Ah ah aaaaaaaCHOOOOOO!!!

Beckiboo

I have been sneezing almost constantly for the past week :spank: :evil: I read in the paper yesterday that the hayfever season has started a month early. Is anybody else suffering?!

I don't particularly like taking tablets, but can anyone recommend any tried and tested solutions for hayfever? I've got a runny nose, sneezes and itchy eyes :cry:

gas%20mask.jpg

hahahaI love sneezing.

Once I was in grid lock and there was 4 lanes of traffic stopped, 2 oncoming and 2 in the direction I was facing. I sneezed so loud, then across 3 lanes of traffic you just hear this guy in the opposite direction that had stopped as well, scream "BLESSS YOU"

Do you know which season you are?

The three main pollen allergy seasons roughly correspond to spring (trees), summer (grass) and autumn (weeds).

My allergy is to tree pollen, which is just starting up now as we had a cold March. Usually it runs late March - mid-May.

Given that you guys have had warmer weather for a few weeks now, and if people are saying that your seasons are running a month ahead of time, I'm guessing you've got summer allergies.

I've been using Kestine and it's been working pretty well so far this year. Other medications I've used include Claritin, which is over-the-counter but not always effective.

There's another one I've tried which is supposed to be "new generation" but I can't remember the name...I've got to pop down to the pharmacy for some more Kestine at some point this afternoon so I'll ask. It was good but I found Kestine better.

Should mention - besides Claritin, there are a couple of newer over-the-counter medications called Zyrtec and Allegra. They might be good enough to help you.

I tend to go for prescription-strength medicine since most pharmacies here will sell them without a written prescription :twisted:

I have been sneezing almost constantly for the past week :spank: :evil: I read in the paper yesterday that the hayfever season has started a month early. Is anybody else suffering?!

I don't particularly like taking tablets, but can anyone recommend any tried and tested solutions for hayfever? I've got a runny nose, sneezes and itchy eyes :cry:

Hope for a good splash of rain to damped down the pollen in the air.8)

I am allergic to tree pollen so I tend to get it this time of year - however, because I have been gardening for weeks and getting rashes and bites from cutting down shrubbery I have been taking my anti histamines for 2 weeks now so cant say I have noticed if my hay fever is here..... :lol:

I prefer Piriton - I like the drowsy ones :lol::lol::lol:

I had a good sneeze this morning must admit.

For runny nose get Actifed!

I used to suffer terrible runny nose due to a form of hayfever from Peru and this dries it up totally.

Is it me or has the hayfever "pandemic" got worse?! Literally EVERYONE on my tube this morning was sneezing, snuffling, blowing noses. My eyes are really itchy today :(

Is it me or has the hayfever "pandemic" got worse?! Literally EVERYONE on my tube this morning was sneezing, snuffling, blowing noses. My eyes are really itchy today :(

Bec you need more drugs - take a clarityn or a zyrtec or something, use a nasal spray (you need to use it for a few days before it starts working, but if you persevere it's quite effective) and get some eye drops. I usually get really bad hay fever, but haven't started suffering yet here in Barca.

Bec you need more drugs - take a clarityn or a zyrtec or something, use a nasal spray (you need to use it for a few days before it starts working, but if you persevere it's quite effective) and get some eye drops. I usually get really bad hay fever, but haven't started suffering yet here in Barca.

I havent been taking anything! It's not sooo bad that it really affects me, its just annoying. I guess I should take something for it, I've been trying to soldier through :eek:

Heheheh I think, snot, is the most neglected of taboo bodily extracts in humor.

We all laugh at farts or get grossed out when someone ****s or pisses themselves, but, when people sneeze, its not AS gross.

It was the same on my train, they probably think they all have pig flu :rolleyes:;):lol:

I have never had hayfever before (or so I thought) but the last 2 months I have had extremely sore eyes, to the point where they were streaming. Wonder if this is some kind of hayfever :!:

I have never had hayfever before (or so I thought) but the last 2 months I have had extremely sore eyes, to the point where they were streaming. Wonder if this is some kind of hayfever :!:
It can start at any age. I developed mine in university.

I've been on my antihistamines for about 3 weeks now. I started using the nasal spray a couple of weeks ago (when I was in London). For some reason, I've had no problems with the eyes this year... just nasal issues and occasional sneezing.

Try a Neti Pot - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nasal_irrigation

Most people find it weird but it does work. It at first will feel like when water gets up your nose at the beach, but as you use it more, it'll feel very soothing. It flushes out the irritants from your nasal passages so you stop reacting temporarily; the antihistamines you take will thus work better because there's less of a reaction to deal with.

Good luck! From April to May the allergies can only get worse. :cry: My asthma inhaler collects dust all winter, and then has to be replaced twice this time of year!

It was the same on my train, they probably think they all have pig flu :rolleyes:;):lol:

stress of modern living, pollution, food production and the chemicals involved, it all has an effect eventually.

we might all be living longer, but at a cost!

Back