advice for 1st timers.

R

randle

just a couple of things we would like help with: -

1, we are going this summer but are all 17. whats it like for getting in places and that? been clubbing in the costa del sol since i was 14 so it hasn't been a problem in the past. are the 7 big uns stricter than the music bars etc... :oops:

2, whats the price of drink like in supermarkets? :lol:

3, is it worth going to one of the big 7 every night? :?:

4, we are going early july and want to know what the prices are like then, entrance fees et al. :eek:

5, is there anywhere worth keeping well clear of? hotels beaches bars or anything like that. :x

any info would be great thanx. :D

hi,

at 17 you will have no problem gettin in anywhere, as long as you are willing to pay their money, they will let you in....

the price of drink in supermarkets is inexpensive compared to bars etc....

its definately worth going to one of the big 7 every night, if you have the funds to do it.....as every night there is a good night on...

i have never been in early july, but i should imagine the prices to 30 - 40 euros for entrance fee.........

as i don't want to start a massive argument off, then i would say go every where, don't just stick to the confinds of your hotel.....

I would echo all of the above, but I'm quite happy to start an argument and say avoid the west end, it's shite.

once again i have to come on here to say if you you think something is good tell us why, if you think it's 'shite' then please tell us why. interestingly people all over the world have different opinions - what is good for one is bad for another - so please try and think what you would like to know about a place before just saying brill or crap.

Most club admissions in first 2 weeks of last july were around Euro40-45

You will definitely not have a problem getting into clubs.
As well as the entrance fee remember that the drinks are also expensive. Pacha inparticular.
I would say to get out as much as possible. After all you are only there for 7 days. Despite many people's opinion on the west end, the drinks are cheap and no entrance fees to the clubs. It's worth a visit for a laugh if nothing else.

I don't like the West End cos I don't like fighting or stepping in vomit. Sorry there was no explanation earlier.

I don't like the West End cos I don't like fighting or stepping in vomit. Sorry there was no explanation earlier.

lol.....I couldnt agree more!!

at last we have someone talking sense, and it happens to be a new member........recently some of the new members love the west end..what fools hehehehe!!! well thats there opinon, and they are entitled to it as much as the next man or women...

The west end is definately a shit hole that there is no doubt, but like YvonneH said if you're staying in San An are short of money and want a few drinks for cheaper prices than anywhere else then the west end is fine for a night or two. It's certainly not worth visiting though if you aren't staying in San An! It's something that has to be tried once, some people like it some don't but you don't know until you've been there!

Personally I wouldn't visit it any more than twice in a 2 week holiday.

But wouldn't people go to the west end before they went to a big Club???

Sorry of this sounds stupid, But I haven't been to Ibiza before

I went Kavos last year and the West End sounds exactly like it was in Kavos, Can anyone tell me if thats so???If you've been both places

the west end is a small street of bars and free clubs in san antonio, where the ber is cheap, the crowd is younger and up for it in a different way....

some people do go to the west end before, but they normally end up falling over in the clubs and sleeping in the clubs....which can be very, very , very anoing

Liam u can got he west end before you go the clubs, i did a couple of times last year, but usually its best to do either one or the other. Like last year if i was going a big club I'd either have some drink in the room or the hotel bar before I went out, or I'd go one of the less rowdy bars like Bar M, Itaca etc along the bay.

It is possible to have a cracking night out in the west end though, some good small clubs and cheap drink, and if you've come Ibiza to try and pull loads then the west end is the best place to go for that!

I definitely agree that the west end is a no no!
You don't have to go there before the big clubs, you can go to sunset bars where the music is pretty funky most of the time and they have lovely views!

I always avoid the west end.... :!:

Cheeky said:
you can go to sunset bars where the music is pretty funky most of the time and they have lovely views!

I always avoid the west end.... :!:

i would say that lovely views is an understatement hehehehe!! try unbelievable views.......hehehehe!!!

I would say that the West End is even worse than a lot of the other 18-30 style resorts in europe eg Las Americas or Malia in Crete. Thankfully I have avoided it completely on my last few visits

Back