taste the punch

Well they I believe are Luton based and put on some very decent events considering the capacity

One of their latest events for a crowed of I would guess around the 400 mark in real basic room at Luton uni - Steve Lawler and Solardo headlined. What a night it was!!

The guys behind it (the Sheilds brothers) have been supporting local talent for years. Really good to see them push through as successful promoters. I went to the Steve Lawler night there and it was fantastic. The Solardo guys were wrecked haha.

I went to see Dj Pierre at a club in Stafford back in the early nineties.

That's like seeing Robert de Niro at the local church hall play.

I guess it's all relative, but funny you should mention Brighton, as I'm always really envious of the line-ups going on at The Arch and Patterns. Really affordable admission price (under £10) for a known-headliner most weekends. The likes of Shanti Celeste, Young Marco, Lauren Lo Sung & Denis Sulta seem to play down there regularly. I'd kill for acts like that at that price in my town.

I don't understand how agents region their fees to be honest. Brighton is as easy and as quick to get to from Gatwick as Maidstone is. Arguably moreso.

You know what maybe I am being a bit harsh on Brighton and maybe a bit of rose tinted glasses and you are right about a lot of the line ups. I think what I feel is missing is the crowd just isn't a 'clubby' crowd which bothers me a bit. At least at London events seeing the same acts you get more of a ravy crowd. The security at The Arch is also not very clubber friendly from experience. Could be wrong and maybe I should give it another go, but London is so easy / convenient I just tend to do that. Also some of the promoters lack creativity. Take always book Sam Divine which I get, but so much more out there.

Carl Cox played in Dublin around 93 I think in a proper underground club aptly called the Asylum.
No license, no alcohol bar and 3 floors of madness till 10 am every Friday and Saturday. There's a copy of his set on YouTube I think.
f***in great night

They even left homeless people in and kids some mornings :eek:.the scenes in supermacs for breakfast were great

They even left homeless people in and kids some mornings :eek:.the scenes in supermacs for breakfast were great
Some scenes alright, you could barter with the doorman on how much to pay in. Police didn't know what to make of the place when they came in for a wander.
Some really good music played too.

Back