A Manumission gem from 2001

I've never really been a fan of Privilege. Too open with too much stuff to detract from the music (especially at manumission nights ;) ). The coco loco room is class right enough.

Manumission 95 and 96 were probably the best club nights Ibiza will ever experience, the randomness of it all at the time before it all became a bit of a cliche was something that would be difficult to repeat. I seen it all in there!

The after party at Bar M was also amazing, I have footage on a old tape I need to find and upload to Youtube.

I've never really been a fan of Privilege.
Too open with too much stuff to detract from the music ...
then your choice would be space´s fugly discoteca -
no "stuff" there "to detract from the music "
2wdd279.gif

Manumission 95 and 96 were probably the best club nights Ibiza will ever experience, the randomness of it all at the time before it all became a bit of a cliche was something that would be difficult to repeat. I seen it all in there!

The after party at Bar M was also amazing, I have footage on a old tape I need to find and upload to Youtube.

When you do it let me know man I love stuff like that. You ever heard of the Manumission Motel?

Me and my Mrs had our honeymoon and stayed at Pikes in 2000. Our plan was to go and stay at the Moel for a night, but we didnt get round to it. When we came back and read the stories I was kind of glad I didnt.....

Anyone remember the fancy dress shop / bar they had at the top of the West End across the square. It was mainly a private bar for workers, but if you were sensible you could blag entry..

then your choice would be space´s fugly discoteca -
no "stuff" there "to detract from the music "
2wdd279.gif

out of the 'super clubs' (DC10 aside) in ibiza the terrace at space is prob my favourite although when i was there last year for the opening the sound was shocking and the atmosphere was dead so hung about the discoteca.

Outside the main clubs underground is where it's at for me.

This ship theme was my one and only Manumission experience, a crazy night. Isn't it great to see old videos to bring loads of memories flooding back? :lol::lol: Could watch things like this all day long.

Barbie was going to post some photos from the Motel, still looking forward to seeing them:):):)

manumission itself was always a bit hit and miss for the clubbing crowd....i.e. more the story than the party or the music.

BUT, the coco loco around sunrise was awesome, still one of the best ibiza clubbing experiences i reckon there ever was. pwapa balearic mate! ;)8)

Ha! it's the total opposite of what clubbing is to me

ie too many people, over-sized venue, boring production-line house

would still like to have seen one of them sex-shows, mind

Just going by the crowd in that video. the number of people isn't important as long as their attitude is straight- people who go clubbing to dance and get sweaty is what its all about.

Just going by the crowd in that video. the number of people isn't important as long as their attitude is straight- people who go clubbing to dance and get sweaty is what its all about.

I want to agree with you because I'm not into elitist crowds and VIP rooms etc - but the crowd at Mish was just horrific*.

* excluding Coco-Loco at 6am of course. 8)

It was sold aggressively to Brits in the West End by Thompsons holiday reps giving welcome bleatings etc.

There's nothing extreme about this party. It's just big budget pedestrian tripe appealing to the lowest common denominator (unimaginative pervs wanting passive entertainment)...but I'm so glad they were there because they did a lot to hype the island during the mid to late 90s.

Where there's a huge commercial scene, there's a thriving underground after all. ;)

I want to agree with you because I'm not into elitist crowds and VIP rooms etc - but the crowd at Mish was just horrific*.

* excluding Coco-Loco at 6am of course. 8)

It was sold aggressively to Brits in the West End by Thompsons holiday reps giving welcome bleatings etc.

There's nothing extreme about this party. It's just big budget pedestrian tripe appealing to the lowest common denominator (unimaginative pervs wanting passive entertainment)...but I'm so glad they were there because they did a lot to hype the island during the mid to late 90s.

Where there's a huge commercial scene, there's a thriving underground after all. ;)

Thats what it became, but those first couple of years were special...

Back