Aintree Festival 2009

jjinit

on 4 today, ladies day tomorrow so likely to be a cracking field!!

re the big one on sat......I really can't make up my mind!!

(just realized my post was a total non-sequitur :lol:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm convinced Tony McCoy has to win one of these years... Butlers Cabin for me! :)

Now for the dissapointment...

The Race will not be won by Butlers Cabin, wont have the speed to win. You are going to need a horse that has run at championship level, has a touch of class and can quicken.

Also you need a horse under the age of 10, and not carrying more that 11st5.

Look towards Evan Williams, State of Play, a horse who has won a Hennessy and a Charlie Hall Chase and only carrying 11st2lb. He is 14/1 at he moment and will shorten in price before the race on Saturday.

Irish Horses Balak Apalachi and 2007 winner Silver Birch are others to keep on your side.

The Race will not be won by Butlers Cabin, wont have the speed to win. You are going to need a horse that has run at championship level, has a touch of class and can quicken.

Also you need a horse under the age of 10, and not carrying more that 11st5.

Look towards Evan Williams, State of Play, a horse who has won a Hennessy and a Charlie Hall Chase and only carrying 11st2lb. He is 14/1 at he moment and will shorten in price before the race on Saturday.

Irish Horses Balak Apalachi and 2007 winner Silver Birch are others to keep on your side.

silver birch no chance!!!

Only fear I have with Black Apalachi is that he carrying a little too much weight for what he has done. He will be involved at the finish if he gets around.

Silver Birch is worth an small e.w bet a 66/1. Hes a rouge of a horse, that's why Paul Nicholls sold him, but he has won over course and distance and if he has a going day, hes a live outsider. He wont fall and has the ability to win.

His trainer has been bringing him to the beach and different gallops to keep him sweet, and says that the horse is in great form. He has been laid out for this race all season.

Only fear I have with Black Apalachi is that he carrying a little too much weight for what he has done. He will be involved at the finish if he gets around.

Silver Birch is worth an small e.w bet a 66/1. Hes a rouge of a horse, that's why Paul Nicholls sold him, but he has won over course and distance and if he has a going day, hes a live outsider. He wont fall and has the ability to win.

His trainer has been bringing him to the beach and different gallops to keep him sweet, and says that the horse is in great form. He has been laid out for this race all season.

as has "state of play so" he is preffered!!

got a shortlist of 10 and can't get it down :x

I will have no problem in cutting it down for you!

I reckon there will be only 3-4 horses in contention jumping the last.

Tom George is Shrewd trainer and Kilbeggan Blade has been kept to hurdling this season to protect his chasing handicap mark. Stays well and hes a real dark horse.

You cant really fancy anything too much in a Grand National, you need a lot of luck to avoid loose horses and fallers.

Tatenen in the 2.15 is the real bet for the day.

£1.50 each way on mon mome in the national has made chambo a happy drunk bunny,thanks to paddy power online for the £190.50,respect!!
:D:D

Back