a short doc about pirate radio

was gona post about this before. is funny my brother used to play on Flex FM with the guy presenting it. Very nostalgic for him .

Brilliant. :)

Podcasts and the like just aren't the same as proper pirate radio. I still remember the satisfaction of finding a good radio station, only for it to disappear a week later.

Y2K was pretty much the soundtrack of my yoofff, Mc Vapour and Mark 'Ruff' Ryder. :lol:

was gona post about this before. is funny my brother used to play on Flex FM with the guy presenting it. Very nostalgic for him .

really? full respect!

based somewhere in kingston or wimbledon wasn't it?

my faves were DON FM and GIRLS FM

Yeah it used to DJ KIN & Rob Lowe , Monday night Madness with NJ Fever out in the streets causing mayhem all being relayed by mobile phone . Doubt theres any recordings of it. my bro might have a cassette somewhere.

I think the actual station was near Barnes of all places back then but i cant be sure he was quite secretive about the whole thing. He's actually got a screenplay written telling a (the) story of a young man's struggle on an estate trying to make it as a dj . Bit cheesey sounding but reading it and knowing its based on stuff that happened first hand was interesting . Obviously he's suped it up abit with guns and guy ritchie style "Geezerisms" tho NJ did actually get shot

Last edited by a moderator:
pump-up-the-volume.gif

I played on Sweet 101.6 & Touch 94 & 97.9 for several years. Spanlger G was the resident MC on Sweet... one of the best on the radio @ the time.

So many good memories from this era...

Used to love Fantasy & Sunrise... & in later years, Super Sunday on Kool FM.

Back