Afraid been turned down at Berghain?

I'll be heading to Berlin in December. Any tips for getting in there and can the queue really be 3 hours long?

yes the queue can be VERY long. it's normally very short if you try on sunday early morning.

tips, but never ever a guarantee of getting in:
- check the line up so you know who's playing. often they ask you who you want to go to see. speaking german (or at least a few words) helps.
- don't go dressed up to the nines.
- don't go wasted.
- don't take selfies in the queue.

thing is, with berghain there's never a guarantee you get in. I have friends that live in berlin and it's always a bit of a lottery whether you get in or not. I've always been lucky so far myself, but I'm almost convinced that one day I'll get the 'not today' too.

I'll be heading to Berlin in December. Any tips for getting in there and can the queue really be 3 hours long?

I've been to Berghain, well waited in line for 2 hours and then got knocked back. I wrote a review on here of my observations, I'll look it out and post it for you, hopefully give you a bit of insight.

I have heard that turning up with a frozen shit in a tupperware should see you inside no problem.

Wear lots of black, look nonchalant and don't speak English in the queue (or talk loudly). As Stivi says, speaking a bit of German definitely helps.

It's also much easier to get in from Sunday morning onwards, once all the tourists have gone! It's also more fun then too... :twisted:

I have heard that turning up with a frozen shit in a tupperware should see you inside no problem.
:D

I couldn't be bothered checking my cool bag into the cloakroom so I'll just take my chances with a polite; "Guten tag".

I went at 4pm Sunday no queue and walked straight in with the mrs. Like Stivi said though pure luck from what I can tell

yes the queue can be VERY long. it's normally very short if you try on sunday early morning.

tips, but never ever a guarantee of getting in:
- check the line up so you know who's playing. often they ask you who you want to go to see. speaking german (or at least a few words) helps.
- don't go dressed up to the nines.
- don't go wasted.
- don't take selfies in the queue.

thing is, with berghain there's never a guarantee you get in. I have friends that live in berlin and it's always a bit of a lottery whether you get in or not. I've always been lucky so far myself, but I'm almost convinced that one day I'll get the 'not today' too.
Cheers for the tips. I never really dress up unless it's a big occasion and i don't think I've ever took a selfie in my life so at least I've got that on my side!

It sounds like a risk buts it's a risk I'd be willing to take. Sounds like Sunday's the best bet then, it's worth a try anyway if it's as good as I've heard. Besides, getting turned away from Berghain would beat getting turn away from somewhere in Manchester!

I've been to Berghain, well waited in line for 2 hours and then got knocked back. I wrote a review on here of my observations, I'll look it out and post it for you, hopefully give you a bit of insight.

I'd appreciate that mate. If i do try it and don't get in then at least I know I'm not the only one.

-Bouncer dont like big group & couples
-Speaking german +
-Black clothes +
-As stivi said knowing who is playing

Cheers for the tips. I never really dress up unless it's a big occasion and i don't think I've ever took a selfie in my life so at least I've got that on my side!

It sounds like a risk buts it's a risk I'd be willing to take. Sounds like Sunday's the best bet then, it's worth a try anyway if it's as good as I've heard. Besides, getting turned away from Berghain would beat getting turn away from somewhere in Manchester!

I'd appreciate that mate. If i do try it and don't get in then at least I know I'm not the only one.

Yeah don't take it personally, they turn away heaps of people.

Thankfully I never got turned away at the main door. All the above is all you can do basically, just relax and be yourself. I've pretty much always gone in on a Sunday mid to late morning after getting the first red-eye over and droping bag into a hotel nearby (DDR Hostel round the corner last few times). There's absolutely no way I'd bother trying to go on a Saturday night & it's way more fun the next day.

If you are male on your own or an all-male party and get knocked back you can get an admission stamp valid for admission/re-admission to both clubs that weekend by going into the Lab:Oratory round the side first for a couple of drinks, just make sure you know the party theme on that night, be quiet & reserved in line and don't smell of cologne I gather they like it raw in there :confused: ! http://www.lab-oratory.de/dates/

Just be aware that as you can see from their site it's a pretty hardcore gay club with full-on sex, nudity and depending on the party every sort of depravity (truly) so if you aren't "open-minded" enough (or don't have the stomach to be exposed to that up close) it's probably best to just find somewhere else.

I saw Bouncer asked the guy who is playing @watergate...
Also lots of people refuse to enter by Bouncer @club ipse...
Berlin clubs and techno culture is very very good but all clubs not only berghain have a different door policy...if Bouncer think you are not fit with club/music they dont let you in...

Thankfully I never got turned away at the main door. All the above is all you can do basically, just relax and be yourself. I've pretty much always gone in on a Sunday mid to late morning after getting the first red-eye over and droping bag into a hotel nearby (DDR Hostel round the corner last few times). There's absolutely no way I'd bother trying to go on a Saturday night & it's way more fun the next day.

If you are male on your own or an all-male party and get knocked back you can get an admission stamp valid for admission/re-admission to both clubs that weekend by going into the Lab:Oratory round the side first for a couple of drinks, just make sure you know the party theme on that night, be quiet & reserved in line and don't smell of cologne I gather they like it raw in there :confused: ! http://www.lab-oratory.de/dates/

Just be aware that as you can see from their site it's a pretty hardcore gay club with full-on sex, nudity and depending on the party every sort of depravity (truly) so if you aren't "open-minded" enough (or don't have the stomach to be exposed to that up close) it's probably best to just find somewhere else.

I can imagine that "lost and found" email contact is a full time job?

I can imagine that "lost and found" email contact is a full time job?

Hardly dare imagine the list...

Lost - 1 Gimp, 1m80, 85kg squeals to the name of Fritz

Found - Tupperware container containing string of anal beads and turd, 12.5cm x 4cm, pale brown with sweetcorn remnants

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I like the idea of weening out the casuals who are there just to take selfies of the club by asking questions on the djs etc. . Refreshing to see.

I wonder what would happen in England if a club wouldnt let you in because your not speaking English...fair play to zee germans

glad you had a good time, as i said anywhere with a ridiculous door policy ive zero interest in

A more ridiculous door policy to me is selling presale tickets to anyone waving 70 Euros at a ticket seller and winding up with a club full of aggressive coked-up roidys ... it depends what floats your boat ;)

I like the idea of weening out the casuals who are there just to take selfies of the club by asking questions on the djs etc. . Refreshing to see.

I wonder what would happen in England if a club wouldnt let you in because your not speaking English...fair play to zee germans

I totally agree , as a german speaking , underground techno fan i still dont make the cut the couple times ive tried. It does annoy me those time for like 4 mins but you always have a plan C,D,E. Berlin has something golden in this current times so i dont blame them for being abit harsh on trying to hold on to it.they did start as a hard underground gay venue that has become the most famous club in the world.

Back