A Little re-assurance needed

kaboom

Hi again,

We were discussing this years holiday plans at work today, I mentioned i'm going to Ibiza in July. The guys I work with were suprised at my choice, as, as they put it, I cant dance for toffee.

The thing is i'm far too self-conscious, so i'm convinced everyone is looking/ laughing at me when i'm 'trying' to dance. I've also got the co-ordination and style of an octopus in a sack.

We're planning several big club nights, but i'm worried i'm going to look a tw@t either not dancing, or trying to dance and doing it badly.

Are there many people in the big clubs that can't/don't dance, or am i going to be a complete loner?

help

cheers

Tony

I don't think you should worry about that....I think everyone is either too into the music or too F'd up to notice! It's your vacation, so make the best of it and dance your ass off however you like. 8)

i don't think i can dance but doesn't stop me

thats what its all about - just go for it and enjoy yourself
to hell with what other people think, that their issue not yours

have fun!

:D

I wouldn't worry at all, mate. Ibiza's such a laid back sort of place. Anything goes really and there's no right or wrong. At the end of the day, it's about loving music, not entering a dancing competition.

thanks for the replies guys,

one thing i did find last time in ibiza, was that if i was absoloutly hammered and had glow sticks to concentrate on i was fine.

I think by the time july comes my other half will be ready to kill me, i keep goin on about Ibiza. I Sky +ed the whole Ibiza 2008 series and watch it again whenever i can, i've caught her trying to delete it twice!

... one thing i did find last time in ibiza, was that
if i was absoloutly hammered
and had glow sticks to concentrate on
i was fine ...
:lol:

ps:
this could be a dirk biggler-thread :)

... one thing i did find last time in ibiza, was that
if i was absoloutly hammered
and had glow sticks to concentrate on
i was fine ...
:lol:

ps:
this could be a dirk bigler-thread :)

It really doesn't matter. And even if someone does look at you funny, who cares? Their problem not yours. As long as you're enjoying yourself that's all that matters.

Good nights = large crowds = no room = loads of people = no space to dance badly :D:D seriuosly, it's one place that dosnt care and that's why you will want to go back!!!

I dont think I am a particularly good dancer. But I never worry about it. Its the fact you are having a good time that is all that matters.

I'm so glad that I don't have to worry about things like this. I'm an awesome dancer.
I like to scan the crowd and laugh at you people with 3 left feet.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
(just get drunk enough and no one, including yourself, will care!)

Me too Morbs. I funkin brilliant.

I wish. Truly awful. Think John Cleese on acid.

I'm better than my missus though.

Had regular dance offs indoors.

I'm the daddy.8)

:lol::lol::lol:

The image of you 2 competing in a dance-off has made my day!
(for those who don't know, height-wise it'd be like David v Goliath!)

:lol::lol::lol:

The image of you 2 competing in a dance-off has made my day!
(for those who don't know, height-wise it'd be like David v Goliath!)

Think Twins with Arnie and Danny Devito!

Sh1t. Please God she don't read this today and think I have said she looks like Danny Devito!! The sofa beckons tonight!

Also I am hardly Arnie, check with my profile picture i'm all skin and bones!

My mate, who was the one who first got me to go to ibiza, can only dance sideways. A bit like a large crab.

I keep having to turn him around so he doesn't go missing into the crowd.

It's amusing at times but was a right pain when we were on the terrace at the "old Space" . But he's good for getting the drinks in at the bar, he's usually over that way by the middle of every second song. he hated it when they started putting the barriers up at Bora Bora.

Another one of my friend's can only do the Pogo. I think she must have picked it up during her student indie days, felt comfortable and stuck with it.

Problem is it's not as versatile as the usual non dancers failsafe, the "the forward / backwards shuffle " which can be applied to almost any music. And she's off pogoing at weddings, parties in the kitchen, barbeques, ****ing everywhere.

Back