Advice when staying at San An Bay .. Please

T

telboy_uk

Hi all..
I have never been to Ibiza before .. well not if you discount a week in Portinax some years ago .. Having seperated from wife, I am taking my kids 15 and 14 to San Antonio on 27th July. I actually booked in San Antonio Bay coz I was not sure it was a good idea to be right in the middle of everything on a first trip .. Anyway .. the kids being teenagers ... and me being a born again clubber ... would like to see some of the club life.. so (after all that waffle) to get to the point.

Can anyone tell me if there are any clubs I can get them in. I expect the main ones like M and Eden etc wont allow it)

Does anyone know of any way to get back from San an centre to San An bay late at night/morning (travel agent said its a short walk but I am synical abouit that :).

Does anyone know of any good clubs/places/showbars/ etc etc in San An Bay worth taking a look . Kids are old enough and big enough not to be pampered by steering away from adult bars etc..

Will obviously enjoy finding a lot out for ourselves ... but its always good to have insider knowl;edge before going

cheers

I think if you are all going to go clubbing together then its just taking the chance to see if you all get in :confused:
Dont know if its accepted that if you accompany them as their parent maybe they will let you all in :?: Anyone know anything on this :?:
Generally the bars/Clubs in the West end are sufficent for that age group, this is just my opinion, Im not a parent myself so, its up to you.
Dont know if this is of any help to you but Im sure there will be some more input from the rest of the crew here ;)

Ah!! ... I think that is the info I was looking for ... yes it has not got to be the main BIG clubs .. if there are plenty other smaller bars/clubs then thats fine ... (showing my naivity of Ibiza here lol)
Thanks ..

telboy_uk said:
Hi all..
I have never been to Ibiza before .. well not if you discount a week in Portinax some years ago .. Having seperated from wife, I am taking my kids 15 and 14 to San Antonio on 27th July. I actually booked in San Antonio Bay coz I was not sure it was a good idea to be right in the middle of everything on a first trip .. Anyway .. the kids being teenagers ... and me being a born again clubber ... would like to see some of the club life.. so (after all that waffle) to get to the point.

Can anyone tell me if there are any clubs I can get them in. I expect the main ones like M and Eden etc wont allow it)

Does anyone know of any way to get back from San an centre to San An bay late at night/morning (travel agent said its a short walk but I am synical abouit that :).

Does anyone know of any good clubs/places/showbars/ etc etc in San An Bay worth taking a look . Kids are old enough and big enough not to be pampered by steering away from adult bars etc..

Will obviously enjoy finding a lot out for ourselves ... but its always good to have insider knowl;edge before going

cheers

I know quite a few people in your situation who are born again clubbers but have children. I have younger children so it's not an issue for me yet!
Here is my advice

1. I think it is unlikely you will get them in any of the big clubs & maybe not wise to do so. A friend of mine tried to get his son of 14 in Eden last year and they would not allow it. It may not be wise anyway because as I'm sure you are aware drugs are prevelant in the clubs and you may see people in messed up states that you would not want your kids to see.

2. The 'free' clubs in San An such as Nightlife,Play 2 etc in the West End will probably let ur kids in early ie 11ish. But these are not really proper clubs & they revolve more round the West End drinking culture. But play 2 do have some big name DJ's on.

3. Bars are not an issue they let in anyone. Check out Sunset strip you and the children will enjoy that and it livens up late. All the bars play good tunes.

4. Don't be fooled the bay is a bit of a trek to the center of San An. It depends how far round you are. It can be 1/2 hour walk. But all is not lost there is a regular water taxi which is very cheap & runs most hours. Ask your rep.

Hope the info helps you. I might see you there I'm out for 2 weeks on 20th July.

If you want any more info post away, I've been going to San An for 15 years.

EL CANO said:
I know quite a few people in your situation who are born again clubbers but have children. I have younger children so it's not an issue for me yet!
Here is my advice

1. I think it is unlikely you will get them in any of the big clubs & maybe not wise to do so. A friend of mine tried to get his son of 14 in Eden last year and they would not allow it. It may not be wise anyway because as I'm sure you are aware drugs are prevelant in the clubs and you may see people in messed up states that you would not want your kids to see.

2. The 'free' clubs in San An such as Nightlife,Play 2 etc in the West End will probably let ur kids in early ie 11ish. But these are not really proper clubs & they revolve more round the West End drinking culture. But play 2 do have some big name DJ's on.

3. Bars are not an issue they let in anyone. Check out Sunset strip you and the children will enjoy that and it livens up late. All the bars play good tunes.

4. Don't be fooled the bay is a bit of a trek to the center of San An. It depends how far round you are. It can be 1/2 hour walk. But all is not lost there is a regular water taxi which is very cheap & runs most hours. Ask your rep.

Hope the info helps you. I might see you there I'm out for 2 weeks on 20th July.

If you want any more info post away, I've been going to San An for 15 years.

Thanks very much for that info .. Have a great time out there!!

Definatly head for the strip, the pre parties are free to everyone and with the big name DJs on (Sanchez at Mambo is a must) it's the closest you will get to the big club experiance.
I stayed in the bay last year and it was a good 45 min walk to San An, but the water taxi is reliable, quick and cheap. However, last trip is about 11.30 I think. You could be at the start of the bay, which would give you a 5 min walk, but you could be a lot further round than I was too.
Whatever happens you'll have a good one.

Back