Alone in Ibiza

jefffroeh

37 year old straight guy traveling to Spain alone from NYC. Figured I'd check Ibiza out to see the spectacle. June 26 to 29.

Not a club or flashy guy, I know I know, but I like new things on vacation and money isn't really a worry, not that I'm rich. Just old and always been single.

In town for three nights. Figured I'd check out a super club Saturday night, might try VIP, I like to drink and I do dance but the knees only allow it for short periods of time. I'll need a seat.

Also want to try a boat trip and a few beach and pool parties. Maybe get one of those big ass lawn chairs and chill one day with some beers.

Any suggestions where I won't be the oldest guy at the party? I got around a lot when I was younger. Who knows if any of those 18 year olds out there are mine?

Don't worry about age, no one in Ibiza does.

I've seen people old enough to be my gran parents smashing the dance floor and being as wide eyed as any of the younger crowd!

Just go with an open mind and embrace everything about the place!

Go sample some artists you've never heard of, do things you've never done and don't look back :)

Don't worry about age, no one in Ibiza does.

I've seen people old enough to be my gran parents smashing the dance floor and being as wide eyed as any of the younger crowd!

Just go with an open mind and embrace everything about the place!

Go sample some artists you've never heard of, do things you've never done and don't look back :)
Well that's reassuring, but I was hoping for a suggestion on what I might want to check out while I'm there.

26th - Daytime - Ocean Beach Pool Party
Night time - Space, Glitterbox
27th - Daytime - Zoo Project
Night time, Go experience the west end in San Antonia (Good Luck)
28th - Daytime - Bora Bora Beach party
Night time - Pacha (Solomun + 1)
29th - Depending on what time your leaving, try and fit in the Cirque De La Nuit boat trip, otherwise hit DC10 for CircoLoco

You should not feel too old at any of theses events... I'm older then you and will be doing all of the above.

As Patto said... embrace everything about the place

Enjoy

It depends a bit also on the kind of music you like, but I believe 'Ants' could be something for you (Ushuaia - details if you click on it in the party calendar at the Spotlight main page) and also Pacha might be worthwile to visit.

Ants is a daytime party starting in the afternoon running until midnight, so don't go to late.

Pacha is a club with many different rooms and (for most of the parties) some different music options.

If, however, you want to experience the real 'superclub' stuff, you have to go to Amnesia or Space. Just be advised that music might be different than what you would expect - it is not that Cafe del Mar stuff that is being played there, but rather deep house, trance, techno etc.

VIP: You will actually have difficulties to do VIP as a single - most of the VIP options focus on couples or groups.

Sitting: Not many options in the clubs besides sitting on stairs or in the VIP.

I would generally recommend to look around here in the forum who is travelling solo as well and if you can join some people with some experience on the island, makes it easier for you.

Most of all: Enjoy yourself!

No .. 37 is right in the middle of the age range on many nights out. I've a few years on you as do many of us on here. I go to Ibiza alone regularly and have done for years. Grab a scooter or quad if you don't like driving with a stick else hire a car go see the place properly. It's great.

Sitting: Not many options in the clubs besides sitting on stairs or in the VIP.

IME you can usually find somewhere to perch or, if worst comes to the worst, a wall to support you. :D And I'm an old geezer (39) who probably now spends more time 'resting' in a club than dancing.

Ibiza's the easiest place I've been to do both as a single traveller and as an older person who still enjoys partying.

I am actually planning to go solo next year. I have been planing to go for so long now. But for some reason or another never got the chance. Now I am really doing it and already planing! Have been in love with the island for more than 10 years for some reason I cannot explain yet since I have never been there! Quite excited even though it's a long way for summer 2016 and the daunting task of organizing a trip that include all activities in 15 days.

Got to agree with everyone on here really, Ive travelled to Ibiza on my own a dozen times over the last 25 years and always found it welcoming, in fact im there next week with my wife for a couple of weeks and back again on my own during mid october. Best tip is to hire a car and explore!

Back