alone

The first time I visited Ibiza I went alone (summer 2000). The next two years I had a friend. It was more fun with a friend because I was able to feed off their energy to pull me through the long nights.

Barbie, you would think "weirdo" if someone went to a club alone??? Why? I don't think its the safest thing in the world, but I see going to a club alone as BRAVE. It says you don't need the fortress of your friends to baby you when you get shot down or to have conversations with if you get bored or shy... people who go out alone have enough courage and confidence to meet new people and are comfortable enough in their own skin to have a good time with themselves. I cruise with my big herd of friends, my boyfriend, OR alone (if no one wants to go out and I've got the itch, I'm gone!) I'm certainly a little strange, ;) but not psychotic!

PachaGirl79 said:
Barbie, you would think "weirdo" if someone went to a club alone??? Why? I don't think its the safest thing in the world, but I see going to a club alone as BRAVE. It says you don't need the fortress of your friends to baby you when you get shot down or to have conversations with if you get bored or shy... people who go out alone have enough courage and confidence to meet new people and are comfortable enough in their own skin to have a good time with themselves. I cruise with my big herd of friends, my boyfriend, OR alone (if no one wants to go out and I've got the itch, I'm gone!) I'm certainly a little strange, ;) but not psychotic!

I just have serious worries about people who go out on their own.........surely they must have at least one friend in the world to go out with :rolleyes: ...............guess I'm just lucky, I have a boyfriend, plenty of friends to go out with so I'm never been stuck being a Billy No Mates! And I have plenty of confidence, am certainly not shy and do talk to random strangers in clubs, but at the end of the day I think it is much more fun to be out with my friends/boyfriend.

OK, like I said before I've been clubbing on my own, and maybe I am pretty confident that I can get on with anyone (maybe Barbie excluded) and have no problems with it.

It maybe comes from when I dj at places, if you're playing somewhere you've never been before and you have to get there, driving or whatever you still have to be there whether you go with mates or go it alone.

Not every dj who plays in a club is well known or is with someone, yet another example of somebody doing it for the music.

gecko2 said:
OK, like I said before I've been clubbing on my own, and maybe I am pretty confident that I can get on with anyone (maybe Barbie excluded) and have no problems with it.

:?: :?: :?:

Barbie said:
gecko2 said:
Barbie said:
gecko2 said:

:?: :?: :?:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Explain yourself young man :p

Looks like I'm going to have to :rolleyes: In the eyes of Barbie, people who go out on the own are weirdo's who have no mates and Barbie can't see that sometimes some people do out for a bit on their own. Well I hate to dispell a myth but not everyone is Fred West on acid looking for a 4/4 beat.

Clear enough, or would you like Queen's English? :rolleyes:

gecko2 said:
Looks like I'm going to have to :rolleyes: In the eyes of Barbie, people who go out on the own are weirdo's who have no mates and Barbie can't see that sometimes some people do out for a bit on their own. Well I hate to dispell a myth but not everyone is Fred West on acid looking for a 4/4 beat.

Yes buy why the fook don't they have any friends in the first place to go out with.................I rest my case :p

And if that's Queen's English matey............. :rolleyes: :?: Or is that gramatically correct in Hull LOL! ;)

Barbie said:
gecko2 said:

Yes buy why the fook don't they have any friends in the first place to go out with.................I rest my case :p

And if that's Queen's English matey............. :rolleyes: :?: Or is that gramatically correct in Hull LOL! ;)

OH MY GOD! You just obviously haven't been reading any of the above posts have you?

gecko2 said:
Barbie said:
gecko2 said:

OH MY GOD! You just obviously haven't been reading any of the above posts have you?

Yes and I do see why some people might go out on their own and if they do for whatever reason fine (friend is ill, going to DJ in a place etc)

What I do find tho is that a lot of people who go out on their own are Billy No-Mates cos essentially they've got no-one to go out and if someone hasn't got any mates they I have to wonder why the funk that is??

YAWN, I think I'm going to go and book my holiday to Ibiza before I end up slitting my wrists with a rusty spoon.......

gecko2 said:
YAWN, I think I'm going to go and book my holiday to Ibiza before I end up slitting my wrists with a rusty spoon.......

LOL your wit and humour amazes me, the point of a message board is to have open and honest conversation...............just cos you might not like/agree with what I say everyone has an opinion.

I'm all for meeting new people while I'm out and about, but if someone is some sad little weirdo with no mates, hey I don't want them harrassing me..................might ruin my image and all that pmsl!!!!!!!!! :p ;)

Barbie said:
gecko2 said:

LOL your wit and humour amazes me, the point of a message board is to have open and honest conversation...............just cos you might not like/agree with what I say everyone has an opinion.

I'm all for meeting new people while I'm out and about, but if someone is some sad little weirdo with no mates, hey I don't want them harrassing me..................might ruin my image and all that pmsl!!!!!!!!! :p ;)

I think you're being a bit harsh on the lad Barbie, c'mon, the lad has no mates, give him a break! :lol:

Yeah, everyones entitled to their opinion on every matter posted. Barbie and everyone else has brought up very valid points on this issue, eventhough I might feel differently on parts of it. Everyone have a beer for me now! :p

BARTONIOUS said:
Barbie said:
gecko2 said:

I think you're being a bit harsh on the lad Barbie, c'mon, the lad has no mates, give him a break! :lol:

I've got plenty of mates, I'm just glad Barbie isn't one of them :D

Back