Absolutely gutted...

jaycranney

Yea, gutted I didn't stay longer!!!!

Just got back from my 3rd time in Ibiza yesterday folks, and what can I say... the best time ever!!!!

It went a little something like this (by the way, i may leave some stuff out as things are still a bit hazy)

Tuesday: got the bus from belfast to dublin airport where it rained the whole way down... i was loving it though coz i knew the weather on the white isle was going to be kick ass. The plane was some craic... loads of paddys having drinks and getting riled up for their Ibiza adventure! All the traveling went really smooth had no hassle at all and when we arrived at our apartments in playa den bossa the guy at the reception desk offered us another apartment for €500 cheaper... sweet! Anyway, went straight to get drinks and tickets and then back to the abode to get ready fro Carl Cox!!! What can i say about that night, completely flawless. We were on such a buzz from being on the island we loved every minute of it... I had a few friends out with me who had never been to ibiza before so it was great just to see their faces when they got into space. The crowd where great, high fives and ravers elbows flying around everywhere... and when he dropped phat planet by leftfield (you know the one from the guinness ad) i went bucko! Absolutely loved it! i think we left at around 6 and back to the apartments for after drinks what a night!

Wednesday got up to a beautiful morning/early afternoon and headed to bora bora. we stop off to get a few beers in the spar and were able to bring them down no problems. granted there was no music to be heard anywhere BUT at 4:30 the tunes where cranked up and people actually ran to the bar to get a bit of a boogie... the tarp went up at the usual 8/8:30, but to be honest, apart from the music not starting until 4:30 i didnt notice any difference. i seen a few guarda civil kicking around but nothing over the top.
So, back to the apartment to get ready for subliminal, i was so excited about this night i couldnt control myself. got in around two and the place was buzzing. we headed up stairs behind the dj box and had a bit of a boogie, but the heat was serious, so up to the terrace for a cool off. was getting ants in my pants up there, so after a half hour or so, down to the dance floor to get involved... found a nice wee cozy spot and the ravers elbow was out again in force. Dropped man with a red a face, had to be the tune of the night.

On Thursday we were all a bit busted, but down to bora bora again, but when we got down the the tunes had already began... must have been later than we thought, oops!
Anyway, got talking to some cool people from Washington (initially I thought the guy was irish because of his lack of tan and abundance of redness ;) ) We ended up hanging around with them all day and they back to ours for a bit of a party... as I said, we were all a bit busted today, so we headed into ibiza town (with our new chums) and hung around base etc for drinks. Nothing special really happened, just loads of drink and tons of craic!
Was in bed for about 4 or so.

Friday we decided to head over to formantera (did i spell that right?) just to chill out. we were all up relatively early so we thought why not! Had a real relaxing day, but no time was to be wasted as we were off to mambo for the sunset... got there for about seven and left the strip when the sun had gone to go to the curry club for some grub. Curry club was flawless as ever (IMO of course) and then off to eden for pete tong. i was quite anxious about this night as Id never been to eden before but i though f**k it, lets go. We got in an automatically wasn't really feeling the crowd or the club for that matter, but I was determined to enjoy myself, and enjoy myself i did!! was pleasantly surprised by wonderland. I still wasnt really feeling the crowd. loads of guys throwing their weight about but aww well, every night cant be perfect! headed into the love box for andy cato and you guessed it folks... super stylin!!!! I didnt mind though coz my friends (you know, the ones who hadnt been before) went bonkers, so it was all good.

On sat we were in pieces so it was a late start, back down to bora bora for the usual drinks in the sunshine malarky. Nothing really special happened, but bumped into old friends from back home who i hadnt seen in years so off again we went... drinks flowing, sun setting, trees blazing, decibels rising! the craic was serious, just sat all night on the beach talking about old time etc... prob one of fav nights of the holiday in a weird way.

Sunday was space!!! Thought i was going to piss myslef as soon as i woke up i was soo excited! Went and got grub and then straight back to the flat to get tanked up before we went.
headed in at around 5:30/6 to a buzzing terrace and you guess it, the elbow was out again (was kind of getting sore at this stage but who cares!!!) Smokin jo was the highlight for me here, i thought she tore it up somthing shockin! the crowd was amazing, met some really cool people and ended up dancing with them for the rest of the day. i think we left around 11:30 with our passes and went off to get freshened up. for some reason I was busting for a pint so off we went to a bar and met some of mates who flew out that morning. we got our sh!t together and headed back in around 1:30... the terrace was a complete meat market so we headed into the back room where mehdi, busy p and felix were knockin it out. Busy P dropped phantom part 2 by justice and the place went nuts, but I have to admit, was really disappointed with felix. maybe I was getting tired, but i just didnt get into him at all. couldnt tell the difference between one tune and the next but a top day nonetheless... i had a scream!

Monday, well we were in absolute pieces! a good ten hours raving was done the night before, so we were feeling dodgy, but it was our last day so we had to make the most of of it. back down to bora bora but with no drink this time... couldnt face just yet ;)
Chilled out down there for a bit and then back to get a shower and changed and then out for food. i was soo tired this day i really wasnt up for the craic... kinda just wanted to go to bed, but our friends were down on bora bora drinking and as soon as i went down to meet them, i got a second wind. so where to go? it had to be cacoon!!! Id never been before and i was so glad I did... what a f**kin night. why had i not been here before? granted there was a lot of guys with gold chains and shirts off, but we were all dancing so hard i dont think i had my eyes open for more than 5minutes at a time.
as it was our last night we just decided to stay up and make the most of it. WITHOUT doubt the best night of the week... everything was perfect and i'll def be back! I've been cacooned without a doubt!!!

So to sum it all up folks, apart from the music not starting until 4:30 on bora bora and it being a bit more expensive i didnt notice anything different about the island.
Ibiza is certainly not dead and all that say it is are full of sh!t IMO. Id been twice before and I had such a good time... the crowd i was with were great, the apartment was perfect (price and location) and the weather was super, maybe bar the second last day. All in all, my holiday was fantastic, already talking about 2009. and the best thing about it was, my friends who hadnt been before are DEF going back next year, and that was one of my main aims!!!!

Viva Eivissa!!!!

J

Last edited by a moderator:
What a pleasure to read something possitive from start to Finish :p Nice review. ;)

Thank you for helping to restore my faith that I'm going to have a stormer in 15 days time 8)

i've been one of the doubters but your story paints a very different picture maybe i'm being to overcritical and learn to relax and feel the island's changes

Ibiza is certainly not dead and all that say it is are full of sh!t IMO.
That's what I'm talking about :!:

Great review, Jay. Sounds like you had a blinder. Right attitude, great choices, well done!

Very much looking forward to being on the island in 10 days :!: :D 8) :twisted:

great review dude!
you seem like a nice person with a positive attitude.
all the w4nkers here who cried about the island not being as good as its used to, should learn from your attitude... wishful thinking! :)

oh btw, whats a PADDY? :D

all the w4nkers here who cried about the island not being as good as its used to, should learn from your attitude... wishful thinking! :)

:eek:

if people feel ripped off/had a lousy experience/had a better time in the past, they're hardly gonna come on here and do the clubs' PR for them, are they!... unless of course, you want to hand out the prozac :rolleyes:

it's cool the original poster had a good time, but that doesn't make his experience any more valid...

Really enjoyed your review and loved your positive attitude. Good to hear you had so much fun.
Olly, of course every experience is just as "valid", I guess it is just uplifting to hear something upbeat as opposed to something that brings us down, especially for those of us that are more than a little "emotionally attached" to Ibiza :lol::lol:. Hope you get a chance to enjoy it too one day, inspite of all the potential pitfalls and downsides...

Good review mate, sounds like you did a lot of the same things as us...got back on Tuesday after 5 days. I just wanted to come on here and echo your sentiments that Ibiza is still rocking. I've been going for 9 years, at least once a year, and I can honestly say hand on heart that this year was one of the best! Ok, so it did seem a bit more expensive than normal but that is probably not helped by the exchange rate at the moment.

Bora Bora was still great, Space was wicked on Sunday (what a set by Cassius on the Terraza by the way!) and basically everything that I know and love about the place was still there. I thought this might have been my last year of going due to some of the things I've read on here (and the fact I'm edging into my 30's!), but I am already saving up for next year! Bring it on.

Reading your review made me even more excited about my 5th trip to ibiza in 2 weeks time! Which apartments did you stay in?

@ basher: Man i felt the exactly the same before i went out... just go with the flow and enjoy the most of it. alright there are some changes, but it no biggy in my opinion. have a ball mate!
@ fusion: paddys! you know, people from Ireland ;)
@ Olly: jesus man lighten up!
@ Ibizapaul: OMG Cassius!!!! He completely tore it up!
@ moody: the appartments were called arlanza bossa... not much to look at, but we wernt after luxury. just somewhere where we could get our head down for an hour or two and a shower, haha.

I'm really glad all you guys liked the review. I'm glad to say that in all honesty I had the best time this year, I'm busting to get out next year and you've know idea how jealous i am of all you guys that have yet to go! Might sneak out again for a cheeky weekend (wonder what the boss will say though :confused:

J

:eek:

if people feel ripped off/had a lousy experience/had a better time in the past, they're hardly gonna come on here and do the clubs' PR for them, are they
Funny yet ironic to hear that coming from a first timer and someone who was a virgin up until not so long ago...
Anyway, let's leave the bad attitude at the door and go on with the original thread's subject here, gracias.

I liked your review, but I couldnt bear the fact that you decided to skip DC10 and then go to Cocoon, granted, you were tired after a long night @ Space but I think you should have went to DC10 nonetheless to finish off the experience...

Glad you had fun!

@ moody: the appartments were called arlanza bossa... not much to look at, but we wernt after luxury. just somewhere where we could get our head down for an hour or two and a shower, haha. J

Cool, that's where i'm staying! I usually stay in Jet bout wanted some where a bit cheaper this year! Did you stay in a 3 or 5 person room? would you stay there again etc. etc

I liked your review, but I couldnt bear the fact that you decided to skip DC10 and then go to Cocoon, granted, you were tired after a long night @ Space but I think you should have went to DC10 nonetheless to finish off the experience...

Glad you had fun!

Sorry but Cocoon is the best night on the island! Definately worth missing DC10 for :twisted:

Sorry but Cocoon is the best night on the island! Definately worth missing DC10 for :twisted:

Mmmm i dont want to sound like "it was better back then" and all that p*sh as im certainly not one of them goons!!! .....

i used to goto ibiza mainly just for the Cocoon nights .....

but no way is Cocoon better than Circo Loco ...... ;)

Glad you had fun!

Honestly im gutted i never got to DC10. We tried to get tickets to DC10 but we couldnt get them anywhere... was totally maxed out and didnt wanted to spend the last night somewhere where I couldn't move.

@ moody - would def stay there again... cheap as chips and a great location. Plus, we were playing music and partying on the balcony to all hours and didnt get a complaint once.
I know that may have been just luck but it was sweet!

J

Last edited by a moderator:
Back