A road bike

Moondust

Any cyclists in the house?

Having saved a fair few quid on the strength of working from home for the last 6 months i decided to invest in a road bike and take up cycling. I can honestly say its the best thing i have done in years. In today's increasingly crazy world its a great break from social media, the news and TV in general. Great for the mind, body and soul.

I don't feel confident enough to wear ear phones ( maybe dangerous too ? ) otherwise i'd be backed up with some tunes as well.

Anyone else made use of the extra time we have been given????

Matt’s a cyclist :) he loves it and looking forward to getting out more here now it’s chilled out a bit for us. Also if you fancy some kit then @lovelocycling looks good ?

I think it’s illegal to wear earphones here in Ibiza (??) but when I used to cycle in Dubai I use to wear one or two when I was on a dedicated track. Podcasts and audio books got me through the gran fondo’s

Matt’s a cyclist :) he loves it and looking forward to getting out more here now it’s chilled out a bit for us. Also if you fancy some kit then @lovelocycling looks good ?

I think it’s illegal to wear earphones here in Ibiza (??) but when I used to cycle in Dubai I use to wear one or two when I was on a dedicated track. Podcasts and audio books got me through the gran fondo’s

Ibiza would be a lovely place to ride, especially north. Like you say it needs to be a bit quieter on the the roads.

Thank you i will check that place out.

I never driven always cycle.. from Griffter to Bmx Mountain bike and road bike.. never wear headphones.. have to be alert... Lucky to live on the coast too. City biking is great fun though..

Last edited:
Any cyclists in the house?

Having saved a fair few quid on the strength of working from home for the last 6 months i decided to invest in a road bike and take up cycling. I can honestly say its the best thing i have done in years. In today's increasingly crazy world its a great break from social media, the news and TV in general. Great for the mind, body and soul.

I don't feel confident enough to wear ear phones ( maybe dangerous too ? ) otherwise i'd be backed up with some tunes as well.

Anyone else made use of the extra time we have been given????

Couldnt agree with you more. I bought a road bike about 6 months ago and I’ve loved every minute. It has opened up so many possibilities for me now.

It’s such a great way to switch off to the world. I’m not as bothered now if the gyms get closed again because I know I have things to keep me going.

I’ve not tried headphones either i worry I’m not going to here a car or something.

Never been to a gym in my life cycling will keep you super fit.. no good for beefing up if that's your thing or still a thing even..but the bike,fresh air and get of the main road Oh and NEVER NEVER WEAR LYCRA.. it has wanker written all over it and they think they own the roads.. I'm a cyclist all my life and I hate those Lycra Nazi groups you see everywhere at weekends..

Never been to a gym in my life cycling will keep you super fit.. no good for beefing up if that's your thing or still a thing even..but the bike,fresh air and get of the main road Oh and NEVER NEVER WEAR LYCRA.. it has wanker written all over it and they think they own the roads.. I'm a cyclist all my life and I hate those Lycra Nazi groups you see everywhere at weekends..

Hiyaaaaaaa

IMG_C156D722869E-1.jpeg

been riding properly for ten years. roadie, triathlons, done a few 10mile TTs etc. Cant think of a sporting pastime that can beat it for the therpeutic aspect - and also great for socials if you group ride (sorry Craig) and cafe/pub stop. Only tried the headphones once and didnt like it, the road noise interfered with the sound and I felt much less aware on the road.
After a winter of little riding last year, got some decent miles in over the summer, but have dipped again. gonna try and get out in the morning, if not too bad weather wise.

been riding properly for ten years. roadie, triathlons, done a few 10mile TTs etc. Cant think of a sporting pastime that can beat it for the therpeutic aspect - and also great for socials if you group ride (sorry Craig) and cafe/pub stop. Only tried the headphones once and didnt like it, the road noise interfered with the sound and I felt much less aware on the road.
After a winter of little riding last year, got some decent miles in over the summer, but have dipped again. gonna try and get out in the morning, if not too bad weather wise.
Don't do much socials have enough problem old friends don't need any new ones.. headphones a big no no I went straight into a back of a car years ago.. lesson learned.. less than 10 minutes cycle to work for me all down hill if I want to go along the sea front
IMG_20201009_105646.jpg
all up hill on way home so pit stop at pub was needed Thursday and Friday

Last edited:
How are the spotlight cyclists doing now we are in the summer and getting out more?

Manged to clock my first 18mph avg over 25 miles and did a 60m ride the other week. Felt it towards the end though.

Took my bike down to the Cotswolds last month. Some real tough climbs but a lovely place to ride and stop for a beer.

Hope you're enjoying your miles..🚴‍♀️🚴‍♀️

Last edited:
keep toying with getting one, however... 1. getting it in the lift to 6th floor and 2. braving the psychopaths who boss the roads here...

I did quite a lot of cycling (by my standards) over the last 2 weeks. Ibiza is perfect for those of us able to cycle only 3-4 hours at a decent speed (60-90 km per ride). This means we're nowhere near being in good enough shape to be in a club or participate in a torturous cycling camp on Mallorca. Cyclists at a higher level will probably experience Ibiza as too small for a week of cycling.

The perfect day for me on Ibiza would be a 3-4 hour bike ride in the morning, then hitting the beach in the afternoon, before a bar then a night club in the evening/night. Unfortunately the last part of this was not possible this year.

I wasn't able to bring any of my kit from home. So I ended up spending more money on new cycling kit for this holiday than I did on the 14 days stay at a hotel in San An. ;) Fortunately the helmet I bough matched the bike I ended up hiring. (There are rules governing style when cycling).

Pics from area north of San An:

Ibiza40.jpg

Ibiza41.jpg

Ibiza42.jpg

A pro tip for cyclists coming across this thread:

Most of the maps of Ibiza that are available for sale are misleading and incorrect. A lot of the best roads for road bikes are either shown as "dirt tracks" or are not even on the map. I ended up buying 3 maps this year before finally getting the right one.

These are the maps to buy: The map on the left is a map I bought 2 years ago. It's good enough. The map on the right I bought this year, and is the most accurate of the 4 maps of Ibiza that I have used.

Ibiza45.jpg

I did quite a lot of cycling (by my standards) over the last 2 weeks. Ibiza is perfect for those of us able to cycle only 3-4 hours at a decent speed (60-90 km per ride). This means we're nowhere near being in good enough shape to be in a club or participate in a torturous cycling camp on Mallorca. Cyclists at a higher level will probably experience Ibiza as too small for a week of cycling.

The perfect day for me on Ibiza would be a 3-4 hour bike ride in the morning, then hitting the beach in the afternoon, before a bar then a night club in the evening/night. Unfortunately the last part of this was not possible this year.

I wasn't able to bring any of my kit from home. So I ended up spending more money on new cycling kit for this holiday than I did on the 14 days stay at a hotel in San An. ;) Fortunately the helmet I bough matched the bike I ended up hiring. (There are rules governing style when cycling).

View attachment 12144

View attachment 12145

View attachment 12146

Lovely stuff..:cool:

View attachment 12144

View attachment 12145

View attachment 12146
When we going back then mate! This is exactly what I wanna do . Morning ride , beach afternoon, party night time 👌🏻
have to pick my current mileage up though!

I wasn't able to bring any of my kit from home. So I ended up spending more money on new cycling kit for this holiday than I did on the 14 days stay at a hotel in San An. ;)

Should have got a new kit from Lovelo ;)

Back