Afterlife at Hï Ibiza 2018

I don't think it was helped by the fact Martin Garrix proceeded it at Ushuaïa - and ultimately a lot of those lost souls ended up inside Hï afterwards by proxy.

yeah, that's an acurate description of what I experienced, garrix fans standing in front of underground music, maybe even trying to like it but you could notice the effort it took them.

Others have said (me included, tons of times over the past decade), september does normally bring the best crowd to the island so again it is encouraging that a good few of you had a blinder on thu.

A part from a few openings in May/June and a short visit in July once, September and closing have always been the time I prefer for the very same reason so I am fully aware of this trend .

I wouldn‘t know why anyone would want afterlife to fail. in my case a few of the people running the ibiza event are actually friends of mine. but I‘m not shy to tell even them that this summer their event feels nothing like afterlife ibiza 2016 or 2017
Putting business and revenue aside, what feeling your friends that run the event have about this season of Afterlife?

I agree with you. As much as I loved Space I also went to some crap nights at Space and I felt last Thursday would comfortably sit amongst the better ones Space offered.
Where we were dancing most of the night, middle backish of main room facing the DJ there really wasn't much difference of what Discoteca was like (vip sections dimmed, dim lights generally, v loud).

One night doesn't fix everything I know but its a start.
Definitely with you on this one. We must have been in the proximity of each other as that was the spot we stayed on most of the night .Who knows? Maybe we were just lucky or maybe it was us and our friends that created that vibe :)

After the great experience i had last year at vista room with Ame and TOU, i am having a hard time to believe things have changed drastically. TOU musically are a hit or miss, even their die hard fans accept that but the vibes in that vista room last year was amazing, but it is impossible for them to go back now as that room will not be enough for them.

I don't see them at Amnesia, Pacha too small, DC-10 too Circoloco, and the big room at Privilege is too large for their sound. Are there any realistic options than hi?

yeah, that's an acurate description of what I experienced, garrix fans standing in front of underground music, maybe even trying to like it but you could notice the effort it took them.
I always wondered if that was one of the main reasons for the quality of attendees at Afterlife this season .
On a positive note, let's hope some of them have now been exposed to quality music and are now open to explore and embrace more the underground scene in order to preserve its longevity, after all we've all started somewhere.

Last edited:
All roads lead to pacha
Now that could be nice and there maybe something in that. I could see them in that environment. But, who moves in the Monday to Thursday line up? I won’t say Wednesday on here! I do wonder if TOU are a go and see once, flash in the pan and would therefore ultimately be suited to a longer term stay at hi. They strike me as Solomon lite and I think substance and following are the reasons. Money talks in the end. And it’s a short term business for in demand djs. Longevity isn’t something that most prioritise over the bigger short term pay day, such is the business. I also think ToU may have an eye on the amnesia terrace if they were to move

Last edited by a moderator:
@stivi do you think afterlife closing will close late like at privilege last year or 7am ?

the fact afterlife closing went until midday last year was only because the night turned into privilege's venue closing party at the same time for which, until last year on san antonio soil, a late license could be requested.

now at hï it isn't the venue closing event. in san josé they can still request this late closing license but AFAIK only for the actual venue closing. this makes me think it won't go as late. but then again they normally had 7-8 artists per afterlife event this summer and for the closing it's 11 and this does make me doubt they'll close at 7am.

the fact afterlife closing went until midday last year was only because the night turned into privilege's venue closing party at the same time for which, until last year on san antonio soil, a late license could be requested.

now at hï it isn't the venue closing event. in san josé they can still request this late closing license but AFAIK only for the actual venue closing. this makes me think it won't go as late. but then again they normally had 7-8 artists per afterlife event this summer and for the closing it's 11 and this does make me doubt they'll close at 7am.
Thanks...here's hoping it will close late, are you going?

Thursdays might be free
Now that could be nice and there maybe something in that. I could see them in that environment. But, who moves in the Monday to Thursday line up? I won’t say Wednesday on here! I do wonder if TOU are a go and see once, flash in the pan and would therefore ultimately be suited to a longer term stay at hi. They strike me as Solomon lite and I think substance and following are the reasons. Money talks in the end. And it’s a short term business for in demand djs. Longevity isn’t something that most prioritise over the bigger short term pay day, such is the business. I also think ToU may have an eye on the amnesia terrace if they were to move

I actually really wanted this night to work. When the line-ups got released this was easily the night I was most looking forward to. But on my experience of three visits, it fell well short of expectation. As somebody who never experienced Afterlife at either Space nor Vista, but has enjoyed their parties in London and elsewhere in Europe, this felt anticlimatic.
I don't think it was helped by the fact Martin Garrix proceeded it at Ushuaïa - and ultimately a lot of those lost souls ended up inside Hï afterwards by proxy.
I will likely be going at least twice more before the end of the season, so I genuinely hope there has been an improvement. I'm not holding my breath though.
Equally, I hope we see Afterlife elsewhere in 2019.

Possibly see you at the closing? What about you, @stivi ?

have just seen afterlife closing already opens at 10pm instead of the usual 11pm.

so I think it might go a little later than 7am but don't think 12 noon.
prove me wrong though.

@Ikoda will endeavour to get along this week to update the playlist. Dusky at Abode also, so I'm torn over which.

heading tomorrow night and first time at Hi so keeping an open mind..although the last few times i’ve seem TOU -space closing then subclub glasgow, there sets very disjointed but i’m finding that with Solomun these days also.. Maceo all night is the drawer for me, his recent track mutant robotic is quality

heading tomorrow night and first time at Hi so keeping an open mind..although the last few times i’ve seem TOU -space closing then subclub glasgow, there sets very disjointed but i’m finding that with Solomun these days also.. Maceo all night is the drawer for me, his recent track mutant robotic is quality

Proper peak time me tune

Back