All sounds great, but does it work?

CraigyB

added by james: This thread dates from 2004, but the questions are just as pertinent today as they were then.

This all sounds great and I’m not being negative, just cautious but has anyone used the system successfully yet?

I have been on the guest list at space before and it was a shambles, organised chaos.

I guess what I’m saying is it worth the risk – especially the whole email thing? How do you know they won’t have lost your email or will they be happy to accept the printed copy and not rely on checking there systems ??

Last edited by a moderator:
hi craigyB - i know exactly what you mean :)

this was our major concern before setting it up. space started two years ago with a laptop on the guestlist entrance, instead of handwritten lists (still used by some clubs!). after some teething problems in those first two years i have to say they run by far the most professional door. i have followed the whole procedure from start to finish:

• * the completed list is sent automatically 48 hours before the party to space. if for some such reason the list does not arrive (email account broken, etc, etc) then the space office can go online and download the list at any time. sales are stopped 48 hours before the party starts - this prevents any last minute tickets not appearing on the list.
  • * the name and ticket ref are put on the guestlist in the office.
  • * this guestlist is then transferred to the laptop just before 8 am on the sunday morning. (remember that industry bods, tv crews and VIPs are also on the guestlist - so you can imagine the care which space take with this list!
  • * then it really is a simple matter of checking the name and number on the ticket with the name and number in the guestlist.

it worked first time last Sunday for two tickets perfectly!

i have personally talked to the people who work the guestlist door, i have shown them the tickets, so they know exactly what to do. they both speak excellent english too.

for this coming sunday 11.07 there are 40 tickets sold. so that will be the real test, but i have no doubts.

my only advice would be this (and this advice applies to everyone trying to get into the club, whether gueslist or normal):
in august / early september there are quite a few people on the guestlist too, so if you come a bit earlier than usual, you'll get in quicker and the club won't be so full either.

sunny_d

it has to be photo ID - this is the only safeguard against lost tickets and fraud. after all what's to stop you buying 10 tickets, then giving your credit card and these 10 tickets to a friend who uses them. then you claiming your credit card has been stolen and that is not your signature (which it wouldn't be). could open a can of worms.

one of these new photo card driving licences would be ideal - i know i always carry mine in my wallet with me?

james said:
hi craigyB - i know exactly what you mean :)

this was our major concern before setting it up. space started two years ago with a laptop on the guestlist entrance, instead of handwritten lists (still used by some clubs!). after some teething problems in those first two years i have to say they run by far the most professional door. i have followed the whole procedure from start to finish:

• * the completed list is sent automatically 48 hours before the party to space. if for some such reason the list does not arrive (email account broken, etc, etc) then the space office can go online and download the list at any time. sales are stopped 48 hours before the party starts - this prevents any last minute tickets not appearing on the list.
  • * the name and ticket ref are put on the guestlist in the office.
  • * this guestlist is then transferred to the laptop just before 8 am on the sunday morning. (remember that industry bods, tv crews and VIPs are also on the guestlist - so you can imagine the care which space take with this list!
  • * then it really is a simple matter of checking the name and number on the ticket with the name and number in the guestlist.

it worked first time last Sunday for two tickets perfectly!

i have personally talked to the people who work the guestlist door, i have shown them the tickets, so they know exactly what to do. they both speak excellent english too.

for this coming sunday 11.07 there are 40 tickets sold. so that will be the real test, but i have no doubts.

my only advice would be this (and this advice applies to everyone trying to get into the club, whether gueslist or normal):
in august / early september there are quite a few people on the guestlist too, so if you come a bit earlier than usual, you'll get in quicker and the club won't be so full either.

sunny_d

it has to be photo ID - this is the only safeguard against lost tickets and fraud. after all what's to stop you buying 10 tickets, then giving your credit card and these 10 tickets to a friend who uses them. then you claiming your credit card has been stolen and that is not your signature (which it wouldn't be). could open a can of worms.

one of these new photo card driving licences would be ideal - i know i always carry mine in my wallet with me?

Cool, give us a report after today/tonights madness ;)

Sounds like things have improved.

hi craig,

i spent a half hour on the door at space with the guestlist team last sunday, and everything went smooth as silk. all names plus numbers of persons were correctly in the list and the office were able to confirm on tuesday that everyone came in fine with no problems! :D

as hannibal would say "i love it when a plan come together"

or was it "i'm having an old friend for dinner" ;)

We pre booked our tickets for the I Love Space Closing Party. I have to say I'm really glad we did. We skipped the cue, got the tickets for 5 euros cheaper and got a free drink.

I just took my driving license with me for ID which I keep in my purse all the time anyhow so it wasn't a problem at all! :)

Back