Alfie...

synchronicity

Jude Law bending over a pool table notwithstanding, is the new version actually any good?

Because the original, starring Michael Caine, is brilliant, surely one of the best Brit films ever made. Apparently they've softened the ending in the new one, which pretty much makes the whole movie totally pointless!!

It looks good. The women are gorgeous and Jude is delicious. But there's not much substance. It's entertaining, but the kind of film you forget as soon as you've seen it. I can barely remember the ending... :oops: :lol:

Holly G said:
It looks good. The women are gorgeous and Jude is delicious. But there's not much substance. It's entertaining, but the kind of film you forget as soon as you've seen it. I can barely remember the ending... :oops: :lol:

Honestly, the original is genius.....its one of the most profound films I've ever seen, it reminds me of Jean Paul Sartre - it asks the most fundamental questions about what it is to be human, human relationships, and the purpose of life.

Some pop-cornathon with Sienna Miller in the buff is hardly gonna measure up, is it?

synchronicity said:
Honestly, the original is genius.....its one of the most profound films I've ever seen, it reminds me of Jean Paul Sartre - it asks the most fundamental questions about what it is to be human, human relationships, and the purpose of life.

Some pop-cornathon with Sienna Miller in the buff is hardly gonna measure up, is it?

I dunno, I guess it depends how shallow you are. :lol:

Holly G said:
synchronicity said:

I dunno, I guess it depends how shallow you are. :lol:

does it have the scene with the abortion?

Back