A-HA to split at end of tour.

I've got tix to the concert here next month.

I've long been a fan. First saw them back in the States in '86 or '87, just after the 2nd album came out (with one of my favorite songs of all time - I've Been Losing You).

Then I, like most everybody, forgot about them for a decade (aside from the minor European hit Crying in the Rain). But I've seen them play twice in the '00s and I think they've produced some great material with more recent albums like Minor Earth, Major Sky and Lifelines. Revisiting their other post-80s albums is also worth it.

Definitely one of the most underrated bands of the past 20 years. Everyone was so focused on their first teenybopper hits that they eschewed the much more adult, melodic sound they adopted from the 3rd album on.

I've got tix to the concert here next month.

I've long been a fan. First saw them back in the States in '86 or '87, just after the 2nd album came out (with one of my favorite songs of all time - I've Been Losing You).

Then I, like most everybody, forgot about them for a decade (aside from the minor European hit Crying in the Rain). But I've seen them play twice in the '00s and I think they've produced some great material with more recent albums like Minor Earth, Major Sky and Lifelines. Revisiting their other post-80s albums is also worth it.

Definitely one of the most underrated bands of the past 20 years. Everyone was so focused on their first teenybopper hits that they eschewed the much more adult, melodic sound they adopted from the 3rd album on.

Everything he said and more. Scoundrel Days one of the great un known pop records. Top band, shame to see them go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY064h4U89U

aha.jpg

I funkin love Alan Partridge 8)

there is plenty of amazing music out of Norway, which I love to bits - kings of convenience, annie, bjorn torske, prins thomas, todd terje, ost & kjex, magnus international, lindstrom, blackbelt, royksopp (not including current LP turkey), ane brun, hanne hakelberg... to name but a few

and you have to bring up AHA!!!! :lol: ugh - school disco pop hell - I agree with Morbyd that they did go on to embrace a more AOR sound, but they've always sounded terribly bland imo..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back