ADE 2021

Elrow production at ADE was amazing though. Great theme and a surprising light effect when they turned the icy world into a red Circoloco-like environment later in the night. Also, a whole team from Spain with stilt walkers and huge puppets...four confetti spreading points in the room. I've been to Elrow shows all over the world (obviously) and this ADE show was like a Amnesia show for me. I agree that Barcelona is a whole different story, that venue and vibe. Can't wait for it to re-open..

About ADE as a whole, had a blast...
After Maceo in the Loft we went to Loveland x Paradise with Jamie Jones b2b Joseph Capriati, what a set. Loco Dice before them was better than I expected too. Loveland production and sound quality was amazing.

ADE 2022 is planned from 19-23 October...but since the last editions we can count the Monday as an additional day since there are many cool afters like Slapfunk or Loft.

Has capraiti completely given up on techno then? Hes been borderline a tech house dj for a while now but seems lately hes gone full on with his tech house stuff. Doing sets with bibi etc.

Has capraiti completely given up on techno then? Hes been borderline a tech house dj for a while now but seems lately hes gone full on with his tech house stuff. Doing sets with bibi etc.
Yes I thought that, ugh... I think it depends also at awakening he played banging techno with joris

I went into the outlaying areas of ade by accident… We had a family weekend in Amsterdam and didn‘t realized that ade was. Anyway, on Friday evening, when the kids stayed in the hotel, my wife and I went out and found a vocal house session by surprise… vocal house is not my favorite (it is more the music way if my wife) but loud music and dancing after the whole corona period was great.
But the best was the next! In the afternoon the kids had a break and stayed again in the hotel, we found a recordstore and in the basement was a small but great ade party. Really good vibes and straight hard techno - 140 bpm plus… also really not my core business, especially not of my wife, but we absolutely happy danced for two hours before we went back to family life…
My first and great contact with ade….

I went into the outlaying areas of ade by accident… We had a family weekend in Amsterdam and didn‘t realized that ade was. Anyway, on Friday evening, when the kids stayed in the hotel, my wife and I went out and found a vocal house session by surprise… vocal house is not my favorite (it is more the music way if my wife) but loud music and dancing after the whole corona period was great.
But the best was the next! In the afternoon the kids had a break and stayed again in the hotel, we found a recordstore and in the basement was a small but great ade party. Really good vibes and straight hard techno - 140 bpm plus… also really not my core business, especially not of my wife, but we absolutely happy danced for two hours before we went back to family life…
My first and great contact with ade….
'Mum, Dad - where have you been?' nowhere 😁

Think I will do ade next October looks amazing, the loft with tale of us, adriatique looks incredible, how do you get tickets for those is it hard?
In 2019 it was very hard, but nothing is impossible. Lots of people change their plans during ADE last minute, especially with those morning afters...they party too hard the night before and sell their tickets on ticket swap so you should be constantly aware of alerts if you don't catch them in the first place.

This year was relatively easy...some tickets were refunded (probably because people weren't able to travel) and sold a few hours before the events as extra tickets so also keep an eye on instagram pages A'dam Tower, Shelter and The Loft and you'll be able to grab tickets for at least one of the events I guess.

The 2022 edition should be with nighttime events again too, so even more to chose from.

Elrow production at ADE was amazing though. Great theme and a surprising light effect when they turned the icy world into a red Circoloco-like environment later in the night. Also, a whole team from Spain with stilt walkers and huge puppets...four confetti spreading points in the room. I've been to Elrow shows all over the world (obviously) and this ADE show was like a Amnesia show for me. I agree that Barcelona is a whole different story, that venue and vibe. Can't wait for it to re-open..

About ADE as a whole, had a blast...
After Maceo in the Loft we went to Loveland x Paradise with Jamie Jones b2b Joseph Capriati, what a set. Loco Dice before them was better than I expected too. Loveland production and sound quality was amazing.

ADE 2022 is planned from 19-23 October...but since the last editions we can count the Monday as an additional day since there are many cool afters like Slapfunk or Loft.
Production looked nowhere near as good as Amnesia / Space.

Last edited:
Report from ADE:

Incredible, basically.

Drumcode / Gashouder: well, the production at GH is insane, as everyone knows. Sets were great, although Adam / Ida weren't the best sets - Webbha, ANNA & Layton Giordani were amazing.

Mystic Garden / Dockyard - wow. That was something else, it was hilarious and wonderful all at the same time. Mainly stayed in the melodic space this time, with fire dancers, stilt walkers, giant mushrooms, etc etc

Pan Pot / Loveland - Warehouse Houthavens - incredibly loud, incredibly banging. As per the other post re the Loft, take earplugs, otherwise you will die. Very industrial but a very good vibe.

Testing - daily, 1 minute walk from our apartment, straight in, results after 15-30 minutes, all free, all very straightforward.

Amazing food, amazing friendly people, amazing vibe - even better due to the difficulty getting there and into events; space to dance in most places, and people almost in tears at being able to party.

We will definitely be going next year, and trying even more varied events.

Little bit over 1000 registered Covid infections at ADE at 83 of the >350 parties.
That's about 0.29% but Dutch media choose to highlight this today as if it is a shocking thing.

New restrictions coming to the Netherlands tonight. Enjoy your parties while it lasts everyone, wherever you are!

Back