ADE 2021

FlatErik

Didn't see a thread about it yet and since we now know more about how ADE 2021 is looking....thought I'd share some info here and I'm interested if any of you are going and if so, which events? :)

In short ADE 2021 festival is happening, but the conference is scrapped. This is probably because all the parties have moved to daytime because of the current government rules. Nightclubs can open, but not at night 🤣 So the last few days all big promotors have changed their events to day/evening time. Also due to capacity restrictions (75% max cap) some events have moved to different venues or extra events have been scheduled.
Most events are now taking place from around 16:00 till midnight. Everything between 00:00 and 06:00 is forbidden so expect some illegal afterparties between midnight and 06:00 and legal breakfast club / after parties starting again from 06:00 in the morning. It's gonna be a strange weekend this year o_O Also EU vaccination QR codes work...but if you're not from the EU you'll need to get tested every 24 hours to get a valid QR to enter events.

I had tickets for Loveland x Solomun All Night Long on Saturday 16/10 but since apparently I was part of the last 25% of buyers they have automatically changed my tickets to the extra Solomun events on Thursday. :confused: Since I can't make it, sold those tickets, bought some new ones and now this is my ADE plan:

Friday: Loveland x Paradise (Jamie Jones b2b Joseph Capriati, East End Dubs and Loco Dice)
Saturday: waiting for Elrow announcement (should be coming soon).
Sunday: Solid Grooves (Michael Bibi, Archie Hamilton, Eats, Stussy, Dennis Cruz, Paco Osuna)
Monday morning: the famous Slapfunk afterparty starting from 06:00 in Bret. Probably just gonna sleep a few hours after sundaynight first.

I can totally understand ADE is a mess for tourists this year...so curious to see if any of you are still coming.

All the above info is spot on.

We are going to this - well, at this stage we are.

You are correct - as the UK is no longer part of the EU, the UK COVID Pass is not valid for entry to events - meaning a test result is needed before entry to events; which lasts 24 hours, even though we are double vaxxed, blah.

For us that basically means a test before every event, really.

We have the following planned:

Thu 14: Awakenings Drumcode (Beyer/Ida/ANNA/Webbha) - it starts at14:00, we land late morning on this day so getting everything sorted including the test will be much fun

Friday - Amsterdam walkabout - day off

Saturday: Mystic Garden / Dockland (lineup TBD), but we also have tickets for Awakenings Maceo (Enrico S / Pan Pot / Len Faki); we will probably sell these. I didn't think about Elrow, but that could be an option. Mystic Garden looks ace though.

Sunday: Pan Pot 10 hours, if we are still alive

Fly out 9 PM Sunday night.

Considering I normally do one event and need 3 weeks to recover, this is going to be interesting - BUT, for me it's an amazing result that this has all moved to the daytime, as recovery is possible; I can't sleep in the day normally.

You are correct - as the UK is no longer part of the EU, the UK COVID Pass is not valid for entry to events - meaning a test result is needed before entry to events; which lasts 24 hours, even though we are double vaxxed, blah.

Fingers crossed this will change next week (if the govt aren't too busy dicking around with petrol supplies...)

More ADE events announced.....including these:
- Audio Obscura 3 events
- Elrow 2 events
- Bret Joseph Capriati all day long (18 hours)

More ADE events announced.....including these:
- Audio Obscura 3 events
- Elrow 2 events
- Bret Joseph Capriati all day long (18 hours)
Any ideas on Elrow lineup (or Mystic Garden / Dockyard)... I know they are not announced, but perhaps you are in the know...

Tests booked for every day we are there.

Lots of admin, but:

o 10-15 mins walk from where we are staying
o Free

Still better than clubbing with masks / etc.

Was hoping they would accept UK COVID pass but this is a good second option - free is free.

Any ideas on Elrow lineup (or Mystic Garden / Dockyard)... I know they are not announced, but perhaps you are in the know...
Guess you've seen the Elrow line up about now.
Not that impressed but I'll be fine with Ilario Alicante, Waff and Shermanology.
Also...DeLaSwing has shown a different approach lately, the tech-house seems to be gone and it's more the Dutch Stussy / Prunk / Anotr minimal but melodic sound right now so happy to see him again.

And for the line up I'm going to Paradise on Friday. East End Dubs and Jamie Jones b2b Joseph Capriati!

Guess you've seen the Elrow line up about now.
Not that impressed but I'll be fine with Ilario Alicante, Waff and Shermanology.
Also...DeLaSwing has shown a different approach lately, the tech-house seems to be gone and it's more the Dutch Stussy / Prunk / Anotr minimal but melodic sound right now so happy to see him again.

And for the line up I'm going to Paradise on Friday. East End Dubs and Jamie Jones b2b Joseph Capriati!
Yeah the Elrow lineup isn't AMAZING - we might pop in just to see people; not sure what the production is like in Amsterdam compared to other countries.

IBZ / BCN - good
UK - meh

We have Pan Pot on Sunday but not sure we will be alive lol

Hope those going have fun even though this ade has had its legs cut off.

First one im missing in forever

Awakenings will live stream their events with Drumcode, Afterlife & Spectrum on youtube starting today at 3.30 with Adam Beyers Party. So if anyone needs some music in the office...

Just scored last minute tickets for Maceo Plex in the infamous Loft...
Let you know how it was tomorrow.
That was something else! :cool:
My first time in The Loft...it's pretty small, hot and sweaty, the view on Amsterdam is amazing and the vibe was perfect. Jennifer Cardini was playing when we got in but after an hour or so Maceo took over. He had some dance floor action first in between the crowd, had a few chats, took some pics, which was pretty cool. Loved his set, there was like an hour of b2b with Cardini again too. We were really close to the dj booth (well...in this venue basically everyone is) so when he played Der Dritte Raum - Halle Bob it was like being in the Boiler Room Berlin set.
Music is freaking loud though, if you ever end up there (they just sold tickets this year, I remember it was really hard to get in in previous years) make sure to bring ear protection.
Planned for tonight: Paradise with Jamie Jones b2b Joseph Capriati, East End Dubs and Loco Dice.

Sounds great mate. The loft was defo was a highlight from the last ADE. Was the morning one or the evening one?
Evening, till midnight.
Still thinking about going there for a morning session too this weekend. Anotr are doing two sunrise sessions. The thing is...the evening program ends at midnight, everything closes and I guess I'm getting to told (or responsible) to force myself to stay awake at home or in my hotelroom till 6am to go to the Loft again. It's a whole different story than previous years where I imagine you would go to The Loft straight after your nighttime party.

Yeah the Elrow lineup isn't AMAZING - we might pop in just to see people; not sure what the production is like in Amsterdam compared to other countries.

IBZ / BCN - good
UK - meh

We have Pan Pot on Sunday but not sure we will be alive lol
Well , Elrow is from barcelona so the best production/ show is at their home and in ibiza too as they have a weekly recidency and a team base there for the entire season but that the 2 only places you will experience a full on Elrow show . When they go abroad for a one off show in a club the level of production is much smaller and the line up a bit as well ( the line ups are never damn crazy ( except when they did there 10 anniversary in bcn few years back ) . when they do a summer festival abroad , then they send more truck , more performers ect ect …
A promoter is always the best when he is in his homeland Imo .

Completely different in term of promoter but timewarp in other country in the past ( Milan and Amsterdam for example) was good but impossible to compare to the timewarp Mannheim mecca

Well , Elrow is from barcelona so the best production/ show is at their home and in ibiza too as they have a weekly recidency and a team base there for the entire season but that the 2 only places you will experience a full on Elrow show . When they go abroad for a one off show in a club the level of production is much smaller and the line up a bit as well ( the line ups are never damn crazy ( except when they did there 10 anniversary in bcn few years back ) . when they do a summer festival abroad , then they send more truck , more performers ect ect …
A promoter is always the best when he is in his homeland Imo .

Completely different in term of promoter but timewarp in other country in the past ( Milan and Amsterdam for example) was good but impossible to compare to the timewarp Mannheim mecca

Elrow production at ADE was amazing though. Great theme and a surprising light effect when they turned the icy world into a red Circoloco-like environment later in the night. Also, a whole team from Spain with stilt walkers and huge puppets...four confetti spreading points in the room. I've been to Elrow shows all over the world (obviously) and this ADE show was like a Amnesia show for me. I agree that Barcelona is a whole different story, that venue and vibe. Can't wait for it to re-open..

About ADE as a whole, had a blast...
After Maceo in the Loft we went to Loveland x Paradise with Jamie Jones b2b Joseph Capriati, what a set. Loco Dice before them was better than I expected too. Loveland production and sound quality was amazing.

ADE 2022 is planned from 19-23 October...but since the last editions we can count the Monday as an additional day since there are many cool afters like Slapfunk or Loft.

Last edited:
Elrow production at ADE was amazing though. Great theme and a surprising light effect when they turned the icy world into a red Circoloco-like environment later in the night. Also, a whole team from Spain with stilt walkers and huge puppets...four confetti spreading points in the room. I've been to Elrow shows all over the world (obviously) and this ADE show was like a Amnesia show for me. I agree that Barcelona is a whole different story, that venue and vibe. Can't wait for it to re-open..

About ADE as a whole, had a blast...
After Maceo in the Loft we went to Loveland x Paradise with Jamie Jones b2b Joseph Capriati, what a set. Loco Dice before them was better than I expected too. Loveland production and sound quality was amazing.

ADE 2022 is planned from 19-23 October...but since the last editions we can count the Monday as an additional day since there are many cool afters like Slapfunk or Loft.
Think I will do ade next October looks amazing, the loft with tale of us, adriatique looks incredible, how do you get tickets for those is it hard?

Back