ALTERNATIVE MUSIC

S

*Saffy*

Ok .. what other sort of music do you like?

Don't care if this has been done! Had several glasses of wine so am in a writing mood! (Random poop mood some would call it)

ROCK!!! HEAVY SHIT!!!

CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW FOR SOME LOCAL HEAVY ROCK BANDS!

My favourite-ist band ever is The Stone Roses, like some other stuff from that era like Happy Mondays etc.

I also like a bit of hip hop, love Missy Elliot and Eminem.

Also like stuff from late 70s/early 80s like Joy Division, The Jam, New Order.

Really love The Doors.

And still love Wham.

So quite a mixed bag really :p

I went to Club Paraiso the first time I was in 'biza. They make you pay out a deposit........

Well wide ranging taste in music - apart from "dance", some of my faves include pink floyd, marvin gaye, depeche mode, damian rice, josh ritter and oh yeah loooove kylie! Soundtrack to Jackie Brown is one of my ab faves. I do love my music!

Barbie said:
My favourite-ist band ever is The Stone Roses, like some other stuff from that era like Happy Mondays etc.

I also like a bit of hip hop, love Missy Elliot and Eminem.

Also like stuff from late 70s/early 80s like Joy Division, The Jam, New Order.

Really love The Doors.

And still love Wham.

So quite a mixed bag really :p

That's interesting, If were to list my top bands
Beatles
Pink Floyd
Stone Roses
New Order
Doors
Joy Division
Jam
Happy Mondays

Seen quite a few of the above, Stone Roses in Blackpool were awesome :D :D

Sorry, no room for Wham here

WeLuvIbiza said:
That's interesting, If were to list my top bands
Beatles
Pink Floyd
Stone Roses
New Order
Doors
Joy Division
Jam
Happy Mondays

Seen quite a few of the above, Stone Roses in Blackpool were awesome :D :D

Sorry, no room for Wham here

Spooky, Babs + We Love = Separated at Birth :p

Was that bit too young to see Stones Roses at Blackpool :p ;) but saw them at Spike Island.

I forget Pink Floyd from my list, I used to listen to them all the time in my student smoking days but less so now. I take it you've seen The Wall, proper funked up film :p

The Roses @ Blackpool was back in the heady days of 1989, the start of my clubbing days, a mere teen :D There was a huge huge convoy of cars trying to get to an illegal rave, police trying to stop all the cars all over the place, those were the days ;)

Saw New Order a couple of times, and the Jam in my schoolboy days. Saw Happy Mondays, who were simply mad mad mad.

Saw Black Grape on before Stone Roses at Sheffield and they were poor imo. Roses were brilliant, started with the full version of "breaking into heaven"

On an individual song basis, I would list "Sally Cinnamon" in my top 10 of all time.

My mum used to be quite concerned at my obsession with "The Wall" :eek: :eek: watched it about a zillion times when I was young :rolleyes:

WeLuvIbiza said:
The Roses @ Blackpool was back in the heady days of 1989, the start of my clubbing days, a mere teen :D There was a huge huge convoy of cars trying to get to an illegal rave, police trying to stop all the cars all over the place, those were the days ;)

Saw New Order a couple of times, and the Jam in my schoolboy days. Saw Happy Mondays, who were simply mad mad mad.

Saw Black Grape on before Stone Roses at Sheffield and they were poor imo. Roses were brilliant, started with the full version of "breaking into heaven"

On an individual song basis, I would list "Sally Cinnamon" in my top 10 of all time.

My mum used to be quite concerned at my obsession with "The Wall" :eek: :eek: watched it about a zillion times when I was young :rolleyes:

I think I was just a little pupp-ess of 13 in 1989 so my mum wouldn't let me go to Blackpool, I was pushing my luck to go to Spike Island cos I think I was 15 at the time.

Yeah I saw Happy Mondays in lovely Bridlington, got crushed at the end of the night and ended up in Casualty with broken ribs :eek: :p

Mmm think my fave Stone Roses song has got to be 'I am the Resurrection'.

Back