Acid House in Ibiza?

Hmm.... you mean big parties in warehouses? Or nightclub culture in general?
If the latter, you've pegged the "start" a few decades and a couple of generations too late :lol:

I think I know what he means... I was about 8 or 9 years old when it happened.. on the 6 o'clock news on the bbc they were talking about that evil drug music that was sweeping the nation called 'acid house' ..but Trevor McDonald doesn't know the difference between acid house and just house so it was generalised and in particular acid house was to blame for people taking them wicked drugs that were around 'back in the day' therefore made the headline news and images of people who were off their trumpet appeared everywhere from 'The Sun' to 'The daily telgraph' and raving hard became a part of everyday family life ..... lol

Yes, I know... it's all a bit relative to when/where you grew up but it's always interesting to see how some Brits from Gen X/Gen Y consider the Acid House movement as the beginning of all club life. :lol:

Now that we've established that it's not "the movement that gave birth to it all"...

Maybe a night like Retro at Pacha would fit the bill?

Yes, I know... it's all a bit relative to when/where you grew up but it's always interesting to see how some Brits from Gen X/Gen Y consider the Acid House movement as the beginning of all club life. :lol:

Now that we've established that it's not "the movement that gave birth to it all"...

Maybe a night like Retro at Pacha would fit the bill?

It wasnt the start of Clublife as you put it mate, modern clubs can all trace their roots back to the Loft in New York. But the "rave" scene gave birth to clubs as we know it in the UK. Before that clubs in general where somewhere you went dressed up in your best shirt and Farah slacks drank until you where ready for a fight or pulled. The Rave scene blew them out of the water, overnight the Music was king and it was ok to go and dance the night away. When they where forced inside from the fields and Warehouses people started looking at the New York & Chicago clubs (Paradise Garage / Warehouse) as a blueprint and made them our own.

There are exceptions to this of course but living in England in the 80 and early 90's it was life changing. The Music you could hear was so fresh and different to anything I had heard before.

the "rave" scene gave birth to clubs as we know it in the UK....living in England in the 80 and early 90's it was life changing.
That's the key point I was making - it's a UK-centric view from a certain generation...

Acid house came much too late to be considered as "giving birth to it all"... But, of course, it was pivotal to the contemporary club culture in the UK, which has since had its influence spread abroad on a large scale.

As for the way people dress and act at clubs, those things change over time and come and go with various movements. To find the real birthplace of dance club culture, you'd probably have to go back to Harlem speakeasies with jazz music, fancy dresses and fedoras :lol:

:lol:
I waited a full 24 hrs for you to show up with that line :lol:

Hey Bucks... tell the young man where he can find some Acid House in Ibiza.

Not trying to patronise, just trying to point the way. Just don't show me a picture of a cat and tell me it's a dog. :D:D:D

Retro at Pacha and nights like helter skelter at es paradis are obviously the order of the day here. Old school/rave is what he wants no???

Modern day EDM evolved from Acid house that originated in Chicago. We can talk about disco and all the stuff that came before it but i am not looking for that..

Acid house: Yes, 'Can you party', 'Twin Freaks' and the stuff that came up in the next few years is what I am after for a night. I want the old skool tunes.

Back