Afterhours / Day Clubbing

Rafal said:
Thanks Ruth. I always think of Bora Bora as an after-after hours. Last time I was there was in September 2004 -- the very day before the music died! It was only the second day of our week long holiday so you can imagine how p*ssed off we were! Particularly as when we returned the next day we brought a gang of around 6 or 7 Ibiza virgins whom we bumped into on the beach and whom we knew from London. We told them that they would have an amazing time at Bora Bora and made them make the long trek -- only to be faced with the dire sight of a silent Bora Bora and clubbers sitting around looking lost! Here's me dancing in the last hours of that final, fateful day -- it's been two years and I'm dying to return:
http://www.spotlight-forums.com/member.php?u=10142

You definatley look the part there Rafel in Bora Bora!! shake it babe!!;)

fatphilb said:
I named my rabbit after Bobby Brown when I was 7.

He got his leg chopped off in a front-door/back-door draught disaster
Let me guess - and he was unable to do the dance routine from the video for 'Every Little Step' from that day forth?

Dr Mick said:
Let me guess - and he was unable to do the dance routine from the video for 'Every Little Step' from that day forth?
I'm trying to imagine a rabbit standing/dancing amongst Ronny, Johnny, Mickey and Mike, but it's just not working :lol:

We need Chewie and his photoshop magic...

First time to Ibiza this year, and my flight arrives at 11.45am on Wednesday 28th July (In bed opening party) Was just wondering if you guys think It will be worth going to Space the day I arrive for the opening party, as im staying at Jet and ive heard that it isnt that far from Space. What time would you expect it to get busy on the opening? Im guessing by the time i get off the place and check into Jet it will be about 2pm?? Not to sure how long it takes... Also what time does In Bed With Space and Whats Up Close?

Comming all the way from Australia for this, and not to sure what to expect. Just cant wait to get there

Thanks heaps!!!

Marco

Marco006 said:
First time to Ibiza this year, and my flight arrives at 11.45am on Wednesday 28th July (In bed opening party) Was just wondering if you guys think It will be worth going to Space the day I arrive for the opening party, as im staying at Jet and ive heard that it isnt that far from Space. What time would you expect it to get busy on the opening? Im guessing by the time i get off the place and check into Jet it will be about 2pm?? Not to sure how long it takes... Also what time does In Bed With Space and Whats Up Close?
Hi Marco,

Space is very close to Jet - about 10 minutes' stroll.

In Bed with Space is not an unmissable gig, tho it is perfectly pleasant. It's more of a nice fluffy after party if you've been hard at it the night before.

It's gay-ish and the music is soulful house, probably with a live PA or two and some other live elements. I'd say it would peak from 11-midday and close around 2pm.

The discoteca (inside Space) at What's Up? would probably close at around 10 or 11am, when the terrace gets going. That would probably finish around 2pm too.

Thursdays is the La Troya afterparty Fake, which is v. gay and likely to be much busier and go later than What's Up? or In Bed.

Dc10 have moved their opening time on Monday morning forward to 8am. Last year it got very busy in August from midday on.

In 2005 Space was very busy with several thousand arriving on Saturday mornings for Matinee. It peaked around 2-3pm.

Sunday there was a bit of a bump before midday, but it got busy from 4pm-ish and peaked from 10pm till midnight.

Tuesday Manumission's Carry On got a few hundred inside from 9am on, but peaked after 10am when the sunset terrace opened.

In Bed With Space on Wednesday got some on the terrace from 11am-ish on.

La Troya's after party, Fake, became averagely busy from 10am when the terrace opened.

What's Up? got quite a few inside the discoteca at around 8am - 9am, but not so many when the terrace opened.

Bora Bora is usually busy when Space is.

2mmik4m.gif

He's more of a Cyclops really - with his big shiny Pentax lens eye in the middle of his face at any given time :lol::lol::lol:

I think you might have me mistaken for somebody else. My photographic equipment is normally quite modest in size. My current model fits into my pocket, which is nice.

:eek::eek:

Hey grego, hey everybody else,

I lurk occasionally when old threads I've contributed to are exhumed.

:D:D

you lurk 24/7 on the off-chance they will be exhumed or do you have a subscription to your old threads which activates an email when they resume?

[No joke - I know people who do this]

Back