A few of my snaps...

I use McAfee, it spotted that there was a trojan active, but by the time the alert had appeared the virus had already restricted access to everything, and when i rebooted, it had control of everything. I couldn't do a system restore or even shut down processes, run programs. I'm actually not to bad with computers either but the only thing I could really do was a clean install. Which as it turns out was actually a blessing in disguise since my PC is running much better now. It seems to ramp up RAM and CPU usage and make the computer impossible to run, all the while hitting you with ridiculously worded fake alerts about buying their 'antivirus' software.

It probably wasn't related anyway as nobody else has reported issues. It was weird, it seemed to happen just as I was browsing. I hadn't been installing any dodgy software (i last got a previous incarnation of this virus 7 months ago from installing snide Nero software).

I use McAfee, it spotted that there was a trojan active, but by the time the alert had appeared the virus had already restricted access to everything, and when i rebooted, it had control of everything. I couldn't do a system restore or even shut down processes, run programs. I'm actually not to bad with computers either but the only thing I could really do was a clean install. Which as it turns out was actually a blessing in disguise since my PC is running much better now. It seems to ramp up RAM and CPU usage and make the computer impossible to run, all the while hitting you with ridiculously worded fake alerts about buying their 'antivirus' software.

It probably wasn't related anyway as nobody else has reported issues. It was weird, it seemed to happen just as I was browsing. I hadn't been installing any dodgy software (i last got a previous incarnation of this virus 7 months ago from installing snide Nero software).
When I got my first PC (5 yrs ago??) I paid a lot for McAffee - and it was rubbish. I'm now on my third HD for the same machine (1 got virused, no thanks to McAffee, the other I cloned and keep as a spare) and I use a free anti-virus downloaded from the web, and toes crossed, no problems!

Back