Alan Thompson....anyone heard him spin?

Dr Fox

Been perusing the www.trustthedj.com website and have seen a couple of CD's by this fella.....to be honest I've never heard of him but he respects the likes of Kid Creme and Junior Jack so he can't be that bad.

Anybody know what he's like? Cheers guys. 8)

He's very good! He used to warm up at Trade. Plays funky vocaly house, and knows how to get a crowd jumpin'!

Last time I heard Alan Thompson he was playing Hard House a couple of years ago, and he fluffed up a mix big style. Other than that he was good. ;)

Cheers Cookie, looks as though the hard house is a thing of the past for the lad now......says funky on the trust the dj site but you can never be too sure...even if they say so!! :lol: Was just tempted to purchase a couple of his mixes...

I've got the DTPM cd, disk one is mixed by him and it's good, few years old now though. What are those trust the dj CDs like, any good? I read somewhere that the site was run by Nicky Holloway.

Never bought one. Only found the site due to looking for some info on Jeremy Healy....he used to be my favourite DJ in the mid-nineties. May have to pur-chase them to see if they are any good.

In the two times i've seen him 'live' in the past he used to be a back up vocalist for the DJ that spun that night (James Andersen if i ain't mistaken)

Dr Fox said:
Never bought one. Only found the site due to looking for some info on Jeremy Healy....he used to be my favourite DJ in the mid-nineties. May have to pur-chase them to see if they are any good.

I used to love jeremy healy, esp when he used to drop stuff like smells like teen spirit or a bit of jacko in the middle of his sets :D
Haven't heard him for years but I hear he's not that hot any more

I agree with you there, him and Alastair Whitehead along with Sasha were the dogs in those days. Had the pleasure of witnessing Mr Whitehead recently and he was class. As for Jezza, he was remixing Jacko long before the mixes we hear today. I remember at the time a lot of clubbers whinged about him playing "strange" tracks in the middle of his sets, but I liked that. Got loads of tapes from his days at Back 2 Basics and some Fantazia ones....still class now....and he can scratch. :D

He's on at Eden whilst we are there, will ask him to see if he can still do it LOL! Should be good for nostalgia purposes.....he was once THE original superstar DJ and now he's very low-key......shame really. :confused:

Dr Fox said:
He's on at Eden whilst we are there, will ask him to see if he can still do it LOL! Should be good for nostalgia purposes.....he was once THE original superstar DJ and now he's very low-key......shame really. :confused:

Tell him his mate Amos is a tw@t when you see him :lol: :lol: :lol:

gecko2 said:
Tell him his mate Amos is a tw@t when you see him :lol: :lol: :lol:

...didn't he own the pub in Emmerdale with Mr Wilks once? :lol: Oh I remember him, the guy he did Stamp! with....not the best tune ever recorded but I've heard worse. Jezza has come a long way since his Hayzee Fantayzee days.......

We was talking to him in Global room 2 years ago, he's a really friendly guy.

He played an awesome set that night too.

'specially when he dropped "The Bomb"

:D

Alan Thompson is one of the most profesional dj's I know...he will play acordingly to the club his in and what the floor demands.
His style is house, mainly funky and he will build his sets towards a harder kick drum and a more looped sound.
As far as I know he rarely has ever played hard house.
He can play an excellent deeper set as well.

Back