ALL SAINTS + THE AGE OF L.U.N.A. | IBIZA ROCKS | 17/08/16

McRackin

Super Moderator
This week was the turn of four saintly singers at Ibiza Rocks...

But first we got to see the Londoners The Age Of L.U.N.A. (standing for Living Under No Authority, title of their first mixtape). The young quartet formed in 2013, who were also supposed to appear at Applebum (Sankeys) later this month but sadly the party has been cancelled, take inspiration from 90's hip hop bands like A Tribe Called Quest and The Fugees.

Rappers Butch and Kyote, singer Daniella (who turned 22 yesterday) and producer NK-OK delighted us with songs like "Blow Me Away" or "Sweetness".

Loved their smooth music and laid-back vibes... definitely ones to keep an eye on.

P1320010+-+copia.JPG

The newly reformed 90's girl band All Saints are back together in full force featuring its classic line-up: Shaznay Lewis, sisters Nicole and Natalie Appleton and former Ibiza resident Melanie Blatt (she moved back from Santa Gertrudis to the UK when the band reformed but her family continues living here), who at the time DJ'd at Grial, Atzaro, Ocean Beach Club, etc and even hosted her own party at Sands.

The foursome presented their first new album in ten years Red Flag, from which they played four songs including the first single "One Strike", without forgetting old favourites like "I Know Where It's At", "Never Ever" and "Pure Shores".

Not the kind of music I would listen at home but a fun night nonetheless, especially when they played their cover of "Under The Bridge" by Red Hot Chili Peppers.

P1320099+-+copia+edit.jpeg

The last four weeks the live music finished at 11.30pm, instead of midnight as in the past, but since yesterday it finishes at 11pm so make sure you go early or you'll end up missing all the action...

Ibiza Rocks line-ups and tickets here:
:arrow: http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/night/promoters/ibiza_rocks_i.htm

Apart from many island faces, in the VIP I spotted the Mystery Jets (who we saw live at Ibiza Rocks back in 2008) hanging with Diego from Dorado Live Shows, where they played earlier tonight...

P1320178+-+copia+edit.jpeg

All Saints setlist:
Chick Fit
I Know Where It's At
Bootie Call
Rock Steady
Lady Marmalade (LaBelle cover)
Black Coffee
Viva la Vida (Coldplay cover)
One Woman Man
Poison (Bell Biv DeVoe cover)
Ratchet Behaviour
Red Flag
Under the Bridge (Red Hot Chili Peppers cover)
Never Ever
One Strike
Pure Shores

Pure shores is a brilliant piece of work, I have the Beach soundtrack and it's one of the highlights of it.

Sorry to bump this! Just saw that they performed!

Back