Afraid been turned down at Berghain?

Not sure that lad will make it through in his Adidas hoody?
Looks like bum bags are key - just get a bumbag and a black vest and you should be ok.

Never had a problem at Tresor, Watergate or Suicide Circus to name but a few - but the queues have always been massive at Berghain so we haven't given it a go. Definitely on the list for next time.

Aside from the well known clubs, I went to the Perlon party in February with Zip & Akufen on the old boat Hoppetosse - it was fantastic. We got in about 1am and partied until sunrise and then some. Such a great vibe, with great music and there was a special atmosphere as the sun came up over the river. They usually do the Perlon parties at Panorama Bar but there is a festival on in February so they usually switch to the boat. Honestly a must if you are in Berlin next time they do it. We did notice a lot got turned away and the queue was long in the freezing conditions but once we got to the front, we kept quiet and we were fine.

Once you were on the boat, it was very lax. Anything goes kind of attitude with loads of places to powder the nose.

ps. A little story about Suicide circus when we were there... Scottish techno dj Frazier was playing (on pan pots label). Some bloke came into the booth and told him there was a change in the programming and it was time to wrap up. He had never played there before, didn't really know the local djs playing before or after him and this bloke was carrying his usb sticks/headphones ready to jump on so he duly obligsed.. Next thing this guy takes to the decks and started to play some truly awful drum and bass and dubstep. Turned out he was an imposter and after about 10 minutes the promoters realised and he was booted off. Very amusing, not so at the time as this idiot really killed the vibe.

this is a brilliantly written article about Berghain - 1000x more interesting that your usual club reviews

http://www.thewhitereview.org/feature/really-techno/

Really good article. Still not sure I could be arsed looking for the place and standing in a queue with (probably) a less than 50% of getting in, then not knowing why I didn't get in. A night out should be easy, not a constant worry if you're going to get past bouncers. I'm not a masochist. Ibiza might have its issues, but I've never not been let in a place or chucked out a place for that matter. The one time I thought i'd taken it too far, i did the right thing and left before I could be thrown out. :lol: If a place sticks to its guns music/atmosphere-wise and charges a reasonable entry fee, then that should keep the atmosphere right...

Really good article. Still not sure I could be arsed looking for the place and standing in a queue with (probably) a less than 50% of getting in, then not knowing why I didn't get in. A night out should be easy, not a constant worry if you're going to get past bouncers. I'm not a masochist. Ibiza might have its issues, but I've never not been let in a place or chucked out a place for that matter. The one time I thought i'd taken it too far, i did the right thing and left before I could be thrown out. :lol: If a place sticks to its guns music/atmosphere-wise and charges a reasonable entry fee, then that should keep the atmosphere right...
Sunday mornings appeal to me more than queing for hours on a saturday night

We queued for an hour first time going to body&soul in nyc in its prime,got in and then realized that they didn't sell alcohol.. what a nightmare

Sunday mornings appeal to me more than queing for hours on a saturday night

That's when I've always gone apart from the second or third time. Late morning Sunday had a tiny handful in the q or even none at all. Straight in.

Late morning Sunday had a tiny handful in the q or even none at all. Straight in.

What counts as "late morning Sunday" and what's the scene like at that hour?

A friend recently moved from London to Berlin and has suggested I visit so he can show me around the city. I think he'd be up for Berghain scene but not for a massive queue laced with uncertainty, so Sunday morning might be something that we could make work for both of us.

What counts as "late morning Sunday" and what's the scene like at that hour?

For me about 11am - 11.30am. Remember party goes on till about midnight / 3am Monday in main room and daylight hours Monday in Pano Bar. People come and go all the time so you get a dynamic crowd all times of the weekend.

Happy Fistmas party in December is a got time to go..a tight squeeze at back door..:eek:

:lol::lol::lol::spank:

I walked past at 1 in the afternoon in February and the queue was probably 200 long. My friends in Berlin who go regularly suggest 11am as stated above. People still get turned away but it's said you have more of a chance than peak times.

Back