Air baggage limits and hiring stuff...

howardh

Jet2.com have areasonable cabin baggage allowance (a medium-size case up to 10kg) but a hefty surcharge if you want to put more luggage in the hold.

So, being a spendthrift, I am gonna take just what I can get into the cabin bag.

That means no towel (to large/heavy), beach-bag, beach umbrella etc, those and all the toiliteries I use will be bought on the island.

Anyone know if it's possible to hire a decent radio (and where from), and other stuff that up till now I've taken for granted?

Must be a business oppo in hiring out the stuff peeps don't bring with them these days!

BTW - at the end of the holiday, rather than just leaving them (towel/brolly/bag) on a beach with a sign "help yourself" I'd like to donate my beach stuff to a charity shop - probably an animal charity - anyone know one in or around Figuretas??

up the back streets of san an town there is a charity shop, not far from ibiza rocks hotel, went in it last year:oops:

Can't say I've noticed charity or second-hand shops (there must be some shirley??) but inbetween Figueritas and Ibiza town there are cheap shops for locals - bit like the £ shops at home, that sell anything from undies to pot towels. Got a fab pair of beach shoes from one for less than e3,- which lasted many a holiday!

One thing I am deffo taking in my hand-luggage is a travel kettle. That's sacred - when the euro's run out, it's packet soup and a roll, yummy!!

if you were a bit older you'd remember it as a manumission bar, costume shop, drag queen bar and john ship's furniture shop! on the same plaza as the ship inn.

the caritas shop in ibiza town is in the 'kings' streets but i think they had a fire or something (help mackie) similar there a week or so ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if they might have any old flared trews in there (prefer yellow) can't get them anywhere these days....

if you were a bit older you'd remember it as a manumission bar, costume shop, drag queen bar and john ship's furniture shop! on the same plaza as the ship inn.

the caritas shop in ibiza town is in the 'kings' streets but i think they had a fire or something (help mackie) similar there a week or so ago.

First three I recall, furniture shop not. Does that make me 3/4 ancient El Ste?:p

Back