Age group at Pacha?

JamesNYC

Hey guys,

Friend and I have VIP tables at Pacha for FMIF and Aoki's Playhouse for middle of July, and now that I read up a bit on Pacha, I feel like the Pacha crowd is older and more "sophisticated" than other crowds? My friend is 20 and I'm 19. What is the age group at Pacha like - are we going to feel out of place (as in, too young?)

Thanks.

both parties you're attending have a mixed crowd with lots of young people so don't worry.
especially aoki is a VERY young crowd.

Thanks for the replies guys. One more question... What is the policy about going to/from the VIP area and dancefloor? I read somewhere online that you aren't able to go from the VIP area to the dancefloor and vice versa, is that true?

Not true, of course you can go to the dancefloor....getting to it (especially for FMIF) might be a challenge as it's super busy!
Hope you have a fantastic time :)

Thanks! Am I allowed to bring people into the VIP area? (If for instance I met someone on the dance floor and wanted to bring them back for a drink?)

normally not. you book a table for a certain number of people and these get access. you can always try though

Hey guys,

Friend and I have VIP tables at Pacha for FMIF and Aoki's Playhouse for middle of July, and now that I read up a bit on Pacha, I feel like the Pacha crowd is older and more "sophisticated" than other crowds? My friend is 20 and I'm 19. What is the age group at Pacha like - are we going to feel out of place (as in, too young?)

Thanks.

Out of interest, why did you go 'ViP' and get a table for these night?

Agree these nights will be a very young crowd.

normally not. you book a table for a certain number of people and these get access. you can always try though

From my experience, as the night goes on they care less about who goes where. At 6AM they aren't really paying as much attention! And if you're desperate and rich most people in Ibiza can be bought with a €50 note ;)

Out of interest, why did you go 'ViP' and get a table for these night?

Agree these nights will be a very young crowd.

Originally planned on going VIP only for FMIF, since regular tickets were sold out. When we tried to get a table on Spotlight, it got declined, so we tried for a table at Aoki, but my friend simultaneously tried to get a table at FMIF directly from Pacha, and it ended up working out, and Spotlight was able to get us a table at Aoki... So while we originally intended to only have a table at FMIF, we now accidentally have tables at both, lol.

Kind of having second thoughts now knowing that we can't bring a person or two to our table to have a drink. I reckon it'd get kinda boring in the VIP area at a table with just me and my mate. It's surprising to us because most of the clubs we frequent in our home countries are completely fine with bringing a person or two from the dancefloor to the VIP area for a drink or two.

Are all clubs in Ibiza like this? Hope I don't sound too foreign, lol.

Last edited:
I reckon it'd get kinda boring in the VIP area at a table with just me and my mate. It's surprising to us because most of the clubs we frequent in our home countries are completely fine with bringing a person or two from the dancefloor to the VIP area for a drink or two. Are all clubs in Ibiza like this? Hope I don't sound too foreign, lol.

I think it's all relative. If you are paying €10,000 for front table then I am sure people can come back, but if everyone got a table and bottle for two people and then invited friends back it would get a bit uncomfortable up there! AND everyone would be doing it!

I think it's all relative. If you are paying €10,000 for front table then I am sure people can come back, but if everyone got a table and bottle for two people and then invited friends back it would get a bit uncomfortable up there! AND everyone would be doing it!

Makes sense. Would you say that a VIP table for 2 people is worth it?

Originally planned on going VIP only for FMIF, since regular tickets were sold out. When we tried to get a table on Spotlight, it got declined, so we tried for a table at Aoki, but my friend simultaneously tried to get a table at FMIF directly from Pacha, and it ended up working out, and Spotlight was able to get us a table at Aoki... So while we originally intended to only have a table at FMIF, we now accidentally have tables at both, lol.

Kind of having second thoughts now knowing that we can't bring a person or two to our table to have a drink. I reckon it'd get kinda boring in the VIP area at a table with just me and my mate. It's surprising to us because most of the clubs we frequent in our home countries are completely fine with bringing a person or two from the dancefloor to the VIP area for a drink or two.

Are all clubs in Ibiza like this? Hope I don't sound too foreign, lol.

I don't really agree with the whole VIP thing, prefer going with the flow and losing it for hours on the dance floor. Each to their own, I am sure you will work out your own preferences when there. Enjoy.

I don't really agree with the whole VIP thing, prefer going with the flow and losing it for hours on the dance floor. Each to their own, I am sure you will work out your own preferences when there. Enjoy.

The way we thought of it - a regular ticket is 70 euros, and VIP is 225 a person, so the "difference" is 150 euros. I would assume that we would spend 150 a person on drinks at Pacha anyways - and VIP includes a bottle up to the table price - so we figured it would be worth while.

Makes sense. Would you say that a VIP table for 2 people is worth it?

I would say yes for FMIF, as it'll give you some personal space (which you most certainly wont get on the dancefloor). Plus the price of general admission tickets for FMIF is so much that it's almost a no-brainer to go VIP when you get your money back in value of drinks.

However I would stress that a table for 2 ppl is literally that: a table for 2. Small & intimate. 2 chairs.

I have no problem with "Table Service", and that is what it should be called. The letters VIP are in fact vulgar to most people in the UK, in the same way that nobody refers to themselves as "Posh". The whole VIP thing is really aimed at Russian / US / Middle East new money, where they somehow think money buys them class and importance (which it does in their said countries I suppose). 90% of the times in Pacha I'd spend on the dancefloor, but sometimes if its more social with a large mixed group of people (and I'm just on alcohol) then table service works....

However I would stress that a table for 2 ppl is literally that: a table for 2. Small & intimate. 2 chairs.

Totally don't think it is needed for two. I'd find it a bit weird in fact. As said above......only time I ever do Pacha "VIP" (Grrrrr those letters) is if with a mixed large group where some of them are just there to drink and chat (each to their own)....

Each to their own, but if I want a chat with someone I will go to a pub or restaurant.

I am lucky if I say two words to the Mrs or friends when in a club as I am too involved in the music. We make up for it at the afters though speaking absolute shite about the evening we just had.

People who go to a club for a 'chat' and sociable drink spoil it for others IMO.

People who go to a club for a 'chat' and sociable drink spoil it for others IMO.

also if you do this at the bar of the club? I sort of agree on your basic statement - a club is for dancing. but I do like the social aspect of clubbing and you inevitably meet up with people so what's wrong about having a chat? be it on the dancefloor, at the bar or - for those who want it - in the vip?

Remember all the old whicker chairs on the space terrace -lost of people having a sociable drink and a chat there. Many taking a breather and true there was plenty of dancing but that social aspect was a big part of it. And at the clips of the old Amnesia closings , so many people sitting and chatting. And these are the days you kinda hark back to dont you Dirk?

also if you do this at the bar of the club? I sort of agree on your basic statement - a club is for dancing. but I do like the social aspect of clubbing and you inevitably meet up with people so what's wrong about having a chat? be it on the dancefloor, at the bar or - for those who want it - in the vip?

The rooftop at Pacha, great for a breather and chat if required (I still never sit down) it is people that stand on the dance floor talking, walk around the club continuously in big groups or sit drinking and chatting, kills it and IMO not what it is about.

Back