Advice please....

PrincessBeni

Hi All,

My husband and i are seriously considering a move to the Benidorm area. We both really love the place and have discussed buying a holiday home previously, but now we have something more permanent in mind. I'm late 20's and he is early 30's, i have a good job in management and he runs his own business. We don't really need my money, it's just an added bonus as he can more than support the two of us. We are thinking of starting a family and i just can't see a bright future for children here in the UK anymore.

Our plan is to buy a place in Spain this year, make sure it is suitable as a 'proper' home and then start trying for a baby. My husband will keep his business here in the UK and we will keep our UK home, as it's fully paid for. I will live in Spain on a permanent basis and my husband will commute - spending 5 days with me, 9 days at work in the UK. We have discussed it with our parents and they too feel it could work and are positive on the whole.

The long term plan is to look for suitable business opportunities/investments on the Costa Blanca and hopefully we can turn our backs on the UK once and for all. But for the meantime, the money my husband makes is too good to give up and would afford us a fantastic lifestyle in Spain. We have visited the Benidorm area twice a year for the past ten years and my parents do an annual longstay there in the winter, so we have a good feel and knowledge on the area.

What do you all think? We are looking for any advice anyone can give us - however irrelevant it may seem, we still want to hear it.

So, thank you in anticipation. ;)

:D You go girl. Lets face it england isnt that great anymore if it ever was. My father in law moved out there 6 yrs ago when he retired. He takes spanish lessons once a week in the old town and hasnt looked back. 2 hrs on a plane is nothing concidering it takes longer to get to london or scotland. Im getting married out there in june and plan, when we retire to move out there. I wont be living here struggling to keep up with the endless expenses. I think ;) go 4 it and good luck:D .

Thanks for the encouragement JCollins3 ;)

The more we talk about it, the more we feel it's the right thing to do.

Good luck with your wedding plans - are you actually having the ceremony out there? If so, is it church based or a Civil Ceremony? :D

pb. i really don't think you need advice. you have a plan, you've got your head screwed on right and you know where you're going. i don't foresee any major obstacles or drawbacks as one who has already made the move.

good luck, though i don't think you'll need it.

I tryed to get a church but unless your catholic not much joy really. So its civil. But we are treating it as the real thing weve booked in at the el monti boli in villa joyosa and having a reception and disco for around 30 of us, so it should be small and intimate. We are having a reg off do the day before we fly out but only witnesses there. Thanks for asking.

stephen said:
pb. i really don't think you need advice. you have a plan, you've got your head screwed on right and you know where you're going. i don't foresee any major obstacles or drawbacks as one who has already made the move.

good luck, though i don't think you'll need it.

Thanks Stephen! :D

Very kind words of yours ;)

I hope you're right :confused: Any advice is greatly appreciated still 8)

jcollins3 said:
I tryed to get a church but unless your catholic not much joy really. So its civil. But we are treating it as the real thing weve booked in at the el monti boli in villa joyosa and having a reception and disco for around 30 of us, so it should be small and intimate. We are having a reg off do the day before we fly out but only witnesses there. Thanks for asking.

It all sounds lovely :D

My sister got married in Rome (Yes, we are Catholics! :lol: ) over 10 years ago and like you they had to have a Reg off ceremony here just before they flew, but they treated the wedding in Italy as the 'Real' one and use that date as their Wedding Anniversary.

Good luck with everything and keep us informed on how it's all going ;)

Does anyone know if there is much in the way of accounts work in Ibiza and would you have to be fluent in Spanish?Im currently trying to teach myself some...:)

Back