A clubber bringing the family to the island. Help!

Danny Taylor

Any help will be appreciated :) after 10 years of partying on the island I’m dragging the family with me next year for my wedding (I’m keen asking for info already but I like to prepare)

So I obviously know how to cater for the younger crowd but bringing parents, aunties and uncles and kids means I have to plan for them.

I’ve recommended to everyone to stay in the san an Bay Area as I know a lot of families tend to stay out there but it’s also close to the action for the younger ones. I was just trying to plan where in san an bay is best to stay and what the bars have to offer. Any recommendations on bars that are family and kids friendly but also have an atmosphere at night. kumharas looks right up everyone’s street and I have noticed a few bars around there - is that the best place to go around there would you say?

I have my eyes on occidental hotel which seems a bit further out. It’s an all inclusive for a very decent price. I know I’m not expecting 5 star on the all incl for that cheap - it’s just for the ones with kids who will be getting harassed for countless glasses of coke which cost a fortune in other hotels. There doesn’t seem to be much around that hotel and does seem to be a bit of a walk down to the rest of the bars. Has anyone ever stayed there before?

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated :)

If you stay at the occidental it is a fair walk to the bars on the bay. I’d say 20 mins, about 25/30 mins to kumaharas. Even further if you are heading into San an.
There is a ferry taxi from port des torrent to San Antonio if you want to make the journey there early evening though.
personally I would say it’s a little bit far out the way if your not into getting taxis.

If you stay at the occidental it is a fair walk to the bars on the bay. I’d say 20 mins, about 25/30 mins to kumaharas. Even further if you are heading into San an.
There is a ferry taxi from port des torrent to San Antonio if you want to make the journey there early evening though.
personally I would say it’s a little bit far out the way if your not into getting taxis.
Cheers for that. Spot on! I think I’ll stick to occidental. Out the way but not too far to go for anyone who fancies it. Nice one for the ferry taxi recommendation. I’ll definitely look to use that whenever we want to get into san an

The Holiday Village.....

We're returning there in July. Exactly what's required if you have kids in tow.

Has a waterpark, 3 pools, football pitches, Go Ape type climbing facility etc....

Nice little beach with Bar/restaurant 2mins round the corner.....

I'm sure we got a boat from beach to San Antonio itself on one of the days...

Not luxurious by any stretch. But decent.....

The azuline Bergantin is a decent, big hotel and location wise, in the Bay and only 15/20 minutes walk to the O(cean) beach area. There's another good hotel across the road from it (although much smaller) called Hotel Tagomago.

I looked at azuline Bergantin last year as my best mate stayed there and rated it. However we wanted microwaves for sterilising baby bottles, may be worth considering whether the hotels have kitchen if anyone has really young kids.
We stayed at Playa Bella Apartments, old fashion layout with very modern bed rooms. Good family pool, lad playing baleric house on the decks during the day, beach and water taxi pier. Close to a wide collection of bars as details below.
Last year we went as two couples, two babies, here is a snippet of what I wrote here on spotloght:

"Not stayed in the bay for a long time, even then spent little time there just sleeping after clubs. Last week was there for a family holiday...with a little bit of clubbing:)

We all thought it was quiet, including mates who live or have lived there. However there are some nice cafes and bars; Tic Tac, Relish, Urban Lounge was that ok, bar-me, Guacho, El Kioski, Peppers did nice enough street food, Kumharas, next door lol, Freedom and the Reggae bar. Then there’s a shed load of bars that could be in any Mediterranean holiday destination where British people congregate- not everyone’s cup of tea.

Nearer to San An there are a collection of bars around the Bay Bar where you can people watch over a drink. Still enjoy watching the going-ons from Itica.

Admittedly I didn’t venture into the actual West End, skirted around the edges on the Sunset Strip which was quiet but still good. David’s still serving up good well priced food.

Is it perfect - no, but still better than Playa D’en Paradise"

Back