Advice for Ibiza Virgins.

jvb777

Hey Party People!

My fiancé and I are Ibiza virgins heading to the island next year and looking for help planning our trip. A little bit about us:

-We love house music but are open to a bit of tech house and techno in the later hours.

-We’ll be there for 5 days in early September, flying in on a Saturday and leave on the following Thurs, planning 2-3 nights out.

So, a few questions for you people in the know;

Where are the best places for pre drinks and then party afterwards?

From research I’ve done so far I’m thinking pre drinks at Cafe Mambo or Cafe del Mar to watch the sunset then off to Pacha one night and Amnesia another night.

What nights are best at Pacha and Amnesia?

Any other suggestions for superclubs? Ushuaia looks good and I hear good things about DC-10 but I’m leaning towards Pacha and Amnesia because they are iconic!

Also, are VIP tickets worth it and what kind of price range will we be looking at?

Where would you guys recommend to stay on the island and why?

What are the hidden clubbing gems in Ibiza that tourists often miss? Any intimate club nights?

Anything else you think might be helpful to know?

Thanks for reading, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hey - Welcome to the forum

Pre-drinks
Cafe Mambo is a great place for a pre drink - It is usually what I do myself and I have been to Ibiza plenty of times it never gets boring that. When Mambo's starts the music up after the sun sets it really gets you in the mood.

Best nights out is subjective but based on your taste in music then...

Amnesia - Elrow (I don't like Elrow but its the only night worth going to for Amnesia)
Sunday - Octan
Tuesday - Resistance
Wednesday - DC10 Paradise

As newbies I think you will find most nights very good you can't really go wrong if you decide otherwise on my suggestions.

I would also recommend staying in San an (Not the port side)

I have a youtube channel - 'Life of Rye' if you want to check it out with vlogs on my travels to Ibiza

Hey - Welcome to the forum

Pre-drinks
Cafe Mambo is a great place for a pre drink - It is usually what I do myself and I have been to Ibiza plenty of times it never gets boring that. When Mambo's starts the music up after the sun sets it really gets you in the mood.

Best nights out is subjective but based on your taste in music then...

Amnesia - Elrow (I don't like Elrow but its the only night worth going to for Amnesia)
Sunday - Octan
Tuesday - Resistance
Wednesday - DC10 Paradise

As newbies I think you will find most nights very good you can't really go wrong if you decide otherwise on my suggestions.

I would also recommend staying in San an (Not the port side)

I have a youtube channel - 'Life of Rye' if you want to check it out with vlogs on my travels to Ibiza

Holy shit!

Is that you?

Step aside Monty Don, I think I've got a new man crush ? ?

Good vids mate ?

I can give you some advice based on travelling with my partner to Ibiza twice (and returning for a 3rd time this summer).

Staying in Ibiza town/Playa d'en Bossa is generally more expensive, possibly more authentic and closer to some big clubs - specifically Hi, Ushuaia and Pacha. There are HUGE beaches right at your doorstep spanning from Figueretes beach that originates in Ibiza town to Playa d'en Bossa (Ushuaia). There is also Las Salinas which is only reachable by car/bus. These beaches are central, busy and entertaining with many promoters/good vibes along them. Regardless of where you stay, you must make at least a half-day available to explore D'alt Villa and Ibiza town.

San Antonio is on the other side of the island - generally cheaper, more "British" and closer to smaller and more rustic beaches (Cala Comte, Cala Salada) while closer to Amnesia and Privilege. The other plus in San Antonio is the sunset views. My advice for this is to not care so much about actually being seated at Cafe Mambo, but walking down the path/along the rocks and finding a spot to chill and have a glass of wine/beer on your own. There are street performers that appear as the sun is setting and much more chill vibes than those found inside the "sunset bars" that you mentioned.

With respect to clubs (without knowing about your stamina and music interests) I would recommend 1 day party at Ushuaia and 2 nights out at the super clubs TBD. This really needs to be decided closer to when you are visiting as the line-ups and your music taste will determine where you will have the most fun. The reason I recommend Ushuaia is because the party vibe there is unlike anywhere else in the world, albeit mainstream, and for a first time visit it is a MUST.

For food- there are tons of places everywhere for all type of budgets. I have my own personal favourites from my limited experience but obviously I am not an authority. My advice - plan a few strategic places for day time meals and then book a couple of nice restaurants on your non-clubbing nights for a romantic date night kind of thing. This forum/tripadvisor is a good resource to figure out what you want.

My final thoughts are to just be mindful of the experience. Ibiza is running on a special schedule and from the moment the plane touches down you will realize you are in a different world. Don't get caught up on having to go to the best party/club/event every night. It is a tourist trap for unwitting travellers so be careful. It is a marathon not a sprint. You should be absolutely exhausted by the time you get to the airport on your last day. I hope some of this was helpful, good luck and enjoy!

Thanks for the info Rye! I will do some more research into those nights and check out your channel!

Hey, thanks for the detailed reply! Really good location & accommodation info in there. Will definitely explore Ibiza town and the Villa on one of the days we’re not partying. And will remember what you said about a chilled out alternative to being front and center cafe Mambo- I did notice it gets pretty packed. Have considered more chilled out options for pre drinks like Nikki Beach.

Yeah, Ushuaïa looks insane! I definitely wanna check it out! And I agree your right about not over planning and going with the status quo, I will be leaving room in the trip to be spontaneous and just go with the flow!

Back